• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Raytown Wal-Mart OC problem

sohighlyunlikely

ComSec

How come only ComSec is having issues with officers.

He is an very active in practicing open carry. The more you carry the more likely you are to come across the LEO's who like to enforce opinions, I would say most of the OCers in Missouri don't OC on a daily basis. As a matter of a fact. I'll put a poll up to get a number on it.

Doc

W

Waveceptor

If you don't OC everyday what is the point at all. You cannot pick and choose the days you are going to be a victim and days you are not.

randyj

just an observation....

If you don't OC everyday what is the point at all. You cannot pick and choose the days you are going to be a victim and days you are not.

What difference should it make to you how often people choose to carry...whether OC or CCW? There are myriads of reasons why such decisions would be made on a case by case basis.

cshoff

Some people, such as myself, carry concealed every day, rather than openly carrying. Different strokes for different folks.

It's nice to have choices.

sohighlyunlikely

Freedom

Some people, such as myself, carry concealed every day, rather than openly carrying. Different strokes for different folks.

It's nice to have choices.

+1

I agree, choices are very nice. To me that is part of the American culture. The freedoms to choose, were you live, were you work, the option to carry a means of defending you and your family, to be able to freely speak your mind and so many other freedoms that make this country so great. "God Bless America".

Sorry if off topic
Doc

W

Waveceptor

What difference should it make to you how often people choose to carry...whether OC or CCW? There are myriads of reasons why such decisions would be made on a case by case basis.

Man up and carry a gun all the time. That is how you deter. Don't John Wayne it and just play cowboy.

Marc

Waveceptor, i'm gonna say that maybe u aren't understanding the posts clearly. Most of us here do carry everyday, but there are specific reasons that some of us only OC every now and then. I have my 40 cal with me at all times but that don't mean that everyone is gonna know i have it. I don't have the time or patience to deal with the morons in walmart to try and teach them a little about the laws so i keep it concealed there as well as when i'm at work and other places. Nobody here is playing cowboy, but most of us are trying to get our rights recognized without trying to fight with the cops (which in this town u will not win fighting a cop) unless u have lots of free time for court dates and a lawyer at ur beck and call. I choose to hide my gun every time i go to the gas station just becuz of the neighborhood the station is in. If the people in that area decide they want another gun they would shoot me before i knew they pulled a gun. Just saying that we all have our reasons for only OC'ing part time. We don't play cowboy every now and then we just play safe all the time

randyj

Again..

Man up and carry a gun all the time. That is how you deter. Don't John Wayne it and just play cowboy.

Again...you seem to be having a difficult time understanding the concept that YOU are not privey to all of the various reasons why a person who believes in OC/CCW..would choose on a case by case basis..not to carry. That is their choice to make, and unlike you..who seems to enjoy trying to dictate or otherwise coerce people into doing things or thinking the same way you do, my position is to respect them as the responsible adults they are and respect their decisions as being the appropriate ones for them at that moment in time.

It really is very simple. Respect people.

peterarthur

He is an very active in practicing open carry. The more you carry the more likely you are to come across the LEO's who like to enforce opinions, I would say most of the OCers in Missouri don't OC on a daily basis. As a matter of a fact. I'll put a poll up to get a number on it.

Doc

I OC as a lifestyle. What is the point of OC if you don't do it every day? I don't know when I will need my weapon so it is always with me, even in towns where it is not allowed, it is at least in my car. OCing occasionally sounds almost like doing it a a pastime rather than a necessity. Not sure I understand that :)

peterarthur

I OC as a lifestyle. What is the point of OC if you don't do it every day? I don't know when I will need my weapon so it is always with me, even in towns where it is not allowed, it is at least in my car. OCing occasionally sounds almost like doing it a a pastime rather than a necessity. Not sure I understand that :)

OK let me add: I don't have my CCW yet. If I did , I would conceal when needed and open carry when I thought I should. We each have a right to our own opinions. Isn't that the point? :)

randyj

I understand..

I can understand and overall agree with this sentiment, but the bottom line is we don't know the reasons why someone may opt not to carry on a particular day, so IMO....we're just not in a position to pass judgement on someones level of committment to the cause or their level of wanting to protect themselves or their families.

randyj

Peterarthur...

OK let me add: I don't have my CCW yet. If I did , I would conceal when needed and open carry when I thought I should. We each have a right to our own opinions. Isn't that the point? :)

Absolutely! That is indeed the point! Where folks kinda get their hides chapped is when it appears evident that someone feels their opinion should be taken as the absolute gospel, end of story..game..set..match.

That is not to say that I do not appreciate someone else's passion for their particular position...because I do, but it's all about how that passion opinion is presented. Respect for other's opinions should reign supreme. Which by the way...from what comments I've read from you...you seem to always remain respectful of others...which I appreciate.

peterarthur

Absolutely! That is indeed the point! Where folks kinda get their hides chapped is when it appears evident that someone feels their opinion should be taken as the absolute gospel, end of story..game..set..match.

That is not to say that I do not appreciate someone else's passion for their particular position...because I do, but it's all about how that passion opinion is presented. Respect for other's opinions should reign supreme. Which by the way...from what comments I've read from you...you seem to always remain respectful of others...which I appreciate.

Yes, I do respect all personal opinions regarding what people wish to do. I am even willing to protect others too weak (scared?) to defend themselves. That is what some men do and not all men have the ability to do this. i am a true libertarian. No laws regarding personal life choices that affect no one else should exist.

And I do not condemn anyone who wishes to conceal only or not carry at all. I just don't understand it :) But I have your back anyway ;)

This touches on one of my personal pet peeves. So called "religious types" who believe in a draft. No one should ever carry a weapon unless they have a strong personal conviction that it is necessary, not for defense or to go to war. The idea of the draft directly contradicts plain obvious Bible anecdote -- Gideon's army. Not to start a religious debate, sorry, but how does it make sense to force someone to carry arms if they are afraid to do so? Some men need to stay back with the families.

Ok, tangent departure ended. Thanks for noticing, Randy :)

heresyourdipstickjimmy

after I got out of the OC meeting at Ihop in Ind. I ran to Raytown to get some cash and stopped at the new walmart on my way home to get milk, and working security was a Raytown police officer. I got the milk and as I walked out the doors he was waiting for me just out side the door, he was in between the in and out doors facing the exit door waiting for me so I crossed into the entrence to exit "since my car was on that side" and he stopped me and gave me the "why are you carrying that" talk and told me the manager asked him to ask me to leave, I said its not posted but im leaving, he said no im detained, I said why and he started to say I was on private property and I was asked to leave, and he had to record my info for the record I declide as he asked for my ID.

I said NO I do not have a DL ( I had my DOD) but thats not the point.) So he went on saying I was driving with out a DL and im not driving yet, after I got that he was going to be a pain I shut up and walked away asking only if I was free to go. HE stated yes and he is going to call a car to pull me over. At this point im just laughing at the guy, and hes like you think this is funny, yea. I told him nicely to look at the OC laws and he just said "im a officer you dont think I know the law" me "no" I just had him so heated at the end, when I got into my car he said " OK your operating a MV give me your DL" I gave it AFTER I got his info.

I did bug him about who he is working for the city or walmart. he said he works for walmart but he is still a LEO I just said not when WM is paying the bill, you work for them and not the city. I asked for his supervisor and he said I could remove my weapon and go back inside and talk to the manager LOL i get it.

as he told me to leave the car he called pulled right up to my bumper and blocked me and he is yelling at me to leave, I told him I cant with YOU blocking me, he stated he felt threatened I was standing there, I said me to now move your car so I can leave and they did and I left

He told me it would have been easy if I would have just submitted.....

He broke my rule, if you come to me in a respectful manor I will do the same

I'm not familiar with Raymore. Is it safe to assume it's in Missouri?

If it is, PM me the info on the WM and the manager's name...I'm building a database with store addresses and manager names to send to corporate (it's happened in Spfld recently again too). You need to call WM corporate and file an official complaint. WM does not have a policy against carry in their stores. It's been challenged here in Springfield and they don't want the publicity or the possibility of losing their FFL.

Remember, if YOU cannot carry, then WM cannot allow ANY customer to handle a firearm at the gun counter and cannot transfer ANY firearm to ANY customer within the confines of the store. If they do, they're violating their own decision to deny your carry and discriminating against you for exercising 2A, thus you then file a complaint to the BATFE and the MOAG office to help get the point across.

Of course, this all depends on if Raymore doesn't have some municipal ordinance against OC.

Last edited:

peterarthur

I'm not familiar with Raymore. Is it safe to assume it's in Missouri?

If it is, PM me the info on the WM and the manager's name...I'm building a database with store addresses and manager names to send to corporate (it's happened in Spfld recently again too). You need to call WM corporate and file an official complaint. WM does not have a policy against carry in their stores. It's been challenged here in Springfield and they don't want the publicity or the possibility of losing their FFL.

Remember, if YOU cannot carry, then WM cannot allow ANY customer to handle a firearm at the gun counter and cannot transfer ANY firearm to ANY customer within the confines of the store. If they do, they're violating their own decision to deny your carry and discriminating against you for exercising 2A, thus you then file a complaint to the BATFE and the MOAG office to help get the point across.

Of course, this all depends on if Raymore doesn't have some municipal ordinance against OC.

This should be old news now I think :)
He said Raytown and it IS legal. That is the same Walmart that I had trouble with but with a deputy. I have seen a big city cop there on occasion but he has not bothered me yet. I think the cops think I am a cop so most don't bother me. I dress like a detective for work and my head is shaved bald but I have a goatee so I am not sure why they would assume I was a cop. But they ALWAYS ask in every encounter. After I say no, the attitude comes out... lol. This Walmart in Raytown should not be having any more trouble. They posted the policy in the break room and trained the employees and "security" people. If you have any more trouble, let us know. I go in there 3 or 4 times a week for odds and ends and no trouble since the email I got from corporate was posted in the break area.

Last edited:

heresyourdipstickjimmy

This should be old news now I think :)
He said Raytown and it IS legal. That is the same Walmart that I had trouble with but with a deputy. I have seen a big city cop there on occasion but he has not bothered me yet. I think the cops think I am a cop so most don't bother me. I dress like a detective for work and my head is shaved bald but I have a goatee so I am not sure why they would assume I was a cop. But they ALWAYS ask in every encounter. After I say no, the attitude comes out... lol. This Walmart in Raytown should not be having any more trouble. They posted the policy in the break room and trained the employees and "security" people. If you have any more trouble, let us know. I go in there 3 or 4 times a week for odds and ends and no trouble since the email I got from corporate was posted in the break area.

Thanks. You both need to file complaints with WM corporate. Start carrying a recording device if you go back.

peterarthur

Thanks. You both need to file complaints with WM corporate. Start carrying a recording device if you go back.

Got mad-dogged today. A KCMO police officer walked up to my register at Walmart and stared at me for 30 seconds.... I stared back until he left :) He got on his radio as he left. The little black girl behind the register said, "Ooooooooooo he gonna get you when you walk out." I laughed and asked why. "She smiled and said, "You know why. Me, I'm waiting to get my CCW so I don't have to put up with that s***." I said, "That's ok, but some of us need to stand up for our rights. I don't mind the hassle too much." And I thanked her and left. But when I left, no sign of the short, fat, bald guy in blue. To tell the truth, he was more funny than intimidating... lol... but apparently he knows the rule there. Still, I am going to let corporate know that officers are TRYING intimidation tactics now... hehe...

heresyourdipstickjimmy

I just finished a NRA instructor course this weekend and someone made a comment on the instructor's statement "Why would I want someone to know I'm carrying?"

The comment made was "Surprise, I'm carrying and now you've got lead headed your way! Oops...too late."
Just have to love logic like that. There's nothing like the look on some BG's face when a firearm gets pulled on them and they nearly have a full bowel evacuation as a result. It really does ruin their day.

So back to the OP.

Where do you and the other individual stand on the issue at this point? Have you contacted WM corporate?

Last edited:

peterarthur

I just finished a NRA instructor course this weekend and someone made a comment on the instructor's statement "Why would I want someone to know I'm carrying?"

The comment made was "Surprise, I'm carrying and now you've got lead headed your way! Oops...too late."
Just have to love logic like that. There's nothing like the look on some BG's face when a firearm gets pulled on them and they nearly have a full bowel evacuation as a result. It really does ruin their day.

So back to the OP.

Where do you and the other individual stand on the issue at this point? Have you contacted WM corporate?

I don't know about ComSec's status (OP) but I sent out an email the night I was mad-dogged... no response yet. I did not really indicate the need for one. It was an FYI type of communication...

I already KNOW the corporate policy. I have a copy in my wallet and it is hanging in the employee break area for all to see and they had a training session for the employees according to a girl who works the door :) She is gun shopping this weekend after she gets paid!! :) YES, I told her to get lots of training....

Last edited:

wrightme

Sounds like a reason to contact the LE's superiors.

Got mad-dogged today. A KCMO police officer walked up to my register at Walmart and stared at me for 30 seconds.... I stared back until he left :) He got on his radio as he left. The little black girl behind the register said, "Ooooooooooo he gonna get you when you walk out." I laughed and asked why. "She smiled and said, "You know why. Me, I'm waiting to get my CCW so I don't have to put up with that s***." I said, "That's ok, but some of us need to stand up for our rights. I don't mind the hassle too much." And I thanked her and left. But when I left, no sign of the short, fat, bald guy in blue. To tell the truth, he was more funny than intimidating... lol... but apparently he knows the rule there. Still, I am going to let corporate know that officers are TRYING intimidation tactics now... hehe...