• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fun experience buying a new gun

sslade6751

imported post

I just got back from new frontier armory with a friend of mine. was finishing up the paperwork for a new glock 23 with nightsights to keep my glock 19 company when this black kid with baggy pants came in looking at the guns and spending a lot of time looking at the employees and for any security equip more then looking at the guns he was asking if his girl friend could buy the gun for him and they said no she could buy it but if she wanted to give him the gun he would have to have them do a background check or go down to the police station and have them do a background check he was upset about it and left and was standing outside

then two other black kids came in and wanted to buy a 450ish 357 and asked if they could give them $1000 and get the gun with out a background check the employee said no and the kid kept trying to find a price he could get the gun at without a check when the manager said look this is not an appropriate conversation for this store and they should leave they left without any problems but all three of them looked like they had gun bulges in there clothing

the employees the two other customers and I were all armed but my friend was the only one unarmed and said he felt a little nervous about the incident so I told him there is plenty of guns here so you can fix that problem so he bought a 1911 :p

The Big Guy

imported post

It could have been what it seemed to be, but then again, it could have been a sting. You never know.

BG

Terry NLV

imported post

Off topic a bit but I was in that same store today and bought a used Kimber SIS.

These guys appear to be a decent bunch, they are a pleasure to deal with.

sslade6751

imported post

yep I drove from green valley to get to them if i would of known 2 weeks ago they stock crossbreed holsters i would of picked one up instead of ordering one

but i storngly recomend them also if you like glocks and join the GSSF at the store you can get your once a year heavy discount on a new glock on the spot :p

Vegassteve

imported post

Terry NLV wrote:
Off topic a bit but I was in that same store today and bought a used Kimber SIS.

These guys appear to be a decent bunch, they are a pleasure to deal with.
I was in the store today looking at that one I think. Must have been the day for all of us to go. They are great people.

jfrey123

imported post

I might've been tempted to call the police and report the license plate and last known direction after they left. Can't say I've ever seen it in person, but it's not something I would take lightly.

And way to go Guido for doing the right thing!!!! The other fella buying a 1911 immediately following this situation shows that doing the right thing brings rewards!

jpa

imported post

Good for the staff for knowing the law and following it. I don't think I would have let them stay in the store as long as they did, boyfriend AND girlfriend included. As a private business they have the right to tell them to leave for any or NO reason. I might also have reported them to the police as well.

On a side note, did anyone notice if they had any ammo cans in stock? I need to sort my collection a little better, I'll stop in tomorrow if they do.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Well they certainly tricked you friend into buying a gun with their little 'scam'.;)
Can't fault a good sales angle that works. The racist angle draws in so many suckers.:p
Myself I would be hard pressed not to offer to sell my sidearm for that big a markup,
and buy a nice new one inside with lots of bullets. Then have second thoughts and
drop a dime on them to the cops. Win, Win. If he doesn't have a record there is no
problem and you made a good deal. If he is a crook, well you still made a good deal,
and the BG gets a gun charge on him. If under cover fed goons, well you get the
money as you haven't done anything wrong, and their goon is holding the bag for
the money he signed for to use in the sting. He backs out you have identified
a low life snitch, and can post him up on internet for his friends to see.

shotdown

imported post

It's not the first time it's happened. Last time I was in the back and a couple guys came in looking and acting really fishy. Hands in pocket, looking all over the place and asking stupid questions. I was ready to rock.