• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

True vehiclular open carry!

.45ACPaddy

imported post

p5300026.jpg

Might be buying this bike from my neighbor. Better for true vehicular open carry!

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Get a thigh or shoulder holster while riding.

And practice and keep it on your left side for no throttle sacrifice if in a crappy situation!

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
Might be buying this bike from my neighbor. Better for true vehicular open carry!
keep saving your money, untill you can buy a REAL motorcycle!
Yep, you can get a brand new Kawasaki ZX-10 for around ten five.

Oh wait, you probably meant one of those over-priced 'midlife crisis' bikes with the little birdy on them; didn't you...

:p

Seriously though, you'll have a great time no matter what brand of two wheels you're riding :)

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
That's funny that you mention a ZX10 there sir llama.....
I've been OC'ing on mine for a couple years now :)

I with I had a dollar for every time a LEO gave me a sideways look :celebrate

Edited to add: If you happen to notice someone on an 'obnoxious-green' ZX-10 while OC'ing, there's a good chance that it's 'yours truly' ;)

KBCraig

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Man, a low-pipe XL! 175? I've forgotten the color schemes from the different years, but that was over 30 years ago. Bike looks to be in great shape. Get it!

Don't let the haters hatin' get you down. Buy it!

When that bike was new, a 750 was a "huge!" motorcycle that only the manliest men could handle. These days, the faux-machismo PC bike culture says that anything under 1,300 is a "girl's bike".

Truth is, any decent rider on a 250 could run laps around most of these RUBs on their monster V-twins. That's because they can delude themselves that they're "bikers", but they can't override their survival instinct, and they know deep inside that they're in over their heads and scared to crack the throttle.

Except when they pull the clutch in and blap their straight pipes to piss off the mundanes, that is.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I OC on my Honda Nighhawk all the time. Keeps the Canadian and Californiadrivers in line.;)

We should have an OC motorcycle ride. One was planned last year don't know if it come to fruition or not.

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
keep saving your money, untill you can buy a REAL motorcycle!

Why do you gotta be so full of hate, 1245A? :p

What is that G22Paddy? It looks like a 1972 SL125. I like it!

I just got finished restoring my 73 CT70. I put a 110cc engine in it and now it can get me up to 57mph. For those rollerscate tires, that's scary fast.Sure I look like a monkey humping a football when I ride it. But people and other riders always get a kick out of it.
If you pick that bike up, you and I can ride around like Hopper and Fonda in Easy Rider. 1245A can ride in the back like Nicholson. That would be EPIC!:celebrate

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
This is how you ride in stlyle. 2008 HDFatboy.
Apparently fatboy doesn't care for his skin or the skins of others around him. And you carry a handgun for what reason???? ;)