Thread: anyone going to the sherrifs debate thurs?

Post imported post

anyone going to the sherrifs debate thursday?

This is timed to coincide with the Sheriff's debate tomorrow night. It provides fodder for the Sheriff to defend his gun registration program, which is for handguns; the focus of this story. The NRA just sent me the following notification notification:

Clark County Sheriffs Debate Scheduled for Tomorrow Night!

NRA Members Need to Make the
    Second Amendment Front and Center!

All six candidates for Clark County Sheriff, including incumbent Sheriff Doug Gillespie, will be in attendance at a debate tomorrow night, Thursday, June 3. The forum will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Rainbow Library located at 3150 N. Buffalo Drive .

Hosted by the Charleston Neighborhood Preservation, the event is open to the public and all questions will be posed in a first come, first asked basis.

Since the sheriff administers the concealed weapons AND handgun registration program, this is a very important race for gun owners in Clark County . Sheriff Gillespie has indicated his strong support for the registration program, despite a lack of concrete data proving its efficacy in solving crime.

Banned

Post imported post

can you open carry to it?

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    The library is properly posted against CCW so no concealed carry. Legally you can open carry since that law only applies to concealed carry, but I'd expect to be asked to leave by plenty of library employees.

Post imported post

jpa wrote:
    erichonda30 wrote:
    The library is properly posted against CCW so no concealed carry.* Legally you can open carry since that law only applies to concealed carry, but I'd expect to be asked to leave by plenty of library employees.
    There will be plenty of cops there also. When I went to the town hall a couple of months back they had some on-duty, some explorers and some off duty. I was thinking of trying to open carry but it was suggested that those how would attend be professional and represent the gun owners in a positive light. I did have a button up shirt covering my empty holster.

As far as tonight goes, I'm going to pass on this one.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!