• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unloaded Open Carry Ban Passed by CA. Assembly

LOERetired

imported post

[url]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=307281[/url]

[url]http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2010/06/assembly-passes-2.html[/url]

June 1, 2010
Assembly passes ban on carrying unloaded handguns in public Legislation to outlaw the carrying of unloaded handguns in public was passed Tuesday by the Assembly.
The measure, Assembly Bill 1934, received the bare-minimum number of votes necessary, passing 41-25, with Republicans opposed.

The bill was crafted in response to a protest movement, "Open Carry," in which activists wield unloaded guns in public places to publicize opposition to gun-control laws as well as difficulties in obtaining concealed-weapons permits...

Don

LOERetired

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Iopencarry wrote:
1st, it must be heard in the Senate rules comm.

2nd, the Senate Saftey comm.

3rd, the full Senate,

4th, sign by Arnold

all before Aug.
It does have a long ways to go to become law, I agree, but ,for it to even get passed by the Assembly at all, is sad.Even worse, to have had the bill even introduced in the first place.

johnny amish

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I guess they will just have to carry "Loaded" handguns then.

"Will not be infringed."
"Will not be infringed" can't be that difficult. The sad part is these are elected officials trying to pass this bs law. Is this what California really wants?