• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ccw how much

JeepSeller

imported post

You can find all you need here...including an application to download and print or the address to order the packet, which would include the fingerprint card. You'll need a fingerprint card, so, I recommend ordering the packet. It doesn't take them long to get it to you and you ensure you have everything you need.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/application_instructions/Concealed%20Weapon_ApplicationInstructions.pdf

The total cost is $117 which is brokendown asa $75 license fee plus $42 fingerprint card processing fee.

There is an option for using electronic fingerprint processing. that changes the fee structure a little. But,I don't know if you can use the electronic submission out of state or not. A quick phone call to the number listed on the website above would answer that question.

You'll also need some form of proof of basic firearms training. Around here, we can usually find a Concealed Weapons Class for about $60 or so.

Your local PD or Sheriff's office may charge you a few bucks to ink your fingers inked and mash them onto the fingerprint card.
You'll need a passport photo and your application notorized. Tack on a few extra bucks for that and postage. (send in registered/return reciept mail for peace of mind knowing it got there and when)

So, basically, excluding your training requirement costs, you're looking at sending in a check for $117. You'll spend about $15 - $20 for postage, notary and passport photo.

I'd say you're looking at a ballpark of $140 plus any concealed weapons class you need to take. If you can take classes in your state that meed Florida's requirements for the same thing as us, around $60, then, you're looking at a $200 budget to get your Florida CWFL (Concealed Weapons and Firearms License)

There is, technically, no such thing as a Non-Resident license. Florida issues the same exact license to you as it did to me. Nothing on the license itself will identify it as a non resident licenes. In fact, Florida no longer even puts your address on it.

For the purpose of recipricocity in other states by honoring or not honoring what they would call a non resident Florida license...it's your actual residency that determines non resident status, and not the CWFL itself.

JeepSeller

imported post

To answer the other part of your question...printing is not illegal in Florida. To be concealed it must simply be out of ordinary sight.

A lot of people worry too much about it. So long as you're not trying to conceal under a spandex shirt allowing folks to not only see you're carrying a gun but, tell it's make, model and serial number, you're fine.A good solid holster,gun belt and a comfyslightly oversized cotton shirtoften does just fine. I, occasionalyweara long cotton button-down unbuttoned with the cotton t-shirt tucked in.Yea, they're usually a Hawain styleshirt. But, they're suprisinglycomfyin Florida's heat. Seriously, very comfortable to be blunt. More comfortable than just the t-shirt. Something about layering cotton that has a cooling effect, don't ask me to explain the science, I just know it works. Folks have been layering cotten in the deserts for centuries....there must be something to it.

Obviously, you want to avoid printing as much as possible, but, it's really not a big issue. Very few people notice, and the few that do, often dismiss that "bump" under your shirt as a cellphone, PDA, etc. Folks live in their own little world these days. Honestly, you could probably carry a bazooka under your shirt and no one would pay it a 2nd glance. :lol: Even if you were to be noticed, again, printing isn't illegal.

mrjam2jab

imported post

From Page 5 of the application instructions:

5.A NOTICE TO OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLY AT SHERIFFS' OFFICES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. If you are visiting Florida from out-of-state, you can get your fingerprints scanned at a nearby sheriff's office. However,you need to be aware that if law enforcement authorities reject your scanned fingerprints because of legibility problems,the law requires you to have your prints scanned A SECOND TIME at the same sheriff's office where you r prints were initially taken. If you have already lef tFlorida and returned home and are unable to return to Florida to have your prints scanned again, you will have to submit your second set of prints on a fingerprint card using the “hard card” method. Because the format of your second fingerprint submission (paper card) will be different from the format of your first submission (digitalscan),FDLE regulations require you to submit a $42 fingerprint processing fee with this second submission.

If you need a class take the NV Hunter Safety Course..it's only $5 :D

JeepSeller

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
From Page 5 of the application instructions:
...*snip*

Great! Thanks mrjam2jab. Appreciate it! I was just about to look into the out of state electronic fingerprint stuff for the OP.

I had no way to check on the NV training....

erichonda30, there you have it..... you can't do the electronic fingerprint deal...

You'll need a check for $117 to send in with your application packet.

Based on mrjam2jab's answer, $5 for training.

And, a ballpark of $10-$20 for postage, notary, passport photo,etc....

So, say a total $140 approx. budget for your Florida CWFL. Round it off to $150, and you'll have some change left over and a buffer in case your local Law Enforcement charges a few bucks to ink and mash your fingers.

You're getting off cheaper than we do, since our training is anywhere from $60 to $80. :lol: