• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNloaded Open Carry Ban Passed by CA. Assembly

cato

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=307281

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2010/06/assembly-passes-2.html

June 1, 2010
Assembly passes ban on carrying unloaded handguns in public Legislation to outlaw the carrying of unloaded handguns in public was passed Tuesday by the Assembly.
The measure, Assembly Bill 1934, received the bare-minimum number of votes necessary, passing 41-25, with Republicans opposed.

The bill was crafted in response to a protest movement, "Open Carry," in which activists wield unloaded guns in public places to publicize opposition to gun-control laws as well as difficulties in obtaining concealed-weapons permits...

artwork by Oleg Volk:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

No surprises there.

Though if this does get signed into law, I will have to purchase another firearm. If it is illegal to carry a holstered, unloaded handgun, I will have to find a suitable long gun and a three-point tactical slingto replace it with. Im thinking- home built offlist AR with no 'evil features'.

Gundude

imported post

I expect this will never become law, as it won't pass muster after incorporation.

The question before the court isn't whether to incorporate or not, but how to do it.

copy paste the question.....Whether the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is incorporated as against the States by the Fourteenth Amendment's Privileges or Immunities or Due Process Clauses.

http://www.abanet.org/publiced/preview/briefs/feb2010.shtml

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

cato wrote:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=307281
The bill was crafted in response to a protest movement, "Open Carry," in which activists wield unloaded guns in public places to publicize opposition to gun-control laws as well as difficulties in obtaining concealed-weapons permits...
Everybody need to stop using the word "protest" - really hurting us.

You are open carrying "in case of confrontation" in your daily life - nothing more.

Palecon

imported post

The article said it was close 41-25. Was this strickly a part line vote. Any R or Ind voting in favor.

Discusting Rat Bas@#$%!

Now to public unsaftey committee of Senate then to misappropriations and malfeasance committee.

Must be done by August 31st. Then to Governor Rino Nutless

-p

Gundude

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Iopencarry wrote:
yes by party line,

it passed by one vote.
So that's it? No more OC for Ca?!
It has to go through the Senate committees and then to the Senate. By then, The 2nd amendment will be incorporated and this bill will be unconstitutional. A big waste of time, as I see it.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

It's not nearly a done deal.
The fact that it only squeaked by by one vote and the growing opposition is going to weigh heavily on the Senate and the Governor.
And then there's the MacDonald case...

merle

imported post

Well, just imagine you get the right to loaded open carry due to the pending SCOTUS rulings. It may well be legal to ONLY open carry a loaded firearm.

So if you get into a "situation" always keep one in the chamber.

NightOwl

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
It's not nearly a done deal.
The fact that it only squeaked by by one vote and the growing opposition is going to weigh heavily on the Senate and the Governor.
And then there's the MacDonald case...

Plus the national trend is in our favor as well. I hope that the recent changes in Arizona, as well as proven facts, weigh in on our behalf and prevent this from going any further.

However, this is CA, and facts have nothing to do with the way this state is run. I expect this to pass in spite of the will of the people. Democrats (politicians at any rate, not the person on the street) have shown that they don't give a damn about what the people want, it's just about what they want.

Cobra469

imported post

Now I am remembering why I left Cali 10 years ago. They pass whatever laws they want to pass so that they can control EVERYTHING. Right or no right Cali treats its residents like it is a privilidge to live in that state. Good thing I suppose is that it is just a short move to AZ. Unfortunately crime doesn't get better with that move but at least its unrestricted (for the most part) carry.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

This is the list of the traitors who voted for AB1934.

These are the tyrants who have voted to make outlaws of law-abiding citizens by deleting the word "bear" from your 2nd Amendment.

These individuals need to be charged and tried for treason! Remind them each and every opportunity you get!

Pass this list onto your state senator along withhow you feel about AB1934 and those who vote to infringe on your right and the rights of your descendants!

This is not a time for politeness. Let them know how passionately you feel about this issue!

Ammiano, Tom (Democrat 13th)

Arambula, Juan (Independent 31st)

Bass, Karen (Democrat 47th)

Beall, Jim Jr. (Democrat 24th)

Block, Marty (Democrat 78th)

Blumenfield, Bob (Democrat 40th)

Bradford, Steven (Democrat 51st)

Brownley, Julia (Democrat 41st)

Buchanan, Joan (Democrat 15th)

Calderon, Charles M. (Democrat 58th)

Carter, Wilmer Amina (Democrat 62nd)

Chesbro, Wesley (Democrat 1st)