• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No firearms or weapons sign

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

army74 wrote:
The lovely Pontiac City Council has put up no firearms or weapons signs recently does the Pre Emption law   deal with that or do i follow it.I thought it was apublic place just curious. I  guess there still upset with my last showing there.

If the city put it up, Preemption covers it.

maahes

imported post

So if this is a new sign, which is against Michigan law, and the City Council authorized the purchase with public funds, after being informed of the law on record, wouldnt it then be knowingly using tax moneyy for illegal purposes? Or more commonly known as criminal misuse of public funds?

FOIA request may be in order...

PDinDetroit

imported post

army74 wrote:
The lovely Pontiac City Council has put up no firearms or weapons signs recently does the Pre Emption law deal with that or do i follow it.I thought it was apublic place just curious. I guess there still upset with my last showing there.
What building? Address, etc? Are there court or court offices in the building?

Savage.Detroit

imported post

Double checked and the District Court is at another address.
This really ticks me off since we personal showed up and gave them OC information that included info on preemption.

Here is all the contact info I could find on the Mayor and Council.
I think they need to get flooded with e-mails.

Mayor Leon Jukowski
ljukowski@pontiac.mi.us
phone: (248)758-3136
fax: (248) 758-3195

City Council
citycouncil@pontiac.mi.us
Phone: 248-758-3210
Fax: 248-758-3164

Council President Lee A. Jones - District 6
ljones@pontiac.mi.us

Council President Pro Tem Patrice Waterman- District 1
pwaterman@pontiac.mi.us

Councilman George Williams- District 2
gwilliams@pontiac.mi.us

Councilwoman Mary E. Pietila- District 3
mpietila@pontiac.mi.us

Councilman Randy Carter - District 4
rcarter@pontiac.mi.us

Councilman Donald Watkins- District 5
dwatkins@pontiac.mi.us

Councilman Kermit Williams - District 7
kwilliams@pontiac.mi.us

malignity

imported post

I bet one of them are a lurker here..

They realized they were under preemption, and were like "GUYS WE NEED TO TAKE DOWN THOSE SIGNS SO THEY DON'T COME AGAIN!!!"

Good job guys. :)