Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA and GOA

Banned

Post imported post

whats better to join who does the most for gun rights?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

That depends on the measure of 'most'. The NRA sells the most indulgences from the sin of carrying a gun, and buys the most lobbyists. You must calculate the cost/benefit ratio for yourself.

The question here is just red meat.

Post imported post

NRA doesn't support open carry.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

GOA stood by Melanie Hain (RIP)and her thrashing of Helmke and other anti's in a good interview.

GOA supports not be infringed idea of the 2A, NRA helps write gun bills that restricts our rights.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

The NRA (with the help of John Wayne and Charleton Heston) drafted and pushed through the NFA.

The fact of the matter is that the NRA has some of the same Non Governmental Organization and "Foundation" sponsors that Brady had. Just like Congress, the "big guns" arena of the gun debate is a slice of baloney--sure there are "two sides", but they're both REALLY part of the same big, rotten slice...

However, the NRA does have a LOT more money to throw at the problem, and with the proper "guidance" from it's members becoming openly and publicly vocal, and if members would start publicly shaming the NRA for it's propensity to sell out, roll over, and compromise to it's financial puppet masters, we might be able to steer them in a more Constitutionally-supportive position.

GOA does good work, but the fact is they are more of a "local" organization, and don't have much pull on the National level.

Both serve a purpose. We (as members) jut need to be vigilant, and keep them on track.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Banned

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    :what:

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    :what:
    Nor where they supportive of Arizona's Constitutional Carry... that is until they realized that it was popularly supported and going to pass and then they tried to steal the light from AZCDL.

Banned

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:

Nor where they supportive of Arizona's Constitutional Carry... that is until they realized that it was popularly supported and going to pass and then they tried to steal the light from AZCDL.

Just as theydid with McDonald v. Chicago. The NRA is out for publicity.

Post imported post

And didn't they do it with Heller as well?

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    And didn't they do it with Heller as well?
    Yes they did, their excise was that they did not want to support the case because it "could " go the other way. They only started to support it when it started to go gun owners corner. The NRA has gotten way to big, GOA is a smaller group, but they truly fight for gun owners. I was a life member of the NRA but I now fully support the GOA. GOA - The ONLY no-compromise 2nd Amendment group out there! NRA is too busy playing footsie with the PTB to line their own pockets for my taste. Any time you compromise, you LOSE something. The GOA and Ron Paul get my money! Simple the nra is like the 2 yr old that wont stop whining but will sell you out in a heartbeat if they think they will get some candy.

Wake up NRA members http://www.nrawol.net/ I was a life member and did not relies the NRA has been a sleep for so long.I was given this link by a friend who was a member of the NRA and after reading the following facts on what the NRA has been doing I left as well. http://www.nrawol.net/NRA_Lifers.html
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    Yes they did, their excise was that they did not want to support the case because it "could " go the other way.

This is when the support is needed most. If a court decision could go in a direction which in unfavorable an NRA attorney or public outcry couldturn it the right direction. This shows that the NRA is only interested in positive publicity for winning not negative which may result if they lost a case.

Post imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
    zack991 wrote:
    Yes they did, their excise was that they did not want to support the case because it "could " go the other way.

This is when the support is needed most. If a court decision could go in a direction which in unfavorable an NRA attorney or public outcry couldturn it the right direction. This shows that the NRA is only interested in positive publicity for winning not negative which may result if they lost a case.
    I don't think you've mentioned, but have any firearm group(s) come to you with offers of legal/financial assistance for your numerous law suits against police agencies and the State of Tennessee?
    Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

Post imported post

I know the NRA is far from perfect, but they seem to be the only ones in DC helping stop some of these gun controll bills. I would rather have an imperfect NRA than another org with no political pull.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Post imported post

NRA supports a lot of gun control...

Differing schools of thought place the reasoning on making concessions with other lobby's to get more important legislation through...

Or you could look at it as being in their best interests... if the NRA does away with all anti-gun legislation then we won't need the NRA anymore and they will work themselves out of existence.

By maintaining some level of gun control they ensure a future for themselves.

Post imported post

GOA keeps sticking its nose into non-gun issues with the flimsiest of justifications.

My own experiences with NRA sometimes make me think it stands for National Republican Association, and I hate the games that they play to build membership -->But of the two, gotta admit that NRA is the more effective.

Post imported post

By far...

They were described on Capitol Hill as the "4000 lb gorilla" and that was last year with only 4 million members! They definitely have a strong lobby.

I wonder how much they could save each year... and thus put towards their causes... if they stopped sending out all of the bloody junk mail!

Post imported post

daddy4count wrote:
    By far...

They were described on Capitol Hill as the "4000 lb gorilla" and that was last year with only 4 million members! They definitely have a strong lobby.

I wonder how much they could save each year... and thus put towards their causes... if they stopped sending out all of the bloody junk mail!
    Now that's the truth!!
    Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:
    GOA keeps sticking its nose into non-gun issues with the flimsiest of justifications.

My own experiences with NRA sometimes make me think it stands for National Republican Association, and I hate the games that they play to build membership -->But of the two, gotta admit that NRA is the more effective.
    I was all set to say HOLY CRAP, I AGREE WITH THE DONKEY until I got to the last phrase.

I don't admit anything of the sort.

GOA does get its nose put wherever Larry Pratt wants to put it, and will find a way to link it to guns if it kills him.

NRA (Negotiating Rights Away, I've heard it called) is a publicity hound which has more in common with the Brady Bunch than with most gun owners (i.e. its two highest priorities are self-promotion and begging for money).

NRA won't let you vote unless you've been a member for five consecutive years (or are a life member -- more $$ in their pocket) ... and if your membership lapses, you start over. GOA doesn't have voting at all, as near as I can tell.

NRA is the one the congresscritters are afraid of, though. I personally believe it's simply because of money, but then that's oxygen to congresscritters.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

If you're looking to donate in support of gun rights, I'd suggest both Calguns (calgunsfoundation.org) and the Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org). Both do a lot for gun rights and gun owners, the NRA just sells our rights away piecemeal and tries to claim glory from the work others do.

The NRA will never get another dollar out of me.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I think NRA really stands for Negotiate Rights Away; I put my money into GOA as its a better value over all. To me it seems that GOA if actually for the citizen carrier while NRA is for the government gun carrier.

Didn't see that Tess beat me to the punch line....

Banned

Post imported post

nra is offering a free hat

Post imported post

NRA = National Rifle Association. Says nothing about pistols.. What do you think? No offense but if a gun owner joined the NRA and literally only hunted- with his other NRA buddies.. never carried a pistol.. Doesn't need a concealed permit..

There are TONS of members just like that. There are those that don't give two cents about open carrying pistols or even what it means to concealed carry. There are those that simply want to hunt dear once or twice a year with their favorite thirty-o-six and keep it at that. The NRA is great for them.

Open Carry Pistol advocates need a full fledged 110% no compromise Balls First approach. That's not the NRA.

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    If you're looking to donate in support of gun rights, I'd suggest both Calguns (calgunsfoundation.org) and the Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org). Both do a lot for gun rights and gun owners, the NRA just sells our rights away piecemeal and tries to claim glory from the work others do.

The NRA will never get another dollar out of me.
    Not to be a jerk, but what exactly has Calguns done for the citizens of Cali?

You can't have "assault weapons", OC is about to be banned, Your not a shall issue state, you can't even buy ammo regularly like everywhere else, .50 cal ban, registration, smart gun technology bill passed, ect..

If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
    Not to be a jerk, but what exactly has Calguns done for the citizens of Cali?

You can't have "assault weapons", OC is about to be banned, Your not a shall issue state, you can't even buy ammo regularly like everywhere else, .50 cal ban, registration, smart gun technology bill passed, ect..
    Not to be a jerk, but what exactly has NRA done for the citizens of Cali?

Or have Californians run the NRA out of the state?

The NRA accepts all credit however unjustified and rejects all opprobrium however justified.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA ******* ******* the Obamanation

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Not to be a jerk, but what exactly has NRA done for the citizens of Cali?
    Or, for that matter, for the state of New York? The NRA instructor from whom I took the required class told me that during an event of some sort (probably a Friends of the NRA banquet), he asked an NRA rep about what they're doing to help push back against the silly, onerous gun laws we've been yoked to for years.

"Nothing, really" the rep replied, and utterly dismissed the man's counter-riposte
    that their local chapter of "friends" has helped the NRA gain hundreds of new members and thousands of dollars in fundraising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast