• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone going to the sherrifs debate thurs?

sslade6751

imported post

anyone going to the sherrifs debate thursday?

This is timed to coincide with the Sheriff's debate tomorrow night. It provides fodder for the Sheriff to defend his gun registration program, which is for handguns; the focus of this story. The NRA just sent me the following notification notification:

Clark County Sheriffs Debate Scheduled for Tomorrow Night!

NRA Members Need to Make the
Second Amendment Front and Center!

All six candidates for Clark County Sheriff, including incumbent Sheriff Doug Gillespie, will be in attendance at a debate tomorrow night, Thursday, June 3. The forum will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Rainbow Library located at 3150 N. Buffalo Drive .

Hosted by the Charleston Neighborhood Preservation, the event is open to the public and all questions will be posed in a first come, first asked basis.

Since the sheriff administers the concealed weapons AND handgun registration program, this is a very important race for gun owners in Clark County . Sheriff Gillespie has indicated his strong support for the registration program, despite a lack of concrete data proving its efficacy in solving crime.

jpa

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
can you open carry to it?

The library is properly posted against CCW so no concealed carry. Legally you can open carry since that law only applies to concealed carry, but I'd expect to be asked to leave by plenty of library employees.

Sabotage70

imported post

jpa wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
can you open carry to it?

The library is properly posted against CCW so no concealed carry.  Legally you can open carry since that law only applies to concealed carry, but I'd expect to be asked to leave by plenty of library employees.

There will be plenty of cops there also. When I went to the town hall a couple of months back they had some on-duty, some explorers and some off duty. I was thinking of trying to open carry but it was suggested that those how would attend be professional and represent the gun owners in a positive light. I did have a button up shirt covering my empty holster.

As far as tonight goes, I'm going to pass on this one.