• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ashland Strawberry Faire - Sat June 5th

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

An opportunity to walk off breakfast.

Some of you - and you know who you are - need to cancel your Saturday chores/

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

skidmark wrote:

stay safe.
It's supposed to rain anyway:X

I wonder what the market for mud will be this year.:banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.
It's supposed to rain anyway:X

I wonder what the market for mud will be this year.:banghead:
Rain permitted after sunset only. :?

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bmartinxd45 wrote:
And Peter can come by and get his tree out of my yard after the event, considering he will already be in the area
I need that tree!

Grapeshot...what was that phrase you used the other day..."Spare Time"?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
bmartinxd45 wrote:
And Peter can come by and get his tree out of my yard after the event, considering he will already be in the area
I need that tree!

Grapeshot...what was that phrase you used the other day..."Spare Time"?
That is the time between the shutter click and the image being recorded. :p

Yata hey

bmartinxd45

imported post

I can't make the Berry Festival in Ashland, I am taking my boys to the Pinks-All Out Drag Race at Virginia Motorsports Park that day.

Peter, My wife should be at home after 2:00 P.M. if you are indeed interested in getting the tree. It is still there as it is way to big for me to move. Give me a call and we can firm things up. If you lost the number, PM me and I will send it to you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bmartinxd45 wrote:
I can't make the Berry Festival in Ashland, I am taking my boys to the Pinks-All Out Drag Race at Virginia Motorsports Park that day.

Peter, My wife should be at home after 2:00 P.M. if you are indeed interested in getting the tree. It is still there as it is way to big for me to move. Give me a call and we can firm things up. If you lost the number, PM me and I will send it to you.
Will Do!
Things are a little disorganized today. I'm at the farm now inspecting my mud crop.
I expect it will rain soon because the internet keeps going down.:X

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Things I learned at the Strawberry Faire:

1) Retired Ashland Police sergeants (or at least one of them) are good guys. One came up to us to tell us he had been sent to check on a WBOFWAG (Whole Bunch of Folks With a Gun) call but knew as long as we stayed on the street or sidewalk we were OK. He did caution us that Randolph-Macon College cops were also looking at us.Peter Napgot some video & sound of the conversation.

2) There are four (4) phrases that politicians and their flacks use: 1) "a supporter of the Second Amendment" which seems to mean they are not actively campaigning to repeal it; 2) "a friend of the Second Amendment" which seems to mean they will cast a vote that the NRA considers positive, but they are not going to introduce or cosponsor anything until just before the final vote. This can also mean they will vote against a gun-rights positive bill in every preliminary and parliamentary vote except the final one; 3) "I am a friend of gun rights" which seems to mean I will tell anyone who asks me a direct question about gun rights that I will not vote to restrict or reduce them any more than they already are; and 4) "I am opposed to any more gun control" which seems to mean they will not vote for any gun control measure. That of course can include voting "Present" or "Abstain" as well as not being physically present when the roll is called. It certainly does not mean they will do anything to eliminate any existing gun control measure.

Iwas notable to find a politician or any of their flacks (is the plural "flaccum" or is it "flacci"?) who will say they want to eliminate any existing gun control measure.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Interesting conversation (consensual) with the Chief himself of RMCPD who advised us that RMC was private property - 'nother subject for another time I suggested.

He wanted to know whether my handgun was loaded and whether their was one in the chamber. All I could do to answer him while laughing! "Sure it is - it would be an expensive paper weight otherwise." He said he didn't want to have another Va. Tech type incident there - OK let the good people defend themselves then.

Must have had the entire department on their bicycles watching us for a while. They for the most part got tired of our watching them watching us after a bit. Did have several good conversations with 3 other people and gave out VCDL info and OC cards.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Video's uploading now.
Skidmark was on his best behavior...and the cop was behaving but remember, beware of friendly cops. They aren't really:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Video's uploading now.
Skidmark was on his best behavior...and the cop was behaving but remember, beware of friendly cops. They aren't really:lol:
Looking forward to that link.

Only trick that they missed (I think) was photographing us.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Video's uploading now.
Looking forward to that link.

Only trick that they missed (I think) was photographing us.

Yata hey
That's because they were too busy trying to not be photographed:lol:

curtiswr

imported post

Gave my GSL button to a guy that had an empty holster on his belt, after peter informed him of the legality of being able to carry at the Strawberry Faire, and just before he went to his truck to get his gun. Never checked back to make sure if he did. I think he was posted up beyond the invisible boundary on a public street that turned it private anyway, or something like that.

riverrat10k

imported post

*&%(*%*%$%#$!

That looked like fun! I am ashamed my "Saturday chores" got in the way.

Of course as humid as it was, they would probably have disarmed me for "safety" because I would have been so damp, they would fear I was getting ready to fall out on the ground.

Nice work folks, and good video Peter. Very interesting reactions.