• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ashland Strawberry Faire - Sat June 5th

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
*&%(*%*%$%#$!

That looked like fun! I am ashamed my "Saturday chores" got in the way.

Of course as humid as it was, they would probably have disarmed me for "safety" because I would have been so damp, they would fear I was getting ready to fall out on the ground.

Nice work folks, and good video Peter. Very interesting reactions.
Should have been with me when I was photographing the Hanover Cop being abducted yesterday.

That was fun...not:X

Virginian683

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Interesting conversation (consensual) with the Chief himself of RMCPD who advised us that RMC was private property - 'nother subject for another time I suggested.

He wanted to know whether my handgun was loaded and whether their was one in the chamber. All I could do to answer him while laughing! "Sure it is - it would be an expensive paper weight otherwise." He said he didn't want to have another Va. Tech type incident there - OK let the good people defend themselves then.

Must have had the entire department on their bicycles watching us for a while...

I know this thread is old, but as a former student at RMC I had to respond.

It looks like from the video you guys were on College Ave. Despite the name, you were 100% correct -- it is a public street, as are ALL of the streets surrounding the college.

By the way RMC's "Campus Safety" (their official title) are not police. In fact, they are not even licensed security, so if one had touched you, you could have had him arrested. 90% of their "job" consists of writing "tickets" (which are legally worthless since they aren't real cops) to students who park in a faculty lot for 5 minutes to unload groceries instead of parking 2 blocks away. In case you didn't notice, they are totally unarmed
. At the same time RMC bans guns (including air and BB), knives and slingshots (yes, really) from anybody else's possession. Just how they intend to stop a "Va Tech type incident" without guns is a question I would loved to have put to the "chief." I suppose he will politely ask the rampaging murderer to leave RMC property. :banghead:

Good to see you weren't intimidated by RMC's jokes with fake badges.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Interesting conversation (consensual) with the Chief himself of RMCPD who advised us that RMC was private property - 'nother subject for another time I suggested.

He wanted to know whether my handgun was loaded and whether their was one in the chamber. All I could do to answer him while laughing! "Sure it is - it would be an expensive paper weight otherwise." He said he didn't want to have another Va. Tech type incident there - OK let the good people defend themselves then.

Must have had the entire department on their bicycles watching us for a while...
I know this thread is old, but as a former student at RMC I had to respond.

It looks like from the video you guys were on College Ave. Despite the name, you were 100% correct -- it is a public street, as are ALL of the streets surrounding the college.

By the way RMC's "Campus Safety" (their official title) are not police. In fact, they are not even licensed security, so if one had touched you, you could have had him arrested. 90% of their "job" consists of writing "tickets" (which are legally worthless since they aren't real cops) to students who park in a faculty lot for 5 minutes to unload groceries instead of parking 2 blocks away. In case you didn't notice, they are totally unarmed
. At the same time RMC bans guns (including air and BB), knives and slingshots (yes, really) from anybody else's possession. Just how they intend to stop a "Va Tech type incident" without guns is a question I would loved to have put to the "chief." I suppose he will politely ask the rampaging murderer to leave RMC property. :banghead:

Good to see you weren't intimidated by RMC's jokes with fake badges.
It was a day full of fun, including listening to the Chief.

He tried to make the point that we couldn't carry on campus - discussion for another day we said. The worst that could have happened was that we would have had to be asked to leave if we had walked onto the campus and if we had not then left, we could have been charged with trespass. We had no plans or desires along those lines that day. I do know very personally two people that CCd at an outdoor graduation on that campus though. :)

A man told me that I could not OC where we were - that it was illegal - believe he was the one that complained to the Chief. When the Chief told us that we had attracted a level of attention, I opined that I guess his officers hadn't taken note of all the people CCing. His reaction was a classic :shock: - you could almost hear his eyes pop.

When will the colleges and universities get it right? It is their policies that enfranchise the violence on their campuses! Their invisible fences are rich with disarmed/helpless people!

Yata hey