• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB1934 Bay Area news story 6-1-10 11pm ABC 7

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

Check out ABC 7 News in San Francisco tonight at 11pm. They may have done a segment in their 8pm broadcast as well?

I hope I did us justice on camera again. We'll see how it gets edited and if they show the Open Carry "side" of the issue before or after the Brady Bunch gets their usual 90% of the air time.....

Discussing the Assembly passage of AB1934 today in Sac-o-tomatos.

(PS, Lisa Amin-Galisian is pretty tall.. Maybe it's the heels? ;))

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool:

NightOwl

imported post

Saw that on the news. Things aren't looking good. The rest of the nation progresses, and CA insists on regressing. It's a real shame.

coolusername2007

imported post

I like how this news hit piece starts out...open carriers are feeling threatened. I don't feel threatened by AB1934. This bill won't mean a hill of beans after SCOTUS rules on McDonald and incorporates the 2nd.

Hopefully the state senate can see the writing on the wall. Not holding my breath. I would be surprised if AB1934 fails to pass.

ETA:I always find it amusing how the Brady bunch of anti-liberty marxists always comes out with their "we don't know who these people are" bit. They believe only the "enlightened" people can be trusted, all others need to be controlled. But they are just looking out for you and me. Yeah right. Leave things to this group and before you know it we'll be living in the most dominating, infringing police state ever known in the US. Oh wait...we already are.

Gundude

imported post

I found this on calguns.net. It seems someone joined the Brady bunch and is getting their e-mails. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=307628

Dear hill billy,

Sometime this month, the U.S. Supreme Court will issue its decision in McDonald v. Chicago — and indicate whether the right to have a gun in the home for self-defense as found in the Heller case applies to the states.

We think the Court will rule that it does, and we have to be ready.

The gun lobby wasted no time after the Supreme Court’s decision in Heller. Within minutes after the District of Columbia lost its case, the gun lobby filed a suit challenging Chicago's gun law.

You can bet the gun lobby will be filing new cases within minutes once the decision is announced.

Donate now to defend your community's gun laws with a tax-deductible contribution to the
Brady Gun Law Defense Fund.

Since the gun lobby's post-Heller assault on community gun laws, the Brady Center has helped successfully defend gun laws in California, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Georgia, and Washington, DC — all thanks to your support.

We will not stop our defense of common sense gun laws to protect you and your community.

Please make a tax-deductible contribution to help us fight to defend your gun laws.

After the Heller decision, NRA boss Wayne LaPierre announced that "This decision is just the opening salvo" and threatened to challenge other gun laws restricting easy access by anyone to any gun.

We will not let the gun lobby prevail. We will use every legal argument — and our years of experience in the courts — to keep dangerous people from getting guns.

Please donate now to the Brady Gun Law Defense Fund.

Thank you for your support.

Paul Helmke [photo] Sincerely,
Paul Helmke [signature]
Paul Helmke, President
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Livermoron

imported post

Thanks to Iopencarry for posting the video link :).

Keep those emails and calls rolling into your CA Senators and the Governors office to oppose this non-sence bill.

Carry On!

Livermoron :cool: