• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is there any way to buy a hand gun legally under 21? private dealer maybe?

john118242

imported post

i heard a couple stories of if the dealer is private he can sell to under 21 people but over 18 is that true? my parents arnt agreeing with my choice on buying a handgun soo they wont buy then gift down to me soo i need another way . what if a freind bought a hand gun then sold it to me im technicaly not a minor cause im 18 soo it wont break the law of the whole a person cant sell give or lend a handgun to a minor? right? if you have any ideas or any help at all please tell me . i love to target shoot and it would be awesome not to have to go with some one to the range to shoot all the time . im all for the legal laws

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Dealer: Would loose FFL and be locked up, there is no such thing as 'private' sale
when you have the FFL you cannot sell to someone under 21. The feds won't care
that it was a gun in his family for 250 years, they just want to stop all sales and will
use any excuse to achieve that end.

Parents: Get new ones. Shop around and check under the hood this time. :lol:

If you have dependable transportation to visit your friend in prison for the straw
purchase, and he trusts you to supply cigarettes so his outie stays that way.....
He can't buy the gun with the intent to sell it to you. He can buy a gun, find out
he doesn't like the way it shoots, or his wife tells him to GET RID OF THAT THING NOW!
got me a one that way cheap. then he sells to the first one to show with the cash.

Just look for private sales, mags, internet, "Gun Shows". Takes longer to find
what you want that way, but you don't have much of a choice.
Just remember, even private sellers can refuse to sell to an 18yo.

33 more days and Short Barrel Shotguns are legal in alabama, and they work as
good as a revolver in an urban environment. :celebrate

john118242

imported post

thank u soo much for the asnwer :) the atf couldint even tell me that asnwer . disregard my question in the other page sorry . do u know where i can get how the process is done?

john118242

imported post

awesome . new Hampshire residents get ready for another pro gun responsible open carrier :) i found it hilarious when i asked concord pd patrol officer about handgun laws and i got a simple shrug as in i dont know i call in every time i handle gun situations . no idea how he got his badge great guy and everything but doesn't know the law very good . is there a case that had to do with oc? i know theres famous cases regarding eveyr other thing in law. im in criminal justice so im learning alot

john118242

imported post

ok one more question. you dont have to do a transfer paper if your buying from a freind right or private citizen ?

nhsig220

imported post

john118242 wrote:
ok one more question. you dont have to do a transfer paper if your buying from a freind right or private citizen ?

Just give them the money, take possession of the gun and be on your way. It's as simple as that.

:banghead:

mvpel

imported post

john118242 wrote:
awesome . new Hampshire residents get ready for another pro gun responsible open carrier :) i found it hilarious when i asked concord pd patrol officer about handgun laws and i got a simple shrug as in i dont know i call in every time i handle gun situations . no idea how he got his badge great guy and everything but doesn't know the law very good .
That's why it always makes me shake my head in dismay when people accept legal advice from cops - "if you cooperate, it'll be easier for you," etc.

john118242

imported post

ya its sad hey guys i also found the atf federal laws on what i was looking for

: What record-keeping procedures should be followed when two private individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction? When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping. A private person may sell a firearm to another private individual in his or her State of residence and, similarly, a private individual may buy a firearm from another private person who resides in the same State. It is not necessary under Federal law for a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are “same-State” residents. Of course, the transferor/seller may not knowingly transfer a firearm to someone who falls within any of the categories of prohibited persons contained in the GCA. See 18 U.S.C. §§ 922(g) and (n). However, as stated above, there are no GCA-required records to be completed by either party to the transfer.
There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact State Police units or the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements.
Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer’s State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping. See also Question B3.