• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

True vehiclular open carry!

Jayd1981

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Might be buying this bike from my neighbor. Better for true vehicular open carry!
keep saving your money, untill you can buy a REAL motorcycle!

Don't listen to him. Even smaller bikes are a blast to ride, plus you can't go wrong with a honda.

Forget the ZX10, here's a real bike.

DamTour004.jpg

sudden valley gunner

imported post

It's his skin let worry about it. That is one of the joys of riding in the summer unencumbered by jackets, a nice free feeling. Now if we can rid of the state mandated helmit laws.

cscitney87

imported post

Allow me to relay a truth.

Opinions are like a-holes.. everyone has one. Doesn't matter what you are riding, buddy. 250cc or 500cc... 600 inline 4 or a massive v6. When you're riding a motorcycle with or without speed.. without looks.. without chrome.. nah it doesn't matter.

Just like carrying a firearm.. Hi Point.. Rock Island.. Para.. Kimber.. Whatever floats your boat- point is you're carrying.

Congratulations on the prospects. Riding motorcycles is really fun no matter what brand, model, or motor size. Remain safe! :)

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

SVG, I know you been to the hospital before....but have you ever been stuck in a room with a moron that didn't wear enough gear in a motorcycle incident? The moron in the bed over had road rash all over his body and screamed like a little girl until they moved him out a couple days later. Do you know how much of my sleep was screwed? If I wasn't crippled and attached to a gazillion wires I woulda gotten up and pushed his damn bed out of my room into the closet ;)

cscitney87 is correct to a certain point. While every motorcycle is fun, you will outgrow it and eventually want bigger. So why waste time getting a small bike, learning, outgrowing, selling, buying new bike, learning, outgrowing maybe?

Yeah, yeah, learn on a small bike (waste of money). Just get a big bike with plenty of power and slowly progress....don't have to open it up on the first day...

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

I would buy that bike. My guess is he wants under $500 for it, right? If you were to get it. It is old enough to Licence it as a collector vehicle.(30yr or older)That way you would never have to get tabs for it for the rest of your life. As always, Motorcycles in the state of Washington are exempt from needing to have liability Insurance.RCW 46.30.020(3) (b) Though it is a good idea to have health insurance for yourself. Also, the bike did not have blinkers from the factory, so it is exempt from needing any.

Brad Cowin

imported post

That's mostly sound advice poo. I started on a Kawasaki KLX 250, then went to a Kawi KLR650, next was a Kawi ZZR600 and now I'm on a Yamaha Warrior 1700cc. All of that in a period of two years. I wasted a ton of money on taxes, licensing, etc.

I don't regret the 250 at all. I think you need to start small. It's easy to not go WOT for a while but its too risky to learn all the fine mechanics required to safely ride on something that makes more than 80hp. Definitely don't waste your time on medium-small bikes though. If I could go back I'd still start on a 250 and then either go straight to a liter sport bike or the 1700cc I have now.

amzbrady

imported post

Son_of_Perdition wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Might be buying this bike from my neighbor. Better for true vehicular open carry!
keep saving your money, untill you can buy a REAL motorcycle!

Why do you gotta be so full of hate, 1245A? :p

What is that G22Paddy? It looks like a 1972 SL125. I like it!

I just got finished restoring my 73 CT70. I put a 110cc engine in it and now it can get me up to 57mph. For those rollerscate tires, that's scary fast.Sure I look like a monkey humping a football when I ride it. But people and other riders always get a kick out of it.
If you pick that bike up, you and I can ride around like Hopper and Fonda in Easy Rider. 1245A can ride in the back like Nicholson. That would be EPIC!:celebrate
If your gonna ride a scooter it should be a Harley Scooter.

o2ryan

imported post

Took SR-20 all the way accross the state last summer, OC the whole time. Tough to see with the jacket, but you should spot the grip of my ruger behind my right elbow.

aws1zc.jpg

Glock17

imported post

Nice little bike. That will get you around when the gas hits 4 bucks. Which I pray to God it never does. Cheers

Aaron1124

imported post

Glock17 wrote:
Nice little bike. That will get you around when the gas hits 4 bucks. Which I pray to God it never does. Cheers
Well it was almost 5 bucks a couple of years ago... so I wouldn't be surprised.

amzbrady

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Glock17 wrote:
Well it was almost 5 bucks a couple of years ago... so I wouldn't be surprised.
How hard is it to convert crude oil into gas? BP is giving it away free at southern beaches.

Glock17

imported post

Wow! I heard they got a huge insurance settlement out of that mess they made. I wish I got an insurance settlement everytime I made a mess. Cheers

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I wanted a 250r (50-60 MPGS!!!!) also but I couldn't justify spending 3-4 grand on a 250...

Wish I had found a nice dual sport (or a 650R cruiser/sport) that would fit me and still have enough power at that time I was buying but I still found the almighty ZX10R and I love it and will never downgrade to a poop 600cc or whatever.

g22, either way, 175CC or 50 or 1000, if you OC nobody will make fun of you...at least not in your presence;)

I have OCed on my bike to champion arms, and have only had maybe 1 or 2 cars with their occupants turn their heads and stare, nobody else cares, it's all good.

*This is an awesome thread btw fellas, and of course it's OC related ;))

This one's for amz, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzlN2zC8PU

Metalhead47

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Not over yet, they say the next fix could make it worse.
They need to just get serious & NUKE the damn thing already. It's worked great the dozen or so times the Russkies did it. Need to get some pix of our bikes in here.

Now, who's got the cohones to OC a rifle on a bike?:what:

1245A Defender

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
They need to just get serious & NUKE the damn thing already. It's worked great the dozen or so times the Russkies did it. Need to get some pix of our bikes in here.

i rode my guzzi from belfair to olympia and back for the 2nd A rally
with my 45cal black powder kentucky rifle slung across my back!

Metalhead47

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

i rode my guzzi from belfair to olympia and back for the 2nd A rally
with my 45cal black powder kentucky rifle slung across my back!
I was thinking more those scaryebil guns, y'know, the black ones with gazillion-round magazine clips & child-seeking cop killer bullets :uhoh:

Nimh

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Allow me to relay a truth.

Opinions are like a-holes.. everyone has one. Doesn't matter what you are riding, buddy. 250cc or 500cc... 600 inline 4 or a massive v6. When you're riding a motorcycle with or without speed.. without looks.. without chrome.. nah it doesn't matter.

Just like carrying a firearm.. Hi Point.. Rock Island.. Para.. Kimber.. Whatever floats your boat- point is you're carrying.

Congratulations on the prospects. Riding motorcycles is really fun no matter what brand, model, or motor size. Remain safe! :)
... a big +1, from a rider of nearly 30 years.

I have a few bikes, and have owned dozens. The current stable ranges from 400cc to 1400... from 38hp to 170. I ride 12k miles each year for grins. There's a saying amongst motorcyclists I've always appreciated.

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slowly. "

My first was a '72 Suzuki TS185. That prospect of yours looks like all manner of fun. Buy it and enjoy, but if you haven't already, get yourself involved in a motorcycle safety class. It is time and money well spent.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Awesome replies to this thread!

Yes, Son_of_Perdition, it's a 1972 Honda SL125. Good eye!

The 125 will be for in and around town, such as school, work, and friends' houses. At the moment, I don't need anything that goes above 50mph. I barely travel on the highway, and I have my car and others available if need be. However, in the future, I'll be owning a bigger bike for highway use and higher speeds.