• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Experience with Great Meadow and 4th of July?

happybucklander

imported post

I'm a recent OC "convert" - still have to CC sometimes to keep the peace at home, as the wife thinks I'm just being obnoxious, etc. I was planning to OC on the 4th of July when we always attend the even at Great Meadow out in Marshall, VA. I just wondered if anyone had any experience there. It is private property as far as I can tell, but they offer no guidance at http://www.greatmeadow.org/. I've thought of giving them a jingle, but they say to not ask any question that you might not the answer for.

Marco

imported post

Glad to see you posting.:D

Don't ask, it will force someones hand to find an answer, we probably won't benefit from it.

If you do go and want toOC do sowhileleaving the event, I have done this a few place and have yet to have a negative incident.

kennys

imported post

This is the only prohibited items they list on their site.

[align=center]NOTICE[/align]
[align=center]Prohibited: Pets, Glass of any kind, Grilling or Cooking of any kind, Fireworks, Solitication, Leafletting[/align]
[align=center]Underage drinking (those under 21 consuming alcohol) will NOT be tolerated.[/align]

happybucklander

imported post

Posting AND open carrying thanks to you!! Yeah, I won't ask. I don't see a prohibition. Looks like you changed your pic there from the cute baby!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Any update from this? Considering going to the VA Scottish Games tomorrow.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Any update from this? Considering going to the VA Scottish Games tomorrow.

According to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ounds-Doswell-Virginia&highlight=meadow+event the entire place is posted, but there has never been any problem with OCing at the gun show there (OK, except for having to unload per the promoter's rules).

Also, I could not find the "guest rules" on the current State Fair site, and there were none I could see for the Celtic Festival either.

My approach would be to go and be prepared to leave if necessary. It ought to take them a while to find you.

stay safe.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
According to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ounds-Doswell-Virginia&highlight=meadow+event the entire place is posted, but there has never been any problem with OCing at the gun show there (OK, except for having to unload per the promoter's rules).

Also, I could not find the "guest rules" on the current State Fair site, and there were none I could see for the Celtic Festival either.

My approach would be to go and be prepared to leave if necessary. It ought to take them a while to find you.

stay safe.

That's the state fairgrounds, skidmark. We're headed to Great Meadows, in Fauquier County. Their site doesn't mention anything, that I could find. My search only turned up this post, with no resolution. $18 to enter and $5 to park (we'll see if they make us pay $5 each for the motorcycles); I don't want to give that much to an unfriendly spot.

Guess I'd better see if my voice recorder is charged, too.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
OOPS! Great Meadows, Meadow Event Park. All the same to poor eyesight late at night. Add to the confusion the letter site hosts the Richmond area Celtic Games as well, so I got perfused and complected.

Hope your day was a pleasant one, and that you avoided ferret legging.

stay safe.