• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reloading .38 S&W

erich_kopp

imported post

Can anybody help with a reloading question My grandfather gave me a .38 S&W officer cadet 1958. last month and I found some ammo at a gun show and it was $60 can I use a .38 special case and trim it, the head space is different and I know I have to trim 10.25 off of it. but the rim(head space)is a little thicker? thanks for the help

jeeper1

imported post

The 38 special case is too small in diameter to safely shoot in a 38 S&W chamber even if it was shortened to the correct length. The cases would probably split upon firing.
You would be better off buying new or once fired cases for reloading.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Ammunition goes in the handgun, handgun goes into holster, holster goes to Albertsons. Yes, this thread is OC-related, IMO.

Batousaii