• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appleseed? (slightly OT, but looking for opinions)

Dreamer

imported post

I recently saw an article about the Appleseed Marksmanship program. I know, it's about rifle marksmanship, and sort of off-topic, but I wondered if anyone here had gone through one of their workshops, and what you thought of it. There are several scheduled for this summer here in NC, and I'm considering attending if they are worth the drive and the fees...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Go!

Be prepared to be humbled. But go anyway.

Start doing some stretching exercises now. It will make things a bit easier.

Bring lots of shade and maybe even a spare set of smoked shooting glasses. Sunscreen and water will be your friends.

BTW - you will learn a lot about shooting, and about history.

stay safe.

dcmdon

imported post

$40 for a day
$70 for the weekend

If you shoot a .22 (Ruger 10/22 with Tech-Sights installed is the preferred gun) you will get out of an entire weekend of training for $100. How's that?