• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Open Carry forum hosted by the Commonwealth Club

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=307380

https://tickets.commonwealthclub.org/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=171&shcode=1850

Guns in Public: Exploring California's Open Carry Policy

Lori Saldana, California State Assembly Member; Author AB1934
Karen Arntzen, California Chapter Services Coordinator, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
Yih-Chau Chang, Press Secretary, Responsible Citizens of California
Adnan Shahab, Republican candidate for State Assembly; Open carry advocate
Josh Richman, Politics and Legal Affairs Reporter, Oakland Tribune and Bay Area News Group - Moderator

Open carry policies around the country are being ardently tested and fiercely debated. Contra Costa County has become a hotbed for this controversy, hosting some of the most active open carry movements locally. Open carry groups have been congregating at different locations to demonstrate their right to carry unloaded, unconcealed fire arms in public. Others have come out en masse to protest this right. There is now even a proposed bill, AB 1934, that would make it a misdemeanor to openly carry an unloaded handgun in specified public areas. As the state struggles with what's right - constitutionally and morally - we take a close look at this controversy from different sides.

Location: Lafayette Veterans Memorial Hall, 3780 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette
Time: 5:30 p.m. check-in, 6:30 p.m. program
Cost:
$12 members, $22 non-members, $7 students (with valid ID)

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/44428.html

It's already stickied at the top of the forum. I tend to miss such things, since there's so friggin many stickies here that my eyes glaze over and I just skip past, but it's there.
I almost miss the days when we had no stickies at all...

Would it be asking too much to have less stickies? Maybe just sticky the newbie thread, just one thread about current legislation, and one thread for current news?

Pretty ridiculous when half of page one threads are stickies...