• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri mom uses gun to stop attempted rape of daughter

zekester

imported post

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/86C2C70D9FF325658625773600531694?OpenDocument

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- A Cape Girardeau mother with a gun is being credited
with stopping the attempted rape of her daughter.

The Southeast Missourian reports that 51-year-old Craig Kizer faces a variety
of charges, including attempted rape, armed criminal action and burglary. He
has no known address and did not have an attorney.

Police say Kizer had been working on the family's home as part of a renovation
project, but was not staying there. The teen was in bed around 5:30 a.m. Sunday
when Kizer came into her room with a knife and climbed on top of her.

When he set the knife down on the bed, the teen grabbed it and screamed.

The girl's mother came into the room with a gun, pointed it at the suspect and
ordered him out of the house. Police later arrested him.

MK

imported post

The only thing I can think of is that either the gun wasn't in a condition to fire or that this man was confronted with one of the rarest forms of compassion when committing a horrible offense.

zekester

imported post

I know that if it were me...and yes I know to shoot at the MASS.....someone would have lost his nuts on this one!!

YuppieDog

imported post

It would go like this at my house"click bang, click bang, click bang - stop - click bang" I know all you arm chair lawyers - who cite this law and that one,will find fault with this method.

nrepuyan

imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
It would go like this at my house "click bang, click bang, click bang - stop - click bang"  I know all you arm chair lawyers - who cite this law and that one, will find fault with this method. 

yuppie...nope you'd be ok...cause you're supposed to shoot to stop the threat...the last shot was because he started moving [twitching] so the threat there-in hadn't stopped yet. :dude: