• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GBPD At my door!

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Here's a simple solution:

Visit the Chief of Police at his home, late night, so you know he's sleeping. 

"Who is it?"

"A citizen."

"Hold on."  He picks up his gun.

"Do you run the police department?"

"Yes...."

"Do you allow officers to wake people up in the middle of the night and ask me to limit the free exercise of a constitutional right?"

"uhh....."

"Well I've received a number of complaints that this is what is happening..."

"uhhhhh...."

"Well, could you ask your officers to not do that as much?  Because I have to come and bug your ass late at night every time I hear about it!"

Just way too funny!

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
"Can you please be a little less black!"

I guess it is comedy day on the forum. Very good! :)

I guess people just don't understand that we are talking a fundamental right! I didn't quite 'get' it myself until I started reading on this forum.

It doesn't matter what other people think, just like it doesn't matter if people think I am too dumb to vote or to dumb to speak, these are all rights!

I was listening to WPR this morning and they were talking about the drug violence in Mexico. The guest kept going on and on about it being the US fault because we didn't extend the assault weapon ban and because we are the main consumers of Mexican drugs.

Everybody keeps forgetting that when you make stuff illegal, only criminals will do it! :banghead:

Control the border (both directions) and the illegal drug and illegal weapon trade will slow.

M

McX

imported post

a pretty salty bunch on here today. the holiday weekend must have 'empowered' them. Still, i just hope no one shows up at my door at 3 am, i mean, you guys like me right? I'm a littler nervous though, since shotgun gave his avatar a new haircut and all....:cool:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Talking about the drug wars in Mexico look at all the "data" they say they have on the firearms from the U.S.

If there really are American citizens buying and selling (straw purchase for sure) firearms to gun runners or drug runners in Mexico why is it that it is not on the news? What I mean is why is it that these people are not being arrested for gun running? Anyone know?

According to what I have read (hard to find on the Internet!) most of these "assault" weapons are actually military carbines and rifles that OUR OWN GOVERNMENT sold to the Mexican government through government contracts. They are for the most part select fire weapons that us normal folk cannot buy legally at all! The fact that these guns are then being stolen and sold to drug dealers in Mexico BY THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT has nothing to do with U.S. citizens.

Do you think the biased news media will ever tell the truth?

Oh, and I like Shotguns post! Knock, knock! LOL!

__

Banned
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Oh my, Asperger's Syndrome?
Prhaps you shouldnt shotgun words you dont quite understand. They might stick to someone sensitive and that does u nderstand. Isthis a personal attack?

qball54208

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
qball54208 wrote:
He requested "from a PR stand point, cause the general public does not understand that it is legal and to prevent me from being subjected to being put to the ground at gun point by some younger officer that does not understand the law"
This is BS since all GBPD officers are required to have read the memo published by Chief Arts.:?
Yupper, I have a copy of it as well, I talked to a retired GBPD Officer today about it and he agrees that it was unnecessary! Complete BS!

qball54208

imported post

I was told that it might "Scare citizens" Why? We all enjoy the same freedoms, free to move about, free to speak, free to display bumper stickers on your car, free to go to the Grocery store and so on.
My wife said, "Well what about the Mother walking her kids down the street?" What about it? I choose to educate myself and exercise my rights, I break no Laws when I OC, I do not "adjust" my weapon, I know where it is. I do not walk like some kind of a bad ass, hell I got a gut, look some what out of shape yadda yadda yadda.
When I walk past ppl, I give them a nice greeting, even the ones on their own property.
It is much like a group of "Other than normal" ppl walking through the neighborhood, and some old codger getting pissed that one of them walked on his grass! So frickin what, did they break any law, nope, so let it be!
Society has been bamboozled, the uneducated should be ashamed of themselves!

LOERetired

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Here I am sound asleep in my bed, mind you the knocking at my door startled me a bit when my wife shook me and said "someone's at the door". I know it ain't any 'Holy Rollers", so I figured I'd ignore it and they'd go away, nope! Now I do not get visitors THAT late, at all!
I asked (while my XD is in my hand)Q: Who is it? A: It's the Police. I reply, Hold on (I put my XD away) and open the door. Officer (whom I've known for years) asks, "Do you OC"? Yes I do, why? Well we have received numerous complaints, 4 in all, that you have been seen OC'ing in the 2100 block of "BLAH". Yes that would be me, I OC pretty much every where I go, especially when I am with my wife and Daughter and when I'm on my property. I guess someone had a problem w/ me cutting my grass while armed earlier today.
He asked me if I could not do it as much! Or, so he does not "get bombarded with calls and have to come and investigate them" He knows that it is legal, he knows my back ground and my training (LEO and Military) He requested "from a PR stand point, cause the general public does not understand that it is legal and to prevent me from being subjected to being put to the ground at gun point by some younger officer that does not understand the law"
Are you fricking kidding me?
He also stated that "the demographics of where I live does not need to be OC'ing, just don't do it as much, there are older ppl that live here, and it really is not that bad here"
That's a load of BS! It matters not where you live, it is a Right afforded to me.
I asked him if he'd do his job W/O any of his weapons, and got some BS answer.
I told him I will not reduce my OC'ing in public. However, in an effort to be reasonable, I asked him to follow up w/ the complainants (anonymous at that they were) and inform them about OC is legal.
Allegedly, this complaint went all the way to his Shift Commander!
The 2nd officer asked if I carried a badge? To which I replied, NO, I do not mis-represent my self, ever! He implied that if I were a Security Officer that would help, I ain't no wana be! Nor do I project that, ever!
Officer 1 says, "make it less visible" How do I do that and stay w/in the Law, i asked? No response. Aside from being on my property and concealing it, I must carry openly.
I will not stop OC'ing nor will I reduce it, as requested by the Officer. As I told him so, however in an effort to be reasonable, I asked him to educate the complainants, he was not receptive to my suggestion, nor my comment about how Dispatch handles MWG calls.
I can see where this is going!
Better go and get a recorder!

I would take this as a warning for a possible charge for disorderly conduct. I would go purchase a recorder right away, and continue to carry in the same places. Myself, I've just purchased a Camcorder Spy Sunglasses with audio at the below link. They get delivered today. In reading the other comments, the best comment I read was to contact an attorney, most first visits are free, but, before contacting an attorney, set up a meeting with the person in charge at the GBPD and discuss this with him or her, communication with this person would give you insite as to their current policy, it may be that the two cops had there own agenda, and thier supervisor was not accually aware of what occured, even though they said that their supervisor was.

Don

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/spy-camera-sunglasses.html

protias

imported post

Definitely file a complaint regarding the hour of night to which you were woken up.

Kriegsammler

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
"Can you please be a little less black!"

As amusing a statement as that was.. I'd liken it to: "Could you please be a little less Republican/Democrat/Vegetarian/something else you choose to be?"

One can't choose their race.. false dichotomy.

-Adam

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

I just had GBPD at my door. it was all quite hilarious.It involved a stripper that had been staying with me, an amateur MMA fighter, 5 cops, some old women, a couple of kids, some other strippers, and much hilarity. MMA dude is in jail....

Cobra469

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
I just had GBPD at my door. it was all quite hilarious.It involved a stripper that had been staying with me, an amateur MMA fighter, 5 cops, some old women, a couple of kids, some other strippers, and much hilarity. MMA dude is in jail....
Do what? Sounds like a hilarious story.

qball54208

imported post

protias wrote:
Definitely file a complaint regarding the hour of night to which you were woken up.
Yeah, what's got my goat is that the Officer stated "You were seen cutting your grass while armed" Yes I was, as a matter of fact, which was at 1000hrs. Mind you they came 12 hrs later to "follow up" on a complaint.
Talk about unreasonable.
The Officer satated to his shift commander "I know the guy" That's why he came so frickin late.
I doubt the GBPD was that inundated w/ calls earlier that day to actually take care of the complaint!

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
Do what? Sounds like a hilarious story.
Oh it was, I woke up this morning to bring a friend to a military function of hers and I was still laughing.