• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leavenworth seems just fine for OC.

Bobarino

imported post

My girlfriend and i went camping over the holiday weekend just outside of Leavenworth. I OC'd just about the whole time at the campground, in town, at the Safeway, on the hiking trail to Icicle Ridge (brutal hike!) and only one person said anything and it was a local at the Safeway that just said to his buddy "look, he's strapped." And that was it. I was half expecting to run into some soccer mom from Bellevue or something that would make a fuss but I doubt more than a few people even noticed. So, if you're headed to Leavenworth any time soon, carry on :)

Bobby

amzbrady

imported post

I would have expected someone at the campground would have said something, unless it is a state campground. Good to not hear any bad experiences.

Bobarino

imported post

We camped at Swauk Creek. It's within the Wenatchee Nat'l Forest and plenty of people walked by our campsite and there was nothing but friendly waves. Even the granola type folks on the trail just smiled and said hi. I was pretty surprised frankly. Pleasantly though...

Bobby

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
Seems like once you get past Stevens pass or on the other side of the state is far less liberal. At least it does to me.

True that. I grew up in Richland and it seemed easy going.I lived on Birch st. near the airport.We would have BB gun wars at Jason Lee elementary on weekends.When I was 9 I could start up my YZ80 motorcycleat my house and ride it out to west Richland on the road with my brothers. When we would see a cop only a wave hello was ever exchanged, in passing. The Chief of police was my neighbor though. We would go shooting magpie at the Yakima river and shoot Jack rabbit atRichland air port. And yes the loaded 22 rifle was over our shoulder when we were on our dirt bikes. This was the 70's and early 80's. Only now as I recall this do I really appreciate how cool that was. A minor open carrying a loaded rifle on a motorcycle on public roads.:shock:To be young again.

I now live on the wet side of the state. Californians have driven the price of housing up over here and brought their liberal attitude.

phoneguy

imported post

It was 2 years ago I was in Leavenworth. A guy from Oz Land came up to me and said" Yank I like your Glock" He asked if he can take my picture? I said OK and he also handed his camera to a person to take his picture with the American with the gun.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

phone guy wrote:
It was 2 years ago I was in Leavenworth. A guy from Oz Land came up to me and said" Yank I like your Glock" He asked if he can take my picture? I said OK and he also handed his camera to a person to take his picture with the American with the gun.

That's priceless!

killchain

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
Seems like once you get past Stevens pass or on the other side of the state is far less liberal. At least it does to me.
I keep telling all of you this. :)

Once you get over the passes, it's a much better climate for gun rights.

killchain

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Except in Prosser.

MD
Yeah, funny you mention that. I looked into that...turns out I have a good friend who worked in that McDonald's that day. He was crew on loan from a Richland McD's.

That guy deserved what he got.

He came in as nice as could be, and when the manager asked him to take his handgun outside he started getting really defensive, shouting about his "second amendment rights being denied" and he gripped his handgun three seperate times AND REFUSED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES. So he got criminally trespassed and was arrested.

I'm pro-open carry. But I am also completely against someone on three seperate occasions "warranting alarm" by gripping his pistol and shouting at employees over a cheeseburger date.

killchain

imported post

killchain wrote:
Machoduck wrote:
Except in Prosser.

MD
Yeah, funny you mention that. I looked into that...turns out I have a good friend who worked in that McDonald's that day. He was crew on loan from a Richland McD's.

That guy deserved what he got.

He came in as nice as could be, and when the manager asked him to take his handgun outside he started getting really defensive, shouting about his "second amendment rights being denied" and he gripped his handgun three seperate times AND REFUSED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES. So he got criminally trespassed and was arrested.

I'm pro-open carry. But I am also completely against someone on three seperate occasions "warranting alarm" by gripping his pistol and shouting at employees over a cheeseburger date.
And the TCH article for the curious:

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2010/02/21/910419/unconcealed-gun-causes-stir-in.html

From my friend's stand point, and to clarify part of what the article states, he has told me that the request to leave had been given while the OCer was using the restroom. After he refused, he then moved to the front counter and was then shouting and gripping.

younggun20

imported post

I was recently up in Washington on a road trip and stopped at Leavenworth OC of coarse. Had absolutely no problems while we were there. Went into every store and spent a considerable amount of time in each as tourists..

Seen this guy and I couldn't help but take a picture.. He has his hand really deep in his pocket.
l_a40bfd32d5f94e47b8cd95b619412ae7.jpg