• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regional OC Meet-up Sat. 6/19 Surry House Restaurant

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Regional OC Event - Sat June 19th - starting 11:30 AM

We will meet up at the Surry House, eat a leisurely lunch, then ride the ferry (runs every 30 minutes) and coordinate via cell phone to meet up and tour Colonial Williamsburg in groups.

The Richmond contingent may finish up the day with a caravan home followed by another OC dinner somewhere.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

[align=center]
Sandwiches from the Grill |From the Barnyard |From the Gardens of Virginia
Traditional &Tasty Desserts | Breakfast |Kids Menu |e-mail
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
restaurant.jpg
[/align] Across the James River lies the beautiful little town of Surry.
Take a relaxing free ferry ride on the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry and visit us here at
The Surrey House Restaurant for some down home country meals served with southern hospitality and a warm
family atmosphere that will take you back to times gone by.

wylde007

imported post

Might be able to make it.

I've got a gig out of town that night in Staunton... maybe the missus and little'un might want to do a Jamestown Ferry ride.

Put me down for possible "3". Well, 2½.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

We will meet up at the Surry House, eat a leisurely lunch, then ride the ferry (runs every 30 minutes) and coordinate via cell phone to meet up and tour Colonial Williamsburg in groups.

The Surry House Restaurant
http://www.surreyhouserestaurant.com
11865 Rolfe Highway

Surry, VA 23883 Get directions
(757) 294-3389

Confirmed Possible
Grapeshot..........2 Great day for the whole family!
SuperDad........................3
skidmark............1
wyld007..........................3

Yata hey

DocDaddy

imported post

Great choice!!! They have some awesome food there! When we go for a ride on the motorcycles out that way, wealways stop in. It is a popular destination!Not sure if I can make it, will "Confirm" or "Possible" at a later date.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would have absolutley loved to have attended this one.. Alas, I work day shift now, and don't get off until 2:30pm.. :cry:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Nap X 2

It's a beautiful old place and the owners are the best people imaginable.

surry1.jpg

surry2.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

11865 Rolfe Highway

(757) 294-3389

Confirmed Possible
skidmark............1

peter nap..........2

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

11865 Rolfe Highway

(757) 294-3389

Confirmed Possible
skidmark............1

peter nap..........2
bmartinxd45.......2............2

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

We REALLY want to go, but Bridget graduates the night before and we'll have a house full of out-of-town guests.

I would rather be FAR from the outlaws, but I have to be here... :cuss:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
We REALLY want to go, but Bridget graduates the night before and we'll have a house full of out-of-town guests.

I would rather be FAR from the outlaws, but I have to be here... :cuss:
Bring 'em all - they'll get and education in freedom and graduate with a new degree
in respect. :lol:

Yata hey

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I spend as little time with my father-out-law as possible and forbid my children to be around him unless either my wife or I am with them.

He's convinced G.W. Bush planned the 9/11 attacks :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

You can't reason with someone like that. He's always voted liberal because his daddy did and his daddy's daddy did and his daddy's daddy's daddy did before that... :shock:

Those are the least annoying of his many malfunctions.

I seriously doubt he voted for the current occupier of 1600 Pennsie Ave because he's also one of the most racist SOB's I've ever met. :cuss:

He honestly believes that Negroes are descendant from primates and uses the "other N word" in public, evenwhen surrounded by blacks. He has absolutely no shame. I was absolutely STUNNED when he took my wife (his youngest daughter), my 4 children and I to dinner one night at The Trough (Golden Corral). He is hard of hearing and his hearing aids don't quite work as well as they should. It was a crowded Friday night and I think someone had a LARGE group I suspect was a family reunion. The food bar was very crowded and he was right in the middle of a large group of people. After a couple offolks bumped him because of the sheer number of people reaching and grabbing food, He turned beet red. I saw the veins sticking out of his neck. I thought his head was going to explode. My father in law shouted "THERE'S TOO DAMN MANY N---ERS IN HERE!!!" I wanted to crawl under the carpet.

Have you ever heard a pin drop in a Golden Corral that is filled to capacity? I didn't. I did hear a spoonhit the Terra Cotta tile floor, though... I thought he would be beaten to a bloody pulp, but it took about 10 minutes before the place returned to a "normal" volume of spoken language, but it never quite made it back to the previous noise level.

I have no idea how he has lived to the age of 78. I don't know how he managed to survive 20 years in the Navy, either.

The onlycure to whatever disease my father-in-law suffers from comes in various calibers. MyTriage Planwould include a trio of 230 gr. JHPs administered in the Mozambique Tradition, but that would probably have a negative effect upon my marritial status, not to mention the loss of my CHP (and freedom).

Sorry folks... TMI?
Probably.
Certain things I amvery "passionate" about and racism is one thing that really "sticks in my craw". It ranks right up there with child molesters and scumbags that abusewomen and children.