• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can they take your guns?

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

DVC wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:
DVC wrote:
Well, unless someone held a gun to your head, you are the one who put yourself into debt in the first place. You are the one who bought a truck worth 4 times that debt,

This kind of logic is all wrong. Im am sure this person bought these things while employed and was able to make the payments, then life happened and he lost his job.

If this was the way everyone thought, then nobody should ever but a single thing, just incase life hits you and bankruptcy is your only option.
He has a truck worth FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. He only owes a fraction of what that's worth, so selling it would clear the books AND give him thousands of dollars more than he owes to put in the bank!

It doesn't matter how employed or unemployed he is -- HE put himself into debt Instead, he is condemning the banks that loaned him the money that he asked for.

This may not be as far, but it is certainly the same road as someone hiring armed bodyguards, then condemning guns.

BTW, I am just as unemployed as he is. I have no debt, only monthly expenses. I have no credit cards, only a debit card that works like Visa if I need it to. I don't buy stuff that I can't pay for, and I follow the dictum of "Love people, not things" -- I'm selling off stuff that I don't need. I'm getting by, and I don't have collection agencies after me.

If I can do it, he can do it, and I didn't get to start with a $40,000 truck to sell at the beginning of summer. I've never even owned an AIRPLANE that cost $40,000!
the only debt i have is credit card on 1 card and $5000 of that is from the irs because i took out my annuity to pay my truck off which i automaticly paid 20% fed tax the day i took it out

Robin47

imported post

There are atternys that work for the government, in private legal forms.

They mainly work for the violations the credit card companys do to you when you can't pay anymore, and they start selling you off to collectors, who do violate you.

Start reseaching the federal protection laws to protect yourself.

"FDCPA" google that in and learn all you can now, before your turned over to collections. Find atternys who work for the FDCPA, in your state, they are free if they take your case. They get the fines, from the collectors and they do the setteling with the B of A.

Their like watch-dogs for the fed -laws.

Robin47 :celebrate

wrightme

imported post

DVC wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:
DVC wrote:
Well, unless someone held a gun to your head, you are the one who put yourself into debt in the first place. You are the one who bought a truck worth 4 times that debt,

This kind of logic is all wrong. Im am sure this person bought these things while employed and was able to make the payments, then life happened and he lost his job.

If this was the way everyone thought, then nobody should ever but a single thing, just incase life hits you and bankruptcy is your only option.
He has a truck worth FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. He only owes a fraction of what that's worth, so selling it would clear the books AND give him thousands of dollars more than he owes to put in the bank!

It doesn't matter how employed or unemployed he is -- HE put himself into debt Instead, he is condemning the banks that loaned him the money that he asked for.

This may not be as far, but it is certainly the same road as someone hiring armed bodyguards, then condemning guns.

BTW, I am just as unemployed as he is. I have no debt, only monthly expenses. I have no credit cards, only a debit card that works like Visa if I need it to. I don't buy stuff that I can't pay for, and I follow the dictum of "Love people, not things" -- I'm selling off stuff that I don't need. I'm getting by, and I don't have collection agencies after me.

If I can do it, he can do it, and I didn't get to start with a $40,000 truck to sell at the beginning of summer. I've never even owned an AIRPLANE that cost $40,000!
No, he is condemning the banks that ended the housing bubble; forgetting that the banks caused the housing bubble to begin with. That bubble was responsible for his ability to buy that truck, and now he condemns them since the bubble burst and ended the rampant construction......

Hypocrite. But, other than the deal about a firearm, pretty off-topic.

Actually, the banks only followed the lending guidelines of the government to provide a false real estate market that floundered......

Man up, sell the bling-rig, and buy a subsistence rig.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

wrightme wrote:
DVC wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:
DVC wrote:

No, he is condemning the banks that ended the housing bubble; forgetting that the banks caused the housing bubble to begin with. That bubble was responsible for his ability to buy that truck, and now he condemns them since the bubble burst and ended the rampant construction......

Hypocrite. But, other than the deal about a firearm, pretty off-topic.

Actually, the banks only followed the lending guidelines of the government to provide a false real estate market that floundered......

Man up, sell the bling-rig, and buy a subsistence rig.

i will use it for target practice before anyone takes it

plus it tows my house on wheels 18,000 pounds+

wrightme

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
i will use it for target practice before anyone takes it
Leaving statements like this around will ensure someone tries to take it for what you owe. Probably time to start looking for a replacement job in ANY field, rather than go through the bankruptcy when you are obviously solvent and stubborn.

$10K and no other debt does not count when you own a $40K asset.
Just sell off a few sand toys to pay the card then.
Moving on, this is simply off-topic.

You are leaving trails that show that a bk would likely not be viewed well by the system:
Interests:
street bikes, quads, dirt bikes, hookers, guns, dogs