• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your holsters

Weights

imported post

Hey everyone, I'm new here and was wondering.. Which holsters do you guys (and gals!) use, and why?

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Weights wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm new here and was wondering.. Which holsters do you guys (and gals!) use, and why?
Safariland ALS. Hip or thigh holster, depending on the situation.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6304

Its a kydex hip holster with a double retention. Allows me to holster the weapon with the surefire light attached. Safariland is what a lot of police, military, and various government agencies use. Its been proven reliable even in war situations.

younggun20

imported post

Weights wrote:
Fobus paddle holster
Safariland Thumbbreak paddle holster
Uncle mikes IWB holster

Soon to add
a new serpa
crossbreed

halo6941

imported post

I just got a fobus paddle holster. I have it because not very many holster manufactors make one for my gun. It holds it tight and wears really comfortable

Dahwg

imported post

I use the Safariland SLS 6288. It's similar to the one Sierra uses (older model). I also own the serpa, but I find this one to be way better. Can't go wrong with either one though.

Dreamer

imported post

Blackhawk Serpa CQC (in Coyote Tan) for daily OC

Galco IWB for "causual CC"

Galco Side Snap Scabbard for "dressy CC"

Hogue PowersSpeed for range.

ALL set for "FBI Cant", and worn in the 3:00 position...

Dreamer

imported post

Superlite27,

That's a nice holster. I was looking at that Bianchi before I bought the Galco SSS. I really like the fact that it is leather AND has mechanical retention. But I'm more of a "paddle" guy than a "belt loops" guy, so ultimately, I went with the SSS, because it can be removed and put on without taking my belt off...

But if Bianchi made this holster with a paddle, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if I could get it in Tan...

Superlite27

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Superlite27,

That's a nice holster. I was looking at that Bianchi before I bought the Galco SSS. I really like the fact that it is leather AND has mechanical retention. But I'm more of a "paddle" guy than a "belt loops" guy, so ultimately, I went with the SSS, because it can be removed and put on without taking my belt off...

But if Bianchi made this holster with a paddle, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if I could get it in Tan...

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=83

How's this?

daddy4count

imported post

Like most long time gun owners I have a drawer full of them... but the ones I use the most (all for my XD45):

Serpa, I use it the most... perfect for OC. Good for CC too but a bit bulky

Galco Cop 3-slot is a close second. I prefer leather for CC and that is how I carry most often...

DeSantis IWB, this is the handiest holster I own. Perfect for CC almost anywhere

Serpa on paddle gets used to and from work... so it's easy to slip off at my desk

Serpa on the thigh-rig when I'm hunting, hiking or backpacking

I also have a Fobus paddle that I used to use once in a while... now it only gets used to and from work when my Serpa is on the belt attachment or the thigh rig and I'm too lazy or in too much of a hurry to swap it out...

I am still on the hunt for a good vertical shoulder rig... my Miami Classic is decent, but kind of bulky and horizontal hold.

Squeak

imported post

I bought one once - took it back. I make my own. Yup, nothing beats leather. I have one I made 40 years ago for my old Hawes .22 six shooter. I'm going to start on a shoulder rig, but right now I just use what would be called a clip on. Easy on and off.

kd6sxa

imported post

I have a Ruger P95. I looked at a lot of holsters and asked a lot of questions at the Open Carry Picnic in West Salem, WI this year. The Blackhawk Serpa Level II was the most popular. This holster has you pull your gun out of the holster as natural as can be, while holding it in place very good. Check them out at you tube, or Blackhawks web page.

Don Barnett

imported post

Galco. Superb construction; comfortable carry; long lasting. I wear Galco belts also.