Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    I finally checked out Bayoushooters, made a post and only 1 person had a civil grown up response. I swear that site is nothing but ANGRY, IGNORANT COPS. they call names and resort to school child attacks, most of you guys know I am from a LEO family and DO NOT remember my father or uncles being such small minded goons.



    I know and have know MANY of the finest LEO on 2 feet , none of them are there.

    Every post save 1 was met with name calling, posting of old womnen shooting birds and faces shooting the bird. What an intelligent bunch !!!

    I must say My confidence in LEO dropped to an all time low after trying to conversate with them, sad.

    I know there are some fine Men and Women in law enforcement but Damn if any of them are on that site, swear , to say I was shocked at the mentality of that bunch of "Napolean's " with little man's diseaseis an understatement.

    Will never look at LEO the same.

    I NEVER EXPECTED LEO to act like that , it was truly sadening.









  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    47

    Post imported post

    I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    Not all cops are against open carry.

    There are probably more that support it than do not.

    Problem is, like all news, the dirtier or more volatile it is, the more press it gets.

    I've been in law enforcement my entire adult life and I would much rather deal with someone that has a gun on their hip than hidden in the back of their pants.

    In my experience, the guy with the gun visible on his hip isn't a threat.









  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Several years ago, I tried to warn everyone to stay away from that site, nobody listens to me.
    Oh well.....................
    How do you know they didn't? Personally in the same situation, I would not have done so publicly towards my superior either. Just because you did not see/hear it doesn't mean they did not say it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bunkie, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    CaptainDan,

    What was the thread? I'm not a member there and have only
    gone there once, but would like to read that of which you speak.

    You know there are lots of people that go into LE with good intentions
    but become callus to abuse of rights perpetrated by LEO's on LAC's.
    They become brainwashed into a "us against them" mentality.
    They have become a para-military organization,that think they are
    above the citizenry.
    I know it seems that I am anti-Leo, I am not. I am just against
    what they have become.THEY ARE NOT MASTERS OVER
    THE CITIZENRY, BUT SERVANTS OF!!!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    Dancing Bear wrote:
    Not all cops are against open carry.

    There are probably more that support it than do not.

    Problem is, like all news, the dirtier or more volatile it is, the more press it gets.

    I've been in law enforcement my entire adult life and I would much rather deal with someone that has a gun on their hip than hidden in the back of their pants.

    In my experience, the guy with the gun visible on his hip isn't a threat.







    Dancing Bear

    I DO IN NO WAY large or small have the attitude that all LEO are in anything but brave Men and Women in a thankless profession but instead (now more than ever) believe a choice few make the rest of you look terrible. I was amazed when I posted at the responses these "professionals" posted. Mostly slurs, curses (No manners at all, the "F" bomb was dropped repeadly. ) Instead of posting a point of view or well formed arguement I recieved nothing but the 4th grade " I know you are what am I , poopie head " mentality.

    I have had more adult conversation with my children, who by the way were brought up with respect for others than to attack someone they don't even know becouse they present a different point of view.

    ONE member alone presented His side in an adult, respectable manor.


  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    I can't answer that Mark.

    I really can't.

    I can say that this was a non-issue years ago.



    So what has changed over the years?











  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Hunter Dave,
    Your words remind me of exactly what I've been preaching for decades.
    The so-called public "servants" have exalted themselves to the position of "master."

    99.9999% of problems concerning a government employee/elected official can be traced to this very issue: they do NOT understand their job description.
    MORE government is NOT the answer, quite the opposite.
    Hence, the need to OC. The true purpose of the 2nd amendment is to protect us not from the proverbial boogeyman, but from tyranny. Look around, it's here, at least for those with eyes to see.
    I don't think it is brainwashing Dave.

    But I do think that when you deal with criminals all day, or night, long that it is easy to fall into the mentalityof the "us vs them" trap.

    And Iunderstand sayingyou OC to protect you from tyranny.

    Just understand that there are people out there, from elected officials to street cops that for whatever reason think "He's talking about me personally" and get defensive.

    For a LEO, good communication skills are probably the most important tool he can have.

    Itcan defuse a situation, or keep someone from an unjust arrest.

    But that communication is also a two way street.

    You have to be able to convey your OC point of view without antagonizing the situation.

    I know, easier said than done, but if everyone keeps getting overly defensive we ALL will lose.







  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Let's put this in proper perspective.
    Can anyone cite the year the first "police department" was organized in this once-great Republic?
    1796 was the first mention of a New Orleans police dept. that I know of.

    And I'll bet lots of people carried guns everywhere back then.

    But isn't that a bit far back to be relevant to this conversation?

    What has changed in the last 30 or so years since my father used to walk around with a holstered gun on his belt?

    I think itcan be placed at the feet ofthe liberal assault on the 2nd Amendment.



  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    WindsorFox wrote:
    Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.
    I have been a member here for years and everyone on this site will tell you I am nonconfrontal. Some here know Me as well as My wife personally.I prefer polite conversation to juvenile bickering and my past posts prove it. I have NEVER lowered Myself to the bully mentality and resorted to name calling. I was invited to your site and picked the first thread to post my 2 cents,Didn't read the date but should have, didn't know it was an old topic. Still no reason to act like that. As far as I could tell your site has ONE member willing to conversate in an adult manor , offer an alternate view without name calling or use of vulgar words. When I realized CAT was a female I stopped (One of the ones attacking Me) I left your site and will never be back, I am no troll, I was pushed against the wall so I defended myself then left. A troll relishes such banter and never leaves , I assure youI HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I have no interest in angering ANYONE , again , why I left.



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    It appears the date is closer to 1835, in Baltimore.

    The concept of gun-toting, state costumed "law enforcement officers" is foreign to the founders intent. Hence, we have what we have today.
    It's almost amusing the very people who SWEAR an oath to uphold and defend the constitution are the worst violators OF the constitution, especially as it pertains to OC.

    I have YET to have a non-state sponsored thug violate me for OC'ing, have YOU?
    I'm pretty sure of my date for New Orleans.

    But that doesn't really matter.

    From your experiences, I can understand your view-I just do not agree with it.

    Yes I am one of those who swore the oath and I have never violated anyone for anything including OC.



    Well, there was this one crackhead that puked on my unit.....







  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464

    Post imported post

    The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    georg jetson wrote:
    The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.
    There are good, honest, and intelligent police officers out there who did not go into the job for the money (obviously).

    And there are people that became cops because they flunked the ASVAB and their daddy knew the mayor or some such.

    Just like ever other profession out there, there is a lot of assumption of knowledge.

    Sadly,many cops assume their chain of command will tell them everything they need to know to do the job.





  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    Hunterdave wrote:
    CaptainDan,

    What was the thread? I'm not a member there and have only
    gone there once, but would like to read that of which you speak.

    You know there are lots of people that go into LE with good intentions
    but become callus to abuse of rights perpetrated by LEO's on LAC's.
    They become brainwashed into a "us against them" mentality.
    They have become a para-military organization,that think they are
    above the citizenry.
    I know it seems that I am anti-Leo, I am not. I am just against
    what they have become.THEY ARE NOT MASTERS OVER
    THE CITIZENRY, BUT SERVANTS OF!!!!
    That site is not as user friendly as ours, possidly why I Didn't notice the date. In a nut shell I responded to a LEO who in his own words said, We often make arrests, scare people etc. knowing the judge will probably dismiss the bogus charges(HE SAID BOGUS, I SWEAR) I basically said (Politely) that was WRONG and no one had the right to bully people under thecolour of law, that was when the flood of curses, name calling and adolescent slurs flooded in.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    CaptainDan wrote:
    WindsorFox wrote:
    Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.
    I have been a member here for years and everyone on this site will tell you I am nonconfrontal. Some here know Me as well as My wife personally.I prefer polite conversation to juvenile bickering and my past posts prove it. I have NEVER lowered Myself to the bully mentality and resorted to name calling. I was invited to your site and picked the first thread to post my 2 cents,Didn't read the date but should have, didn't know it was an old topic. Still no reason to act like that. As far as I could tell your site has ONE member willing to conversate in an adult manor , offer an alternate view without name calling or use of vulgar words. When I realized CAT was a female I stopped (One of the ones attacking Me) I left your site and will never be back, I am no troll, I was pushed against the wall so I defended myself then left. A troll relishes such banter and never leaves , I assure youI HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I have no interest in angering ANYONE , again , why I left.

    Also Windsorfox, if you would like I would GLADLY meet you personally so as to give you an ACCURATE face to face to tell Me what you think.
    You may well be non-confrontational here. But your first post at BS was and was accusatory and was a troll, hether you believe it to be or not. You were not attacked, you were treated like a troll. Your post garnered the same reply that you gave Tunatuk If you did not MEAN to be a troll why didn't you reply to some other thread, like the BP bashing etc.? It's obvious you have read little or nothing from the site or you would know your assessment was incorrect. If you are so nonconfrontational as you say then you should try participating in other threads as a community member instead of basing your conclusion on the replies you got when you snapped off at a well known member.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    yes, it does matter.
    If this once-great Republic (not "democracy) originated in 1791 and the first true "police department" didn't rear it's ugly head for some 40 years later, obviously "law enforcement officers" were not intended to be part and parcel of The Great Experiment.

    The reason most DON'T agree with what I teach is it conflicts with their view of reality. To admit my words are correct would be to admit everything you know and believe is false. Pride won't allow it.
    You and I are not going to see eye to eye on this, but that is alright.

    I will support your right to your views.

    And those views do not conflict with my reality because I don't see it as an I'm right and you are wrong type of issue.

    Whether you agree with it or not, law enforcement is here to stay.



  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    197

    Post imported post

    Dancing Bear wrote:
    georg jetson wrote:
    The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.
    There are good, honest, and intelligent police officers out there who did not go into the job for the money (obviously).

    And there are people that became cops because they flunked the ASVAB and their daddy knew the mayor or some such.

    Just like ever other profession out there, there is a lot of assumption of knowledge.

    Sadly,many cops assume their chain of command will tell them everything they need to know to do the job.



    I agree 100% about most LEO being what they should and the fact that there are worthless people in every proffession but here lies the problem.

    the worthless, somthing to prove , little fella with the superiority complex has a badge to hide behind.

    When you say " Bob at the factory is an as*, every one on 3rd shift doesn't rush to his defense , not caring if He's right or wrong. Also when good 'ol Bob screws up He faces consequences (spelling?) possibly losing his employment , What did the officers who held Mark at gunpoint on the pavement in front of his family face?



  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    CaptainDan wrote:
    That site is not as user friendly as ours, possidly why I Didn't notice the date. In a nut shell I responded to a LEO who in his own words said, We often make arrests, scare people etc. knowing the judge will probably dismiss the bogus charges (HE SAID BOGUS, I SWEAR) I basically said (Politely) that was WRONG and no one had the right to bully people under thecolour of law, that was when the flood of curses, name calling and adolescent slurs flooded in.
    Just like everyone else, cops make mistakes too.







  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    CaptainDan wrote:

    I agree 100% about most LEO being what they should and the fact that there are worthless people in every proffession but here lies the problem.

    the worthless, somthing to prove , little fella with the superiority complex has a badge to hide behind.

    When you say " Bob at the factory is an as*, every one on 3rd shift doesn't rush to his defense , not caring if He's right or wrong. Also when good 'ol Bob screws up He faces consequences (spelling?) possibly losing his employment , What did the officers who held Mark at gunpoint on the pavement in front of his family face?

    I'll tell you exactly where that comes from.

    A PD or S.O. shift has to watch each other's backs regardless of whether or not they like each other.

    That develops a kind of cameraderie that is hard to describe to non-LEOs.

    When off duty, they tend to hang out together, especially younger cops.

    And so, rightly or wrongly, they have this knee jerk reaction to defend their own.

    Just as you guys on here back each other.



  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464

    Post imported post

    Dancing Bear wrote:
    georg jetson wrote:
    The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.
    There are good, honest, and intelligent police officers out there who did not go into the job for the money (obviously).

    And there are people that became cops because they flunked the ASVAB and their daddy knew the mayor or some such.

    Just like ever other profession out there, there is a lot of assumption of knowledge.

    Sadly,many cops assume their chain of command will tell them everything they need to know to do the job.



    Exactly!!

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,464

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    yes, it does matter.
    If this once-great Republic (not "democracy) originated in 1791 and the first true "police department" didn't rear it's ugly head for some 40 years later, obviously "law enforcement officers" were not intended to be part and parcel of The Great Experiment.

    The reason most DON'T agree with what I teach is it conflicts with their view of reality. To admit my words are correct would be to admit everything you know and believe is false. Pride won't allow it.
    Police Depts.were originally constructs of the states. I don't see logic in your argument there... There is NO authority in the US Const. that allows the Fed to tell a state how to handle their Executive Branch's police power. However, it might be relevant considering federal LE agencies.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bunkie, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    DancingBear,

    Brainwashing,peer pressure, fraternity , it doesn't matter the word, the outcome
    is the same.

    Many years ago I was a member of LDPS and thought long and hard about
    becoming a trooper, but after seeing officers enforcing unconstitutional laws
    over and over, I knew I could not do that in good conscience.

    I think you said you were, or, are an LEO. I make no judgment in that, in
    and of itself. If I knew you, I would make judgment upon you by your
    character and your actions, as I do everyone.

    I know there are some good people in LE and hate to paint with a
    broad brush , but the number of "good" LEOs are becoming
    fewer and fewer.

    Oh, and in 1796 New Orleans still belonged to France.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL, ,
    Posts
    412

    Post imported post

    georg jetson wrote:
    Police Depts.were originally constructs of the states. I don't see logic in your argument there... There is NO authority in the US Const. that allows the Fed to tell a state how to handle their Executive Branch's police power. However, it might be relevant considering federal LE agencies.
    HEY, look at that, someone who actuallly understands the constitution instead of letting their emotional hatred of LEO's dictate their logic.

    Well said george jetson.

  25. #25
    Regular Member barf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nawlins, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    yes, it does matter.
    If this once-great Republic (not "democracy) originated in 1791 and the first true "police department" didn't rear it's ugly head for some 40 years later, obviously "law enforcement officers" were not intended to be part and parcel of The Great Experiment.

    The reason most DON'T agree with what I teach is it conflicts with their view of reality. To admit my words are correct would be to admit everything you know and believe is false. Pride won't allow it.
    And moderation of this board didn't seem necessary until people like you started posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •