• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Promoted OC on 89x this morning.

malignity

imported post

89x morning radio had a segment about whether or not you've been kicked out of a place, or have been barred from a place before, and asked what the reason was....

I definitely called in, promoted open carry, and informed them that I was kicked out of a local gun store for open carrying.

Their responses were priceless. They thought it was the stupidest thing ever. :lol: Even radio personalities have more common sense than said gun store.

PDinDetroit

imported post

malignity wrote:
89x morning radio had a segment about whether or not you've been kicked out of a place, or have been barred from a place before, and asked what the reason was....

I definitely called in, promoted open carry, and informed them that I was kicked out of a local gun store for open carrying.

Their responses were priceless. They thought it was the stupidest thing ever. :lol: Even radio personalities have more common sense than said gun store.
Very cool!

And just which gun store would this have been? :shock:

Michigun

imported post

doh. I usually listen to 89x in the morning but missed it today. :X

malignity

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
malignity wrote:

Very cool!

And just which gun store would this have been? :shock:

Double Action in Madison Heights. This was before they posted their no-OC signs.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

:idea: how 'bout a radio OC promo? We call in all known radio stations in an effort to reach thousands about OC. The more people who at least know OC is legal, the fewer people will call the LEOs, wasting their time, and risking ours.

kevinjames

imported post

I got 101 to mention oppen carry on nite call about a year ago. they were totally agianst it. but alot of people called in comfirming the oc was legal in michigan

malignity

imported post

I'm very curious to see if they still have the response now.

The open carry movement was not nearly the same a year ago than it is today.