• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dropleg Tactical Leg Pistol

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I don't see why they wouldn't be in KY, but I don't know the carry laws in KY as well as I should. I used to be of the opinion they were stupid until I realized that most people using them just wanted to avoid a charge of concealed carry. Unless you are wearing a trench coat there is usually nothing concealed about a tactical thigh holster.:lol:

hotrod

imported post

rescue743 wrote:
Wanting to get oppionions and professional advice to see if these types of holsters are legal to use to OC
Perfectly legal, really uncomfortable. Wore one in a previous life from time to time. Uncomfortable when sitting or walking long distance, but, if you like it go for it

neuroblades

imported post

From time to time I use a "drop leg tactical" AKA a thigh holster, as well. I've never had any problems or issues with it from anyone; businesses or LEO. Granted, this will REALLY draw attention to the fact that you are CARRYING A SIDEARM. *LOL* Meaning that if anyone's going to have issues, it will definitely get their attentionFAST! *LOL*

I generally got mine for OC in the winter months so that I could still wear a short jacket. I still wear it from time to time though during the summer. I've never really found it to be uncomfortable as had been mentioned, maybe it's just the design difference. I did find it to be far more comfortable when having to drive as opposed to a strong side hip holster which made it hard to buckle the seatbelt and made it near impossible to access if need be when sitting in the driver's seat.

The drop leg holster on the other hand could still be worn comfortably without hindering the buckling and un-buckling of the seatbelt and because of the holster being relocated lower, it was easier to access if need be while seated.

I hope that this helped you with your query.

Unfettered Might

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
From time to time I use a "drop leg tactical" AKA a thigh holster, as well. I've never had any problems or issues with it from anyone; businesses or LEO. Granted, this will REALLY draw attention to the fact that you are CARRYING A SIDEARM. *LOL* Meaning that if anyone's going to have issues, it will definitely get their attentionFAST! *LOL*

I generally got mine for OC in the winter months so that I could still wear a short jacket. I still wear it from time to time though during the summer. I've never really found it to be uncomfortable as had been mentioned, maybe it's just the design difference. I did find it to be far more comfortable when having to drive as opposed to a strong side hip holster which made it hard to buckle the seatbelt and made it near impossible to access if need be when sitting in the driver's seat.

The drop leg holster on the other hand could still be worn comfortably without hindering the buckling and un-buckling of the seatbelt and because of the holster being relocated lower, it was easier to access if need be while seated.

I hope that this helped you with your query.
+1

I got mine for the exact same reason and can agree with the seatbelt and ease of access bits too. I need a better one though, it just doesn't keep the firearm as rigid as I'd like. Bad design.

neuroblades

imported post

[align=left]Well the rig I got wasn't exactly what i was looking for, I'm still looking for MilSpec. I got one of the UTG drop leg rigs, thought it's for paintball guns, I assume, it does a really great job for my SIG Sauer P229's. It is padded around the leg so the straps don't cut into the leg. Once tighted up, you can run in the rig even. :)[/align]