• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**OC OUTING** Bid farewell to open carry in Acadia (FOR NOW!)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hey guys, so in mid-July the ban on Open Carry in Acadia National Park will go into effect. But, on the ******11th of July which is a SUNDAY****** we are going to have a farewell to OC in Acadia, Thompson Island to be exact. with a promise that we will get it back! What I need from you guys is support and food!! One thing that you can do is plan your weekend around Acadia! It's picturesque and a great place for the whole family! Tell everyone you know! I would love another great turnout like we had for the barbecue! I am getting the word out a month in advance so that everyone should hear about it! We can even do a camp-out if people want to?! So please get back to me with a solid number! If you have any questions please contact me directly: shanebelanger@gmail.com

crdonov

imported post

if it was the saturday following the 17th, my family, and my friend and his family would be able to make it. June 17, a thursdayandwe would not be able to get the time off from work . Could we doit that Sat 06/19, just a thought

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

crdonov wrote:
if it was the saturday following the 17th, my family, and my friend and his family would be able to make it. June 17, a thursdayandwe would not be able to get the time off from work . Could we doit that Sat 06/19, just a thought
All of the dates we are talking about are in the month of *July*

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ok guys, the date is the 11th, it's a sunday. Remember this is July 11th. I have the permit and I should have the *legislator* speaker lined up by tomorrow night! So, lets start spreading the word by mouth and I'll let out a press release once I have the speaker fully on board with us! Like always any questions/comments email them so me at shanebelanger@gmail.com or hit me up on here! Thanks guys!

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Well, I forgot the name of the place and the lady that I need to contact has today off so I won't know for sure until tomorrow. It has grills though? That's all I know for sure right now, BUT** the park ranger is a HUGE 2ndA supporter and thinks that the right to open carry being banned is just plain wrong. And remember it's the 11th of July at 1pm

rhenriksen

imported post

Very nice to hear the park ranger is on our side. Great job w. the speaker(s) and press releases, Shane!

doorbell

imported post

Thompson Island is across the street from the information center at the head of the island (MDI). It is a nice place for a get together. Anyone who wants to stroll downtown Bar Harbor or check the views from Cadillac while OC? let me know.