• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

active military and no GFL?

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

Mark, I have no opinion on your knowledge one way or the other, although I am sure it is in no way deficient.

I've been a member of both GeorgiaPacking and GeorgiaCarry for a number of years. The question has been asked and answered there before. The answer is the same as you posted - no mention of any requirement to be stationed in Georgia in order to be subject to the laws of the state while within its boundaries.

Did I miss somewhere in Mr Childers opinion that one must be stationed in Georgia? I don't recall seeing either 'station' or 'stationed', or 'permanent duty station' in what you posted.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

I was of the opinion what we were discussing Georgia.

I'm not really asking for your opinion on the law as I have no intention of trying to convince you one way or the other. I only wish for you to point out where it says one must be stationed in Georgia to be subject to the laws of the state when you are in Georgia.

So... did I miss the words 'station', 'stationed', or 'permanent duty station' in Senior Assistant Attorney General Childers' unofficial opinion or not?

groats

imported post

"16-11-130.
(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 16-11-127.2 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:
(1) Peace officers...
(2) Wardens...
(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;
The new law makes it quite clear that regardless of where military personnel are stationed, they are exempt from the cc laws (as well as a couple of others - see the relevant code sections mentioned above).

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

It's been a week since the gentleman was asked to provide a citation to the law requiring one must be stationed in Georgia to be allowed to carry on one's GFL/GWL.

I think we can consider that myth .... busted.

mark5019

imported post

maybe maybe not

when i replied i still say i was correct but i dont plan on haveing a pissing contest with you so ill let you have the last word

xd45packer

imported post

One does not need to be stationed in GA. Merely in the state of GA with a current enlisted/commissioned military ID. This does not allow a GA resident who is stationed in a state other than GA to use their military ID as a GFL (GWL).

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

mark5019 wrote:
maybe maybe not

when i replied i still say i was correct but i dont plan on haveing a pissing contest with you so ill let you have the last word
You mischaracterize me, sir.

You stated a point of law; we asked for a citation to the point of law you stated.

We would still value your contribution to the body of knowledge on the subject and are asking you to provide a citation. I see no 'pissing', merely a request for knowledge.

Can you help to educate us, or not?