• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA and GOA

cscitney87

imported post

NRA = National Rifle Association. Says nothing about pistols.. What do you think? No offense but if a gun owner joined the NRA and literally only hunted- with his other NRA buddies.. never carried a pistol.. Doesn't need a concealed permit..

There are TONS of members just like that. There are those that don't give two cents about open carrying pistols or even what it means to concealed carry. There are those that simply want to hunt dear once or twice a year with their favorite thirty-o-six and keep it at that. The NRA is great for them.

Open Carry Pistol advocates need a full fledged 110% no compromise Balls First approach. That's not the NRA.

detroit_fan

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
If you're looking to donate in support of gun rights, I'd suggest both Calguns (calgunsfoundation.org) and the Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org). Both do a lot for gun rights and gun owners, the NRA just sells our rights away piecemeal and tries to claim glory from the work others do.

The NRA will never get another dollar out of me.

Not to be a jerk, but what exactly has Calguns done for the citizens of Cali?

You can't have "assault weapons", OC is about to be banned, Your not a shall issue state, you can't even buy ammo regularly like everywhere else, .50 cal ban, registration, smart gun technology bill passed, ect..

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

detroit_fan wrote:

You can't have "assault weapons", OC is about to be banned, Your not a shall issue state, you can't even buy ammo regularly like everywhere else, .50 cal ban, registration, smart gun technology bill passed, ect..
Not to be a jerk, but what exactly has NRA done for the citizens of Cali?

Or have Californians run the NRA out of the state?

The NRA accepts all credit however unjustified and rejects all opprobrium however justified.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamanation

Overtaxed

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

Or, for that matter, for the state of New York? The NRA instructor from whom I took the required class told me that during an event of some sort (probably a Friends of the NRA banquet), he asked an NRA rep about what they're doing to help push back against the silly, onerous gun laws we've been yoked to for years.

"Nothing, really" the rep replied, and utterly dismissed the man's counter-riposte
that their local chapter of "friends" has helped the NRA gain hundreds of new members and thousands of dollars in fundraising.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The best thing the NRA could do for the gun owners in NY and CA is send them UHaul trucks and help them find jobs in non-marxist states. The fact that there are any guns left in private law abiding hands at all shows there must still be some political weight there. These are the 2 worst states, for ever issue, let alone the guns.

While I'm not happy about the compromises the NRA has made I'm still a life member and a life member of the GOA. I'm not happy at all about the compromises the right has made with the left, but there is no where else to go. I make my voice heard as best I can by contacting those who represent me every now and then.

detroit_fan

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
detroit_fan wrote:

Or have Californians run the NRA out of the state?

The NRA accepts all credit however unjustified and rejects all opprobrium however justified.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamanation
I agree, wasn't trying tosay the NRA has done anything in CA, but they have helped somewhatnationally. Like I said I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I wasgenuinely curiouswhat calguns hasdone for the people of CA?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
I know the NRA is far from perfect, but they seem to be the only ones in DC helping stop some of these gun controll bills. I would rather have an imperfect NRA than another org with no political pull.
Considering that you wrote this, maybe a new thread in the California sub-forum would be better than forking this one.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

me812 wrote:
The NRA is endorsing John McCain for senate. The GOA is endorsing J.D. Hayworth. Draw your own conclusions.
Isn't GOA endorsing their candidate on more than gun rights?

This is a case where neither candidate should get an endorsement, IMHO.

But then, I don't live in Arizona.