• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - How California legislators are trying to curtail your hunting

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.examiner.com/x-25957-SF-Hunting-Examiner~y2010m5d31-How-California-legislators-are-trying-to-curtail-your-hunting

SNIP

Three bills initiated by Democrats, each with the intent of curtailing your hunting , by limiting usage andregistration, are up for final assembly vote as early as this week!

The Bills:

. . .

AB 1934 (Lori Saldaña, D-San Diego) Open Carry Ban. Would eliminate the "open carry" provision from existing law, and would make it illegal to openly carry any unloaded firearm anywhere in the state. As many of us hunters carry handguns while hunting this would reduce our ability to dispatch a wounded animal as we would not be able to carry our handguns any more.

. . .

REQUESTED ACTION:

Please call, fax and email all the Assembly members that you can and request that they vote NO on AB 1810, AB 1934, and AB 2223.

Haz.

imported post

Mike wrote:

13 days and no response from anyone? If this keep's up you guys wont be hunting anythingat all soon?

Now this is your average well fedDown-Under Ferel pig. Wouldn't want him sneaking about your prized "cattle" ranch. Pulled down a full grown steer and was shot in the process of enjoying his meal.

Haz.