• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to meet at Starbuck's in Wentzville

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Wentzville Starbuck's was another good gathering. Our usual camera person (Lady C)decided to giveOC a try. As well we had a new face from the forum(LMTD) come out to sit and chat. As well I would like to thank some of the usual faces I see at these gathers: Big Mike, Cash50, Superlite, Nrepuyan, and The Angry Falconer.

Doc
DSCF2431.jpg

DSCF2418.jpg

DSCF2434.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

zekester

imported post

So sorry I missed it, stupid me fell asleep watching the Card's...Must have been all the excitement I had in KC Friday..

Z

Telling my kids they cannot use my car next week....

Where is the next one?

Z

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Good time, nice folks, only one incident, ok not really an incident, more of an interaction.

Seems some designed engineer had a massive brain fart and placed the extended chute trash can about 3 foot from the outside seating table. When a lady tosses a half full soda cup into it, she thought she had splashed Cash, however it was all good and he was nether assaulted or battered by the trash she disposed of and a smaile and wave was all that was required to make it all good.

In an effort for full disclosure, the poser pics indicated I was OC, however that is not the case, I was CCW other than the photo. Not so much as any kind of statement, I just really had no desire to tuck my shirt in at any point yesterday. I also took quite offensive the event in St Charles where BigMike was questioned and disarmed simply because he was standing next to someone openly carrying and I did not plan on being quite as cordial if a similar situation arose.

Relaxing evening with good company and conversation.

cash50

imported post

LMTD wrote:
Good time, nice folks, only one incident, ok not really an incident, more of an interaction.

Seems some designed engineer had a massive brain fart and placed the extended chute trash can about 3 foot from the outside seating table. When a lady tosses a half full soda cup into it, she thought she had splashed Cash, however it was all good and he was nether assaulted or battered by the trash she disposed of and a smaile and wave was all that was required to make it all good.

In an effort for full disclosure, the poser pics indicated I was OC, however that is not the case, I was CCW other than the photo. Not so much as any kind of statement, I just really had no desire to tuck my shirt in at any point yesterday. I also took quite offensive the event in St Charles where BigMike was questioned and disarmed simply because he was standing next to someone openly carrying and I did not plan on being quite as cordial if a similar situation arose.

Relaxing evening with good company and conversation.
You have the "family support" to do that, not everyone does.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

You are correct and it does make a difference, however, as I made it clear as well, I have an ethics clause in my contract and a not so firearm friendly employer so the cost would be perhaps more far reaching.

I also said not so cordial, meaning I would stop the officer dead in his tracks with something to the effect of "Why are you asking me anything sir?"

I think it is best said, I learned from Mikes experience he showed us all, an officer may well be quite willing to question and detain and seize property from you simply because of where you are standing, lets remember Doc was reported on, not Mike.

While one can debate all day long whether or not the officers should have addressed Doc, there is no debate on Bigmike, he was not reported on and was questioned for no reason what so ever beyond standing next to someone whom had been reported on.

I am in no way what so ever saying Mikes reaction was wrong, I am simply saying that I learned from it and I would question the officers motives directly to make it quite clear to him that not only what he was doing was wrong, he was dealing with a citizen whom KNEW it was wrong and he would be held accountable for his actions.

Had they not shared the video, I would still know it was wrong and would have been surprised by it and not have had a planned approach, this was my point and if another was implied I apologize for mis-communicating the wrong point.

silo

imported post

Had my belt on and mom over to babysit ready to leave when my new hockey league director called to see if I would be able to make the evaluation session. :cuss: Horrible. Wish I could have made both!

nrepuyan

imported post

weather was PERFECT. not too hot, not too cold.

great seeing everyone after being gone for the last 2 ones.

LMTD great meeting you as well.

looking forward to the next. everyone have a safe week.

nrepuyan

imported post

LMTD, real quick you mentioned some brand of tuckable holster here locally but i cannot recall what...if you could be so kind to refresh my poor memory, that'd be muchly appreciated. thanks again!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
LMTD, real quick you mentioned some brand of tuckable holster here locally but i cannot recall what...if you could be so kind to refresh my poor memory, that'd be muchly appreciated. thanks again!
Kholster, out of Chesterfield mo.

If you contact him, let him know I sent ya, no spiff but I got one of his first models and talked to him about improvements.

http://kholster.com/

YuppieDog

imported post

LMTD wrote:
nrepuyan wrote:
Kholster, out of Chesterfield mo.

If you contact him, let him know I sent ya, no spiff but I got one of his first models and talked to him about improvements.

http://kholster.com/
Nrepuyan - You have seen my 1911 Kholster, every time at starbucks.

Jim move ? He was in south county, last time I was at his house, a month or so back.

I am going to have a "Kholster Party" one of these days - He comes out and makes 5 holster at your house for like 30 each and the party guy gets one free (me).

Since this is a Open Carry Forum - he doesn't get much attention on here.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I have not been to his house and my discussions with him was around a year, perhaps 2 years ago so I could be wrong or perhaps he moved.

When I was talking to him he was just starting out literally and because I had a variety of pistols and he had the abilities to mold the kydex, I offered him the use of my pistols to mold off of to increase the models he had production molds for, however we never got together, we also were discussing a completely custom design and his pricing was huge reasonable, I was very impressed.

I like my Kholster a lot, I also use the Don Hume for the 1911 when I am not looking for deep conceal which I like as well.