Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your holsters

Post imported post

Hey everyone, I'm new here and was wondering.. Which holsters do you guys (and gals!) use, and why?

Post imported post

Weights wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and was wondering.. Which holsters do you guys (and gals!) use, and why?
    Safariland ALS. Hip or thigh holster, depending on the situation.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/p....aspx?pid=6304

Its a kydex hip holster with a double retention. Allows me to holster the weapon with the surefire light attached. Safariland is what a lot of police, military, and various government agencies use. Its been proven reliable even in war situations.

Post imported post

Weights wrote:
    Fobus paddle holster
    Safariland Thumbbreak paddle holster
    Uncle mikes IWB holster

Soon to add
    a new serpa
    crossbreed

Post imported post

Blackhawk Serpa.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

I just got a fobus paddle holster. I have it because not very many holster manufactors make one for my gun. It holds it tight and wears really comfortable

Post imported post

Fobus paddle holster, but I haven't used it since I bought my Blackhawk Serpa for my Ruger P95

Post imported post

Galco holsters, nothing beats leather for the durability and good looks.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Post imported post

Blackhawk Serpa when out on the town.

Fobus or a leather thumbreak when i'm on the farm depending on what i feel like carrying that day.

I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Post imported post

I use the Safariland SLS 6288. It's similar to the one Sierra uses (older model). I also own the serpa, but I find this one to be way better. Can't go wrong with either one though.

Post imported post

I probably have several dozen holsters. But, my current preference is a Serpa Level II, carbon fiber.

Post imported post

Blackhawk Serpa CQC (in Coyote Tan) for daily OC

Galco IWB for "causual CC"

Galco Side Snap Scabbard for "dressy CC"

Hogue PowersSpeed for range.

ALL set for "FBI Cant", and worn in the 3:00 position...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=885982

and love it.

A holster is very similar to a pair of shoes: Everyone has an individual taste of what they are looking for.

Some select for cost, some for comfort, some for style, some for function.

I'm a strict leather, OWB, belt loop, retention, forward cant guy.

Post imported post

Superlite27,

That's a nice holster. I was looking at that Bianchi before I bought the Galco SSS. I really like the fact that it is leather AND has mechanical retention. But I'm more of a "paddle" guy than a "belt loops" guy, so ultimately, I went with the SSS, because it can be removed and put on without taking my belt off...

But if Bianchi made this holster with a paddle, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if I could get it in Tan...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Blackhawk Serpa for a 1911
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Superlite27,

That's a nice holster. I was looking at that Bianchi before I bought the Galco SSS. I really like the fact that it is leather AND has mechanical retention. But I'm more of a "paddle" guy than a "belt loops" guy, so ultimately, I went with the SSS, because it can be removed and put on without taking my belt off...

But if Bianchi made this holster with a paddle, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if I could get it in Tan...
    http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=83

How's this?

Post imported post

Like most long time gun owners I have a drawer full of them... but the ones I use the most (all for my XD45):

Serpa, I use it the most... perfect for OC. Good for CC too but a bit bulky

Galco Cop 3-slot is a close second. I prefer leather for CC and that is how I carry most often...

DeSantis IWB, this is the handiest holster I own. Perfect for CC almost anywhere

Serpa on paddle gets used to and from work... so it's easy to slip off at my desk

Serpa on the thigh-rig when I'm hunting, hiking or backpacking

I also have a Fobus paddle that I used to use once in a while... now it only gets used to and from work when my Serpa is on the belt attachment or the thigh rig and I'm too lazy or in too much of a hurry to swap it out...

I am still on the hunt for a good vertical shoulder rig... my Miami Classic is decent, but kind of bulky and horizontal hold.

Post imported post

I bought one once - took it back. I make my own. Yup, nothing beats leather. I have one I made 40 years ago for my old Hawes .22 six shooter. I'm going to start on a shoulder rig, but right now I just use what would be called a clip on. Easy on and off.

Post imported post

I have a Ruger P95. I looked at a lot of holsters and asked a lot of questions at the Open Carry Picnic in West Salem, WI this year. The Blackhawk Serpa Level II was the most popular. This holster has you pull your gun out of the holster as natural as can be, while holding it in place very good. Check them out at you tube, or Blackhawks web page.

Post imported post

Galco. Superb construction; comfortable carry; long lasting. I wear Galco belts also.

Post imported post

+1 for Galco belt

I have three... my favorite is 1.75" that barely fits in the loops of a pair of Levi's... but it holds anything you want to throw at it

Post imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
    Blackhawk Serpa.
    This.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I carry an EAA Witness .45. This gun is modeled on the CZ line of handguns and it is nearly impossible to find a decent holster for it. After several tries I finally found a halfway decent one that I could live with, but it had the annoying habit of flattening out and causing me to have to use two hands to re-holster.

At one of our meets I was talking to one of the guys who happens to do leatherwork. He had just given one of the other guys a western style gunbelt and holster that he'd made for him, so I was able to get a good look at the finished product. I asked him to make me a holster designed loosely on the one I had. We discussed exactly what I wanted and he delivered it.

SO, I pack a full size EAA Witness .45acp in a black, custom-made belt-slide holster with a retention strap.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

daddy4count wrote:
    +1 for Galco belt

I have three... my favorite is 1.75" that barely fits in the loops of a pair of Levi's... but it holds anything you want to throw at it
    My primary holster is my Mernickle PS6LR, with a factory-custom retention strap. While designed as an 'outside the pants' concealment holster, I find it a nice leather OC holster, which rides low enough to mimic the feel of my duty holster.

Galco Yaqui paddle hoster is my 2ndary holster, it fits both my Glock 21 and G30 (which is not an easy find).

Post imported post

High Noon Holsters also makes custom rigs for the EAA Witness and the CZ97. They're not cheap, but they do a remarkable job of distributing the weight of all that steel.

Post imported post

Stronghold Phoenix IWB
    The straps are spread wide which helps keep the heavy butt of my P14 up high and in close. 14 rounds of 230gr .45 used to make the butt drop to a muzzle forward position!
    Tried it out under (sorry) a fitted T-shirt yesterday with no print. When I bent over to make it print... I actually printed less than with my G-30 in a cozy partner (also very comfortable) with the 9 round mag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast