• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE

CaptainDan

imported post

Hunterdave wrote:
CaptainDan,

What was the thread? I'm not a member there and have only
gone there once, but would like to read that of which you speak.

You know there are lots of people that go into LE with good intentions
but become callus to abuse of rights perpetrated by LEO's on LAC's.
They become brainwashed into a "us against them" mentality.
They have become a para-military organization,that think they are
above the citizenry.
I know it seems that I am anti-Leo, I am not. I am just against
what they have become.THEY ARE NOT MASTERS OVER
THE CITIZENRY, BUT SERVANTS OF!!!!
That site is not as user friendly as ours, possidly why I Didn't notice the date. In a nut shell I responded to a LEO who in his own words said, We often make arrests, scare people etc. knowing the judge will probably dismiss the bogus charges(HE SAID BOGUS, I SWEAR) I basically said (Politely) that was WRONG and no one had the right to bully people under thecolour of law, that was when the flood of curses, name calling and adolescent slurs flooded in.

WindsorFox

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
WindsorFox wrote:
Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.

I have been a member here for years and everyone on this site will tell you I am nonconfrontal. Some here know Me as well as My wife personally.I prefer polite conversation to juvenile bickering and my past posts prove it. I have NEVER lowered Myself to the bully mentality and resorted to name calling. I was invited to your site and picked the first thread to post my 2 cents,Didn't read the date but should have, didn't know it was an old topic. Still no reason to act like that. As far as I could tell your site has ONE member willing to conversate in an adult manor , offer an alternate view without name calling or use of vulgar words. When I realized CAT was a female I stopped (One of the ones attacking Me) I left your site and will never be back, I am no troll, I was pushed against the wall so I defended myself then left. A troll relishes such banter and never leaves , I assure youI HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I have no interest in angering ANYONE , again , why I left.

Also Windsorfox, if you would like I would GLADLY meet you personally so as to give you an ACCURATE face to face to tell Me what you think.
You may well be non-confrontational here. But your first post at BS was and was accusatory and was a troll, hether you believe it to be or not. You were not attacked, you were treated like a troll. Your post garnered the same reply that you gave Tunatuk If you did not MEAN to be a troll why didn't you reply to some other thread, like the BP bashing etc.? It's obvious you have read little or nothing from the site or you would know your assessment was incorrect. If you are so nonconfrontational as you say then you should try participating in other threads as a community member instead of basing your conclusion on the replies you got when you snapped off at a well known member.

Dancing Bear

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
yes, it does matter.
If this once-great Republic (not "democracy) originated in 1791 and the first true "police department" didn't rear it's ugly head for some 40 years later, obviously "law enforcement officers" were not intended to be part and parcel of The Great Experiment.

The reason most DON'T agree with what I teach is it conflicts with their view of reality. To admit my words are correct would be to admit everything you know and believe is false. Pride won't allow it.

You and I are not going to see eye to eye on this, but that is alright.

I will support your right to your views.

And those views do not conflict with my reality because I don't see it as an I'm right and you are wrong type of issue.

Whether you agree with it or not, law enforcement is here to stay.

CaptainDan

imported post

Dancing Bear wrote:
georg jetson wrote:
The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.

There are good, honest, and intelligent police officers out there who did not go into the job for the money (obviously).

And there are people that became cops because they flunked the ASVAB and their daddy knew the mayor or some such.

Just like ever other profession out there, there is a lot of assumption of knowledge.

Sadly,many cops assume their chain of command will tell them everything they need to know to do the job.

I agree 100% about most LEO being what they should and the fact that there are worthless people in every proffession but here lies the problem.

the worthless, somthing to prove , little fella with the superiority complex has a badge to hide behind.

When you say " Bob at the factory is an as*, every one on 3rd shift doesn't rush to his defense , not caring if He's right or wrong. Also when good 'ol Bob screws up He faces consequences (spelling?) possibly losing his employment , What did the officers who held Mark at gunpoint on the pavement in front of his family face?

Dancing Bear

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:

That site is not as user friendly as ours, possidly why I Didn't notice the date. In a nut shell I responded to a LEO who in his own words said, We often make arrests, scare people etc. knowing the judge will probably dismiss the bogus charges (HE SAID BOGUS, I SWEAR) I basically said (Politely) that was WRONG and no one had the right to bully people under thecolour of law, that was when the flood of curses, name calling and adolescent slurs flooded in.

Just like everyone else, cops make mistakes too.

Dancing Bear

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
I agree 100% about most LEO being what they should and the fact that there are worthless people in every proffession but here lies the problem.

the worthless, somthing to prove , little fella with the superiority complex has a badge to hide behind.

When you say " Bob at the factory is an as*, every one on 3rd shift doesn't rush to his defense , not caring if He's right or wrong. Also when good 'ol Bob screws up He faces consequences (spelling?) possibly losing his employment , What did the officers who held Mark at gunpoint on the pavement in front of his family face?

I'll tell you exactly where that comes from.

A PD or S.O. shift has to watch each other's backs regardless of whether or not they like each other.

That develops a kind of cameraderie that is hard to describe to non-LEOs.

When off duty, they tend to hang out together, especially younger cops.

And so, rightly or wrongly, they have this knee jerk reaction to defend their own.

Just as you guys on here back each other.

georg jetson

imported post

Dancing Bear wrote:
georg jetson wrote:
The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.

There are good, honest, and intelligent police officers out there who did not go into the job for the money (obviously).

And there are people that became cops because they flunked the ASVAB and their daddy knew the mayor or some such.

Just like ever other profession out there, there is a lot of assumption of knowledge.

Sadly,many cops assume their chain of command will tell them everything they need to know to do the job.
Exactly!!

georg jetson

imported post

yes, it does matter.
If this once-great Republic (not "democracy) originated in 1791 and the first true "police department" didn't rear it's ugly head for some 40 years later, obviously "law enforcement officers" were not intended to be part and parcel of The Great Experiment.

The reason most DON'T agree with what I teach is it conflicts with their view of reality. To admit my words are correct would be to admit everything you know and believe is false. Pride won't allow it.
Police Depts.were originally constructs of the states. I don't see logic in your argument there... There is NO authority in the US Const. that allows the Fed to tell a state how to handle their Executive Branch's police power. However, it might be relevant considering federal LE agencies.

Hunterdave

imported post

DancingBear,

Brainwashing,peer pressure, fraternity , it doesn't matter the word, the outcome
is the same.

Many years ago I was a member of LDPS and thought long and hard about
becoming a trooper, but after seeing officers enforcing unconstitutional laws
over and over, I knew I could not do that in good conscience.

I think you said you were, or, are an LEO. I make no judgment in that, in
and of itself. If I knew you, I would make judgment upon you by your
character and your actions, as I do everyone.

I know there are some good people in LE and hate to paint with a
broad brush , but the number of "good" LEOs are becoming
fewer and fewer.

Oh, and in 1796 New Orleans still belonged to France.

JeepSeller

imported post

georg jetson wrote:
Police Depts.were originally constructs of the states. I don't see logic in your argument there... There is NO authority in the US Const. that allows the Fed to tell a state how to handle their Executive Branch's police power. However, it might be relevant considering federal LE agencies.

HEY, look at that, someone who actuallly understands the constitution instead of letting their emotional hatred of LEO's dictate their logic.

Well said george jetson.

imported post

From what I can determine, Baltimore appears to be the first city to organize a true "police department." The year seems to be 1835 or so.
If this is correct, obviously the concept of thugs in state-sponsored costumes lurking everywhere was NOT part of the original concept of this once-great Republic, now was it?

barf

imported post

yes, it does matter.

And moderation of this board didn't seem necessary until people like you started posting.

Hunterdave

imported post

Dancing Bear wrote:
CaptainDan wrote:
I'll tell you exactly where that comes from.

A PD or S.O. shift has to watch each other's backs regardless of whether or not they like each other.

That develops a kind of cameraderie that is hard to describe to non-LEOs.

When off duty, they tend to hang out together, especially younger cops.

And so, rightly or wrongly, they have this knee jerk reaction to defend their own.

Just as you guys on here back each other.
You haven't been on the Louisiana section much have you?

CaptainDan

imported post

Bear, that is EXACTLY the point I was trying to make on BS but was faced with the "You are stupid , beneath US , and WE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES, mentality.

Also making mistakesare not the issue, the intentional abuse of power and bullying of people knowing full well after the victim spends a night in jail the judge will dismiss the "bogus"charges.

But I am in total agreeance, the few make you all look like Nazi's

CaptainDan

imported post

WindsorFox wrote:
CaptainDan wrote:
WindsorFox wrote:
Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.

I have been a member here for years and everyone on this site will tell you I am nonconfrontal. Some here know Me as well as My wife personally.I prefer polite conversation to juvenile bickering and my past posts prove it. I have NEVER lowered Myself to the bully mentality and resorted to name calling. I was invited to your site and picked the first thread to post my 2 cents,Didn't read the date but should have, didn't know it was an old topic. Still no reason to act like that. As far as I could tell your site has ONE member willing to conversate in an adult manor , offer an alternate view without name calling or use of vulgar words. When I realized CAT was a female I stopped (One of the ones attacking Me) I left your site and will never be back, I am no troll, I was pushed against the wall so I defended myself then left. A troll relishes such banter and never leaves , I assure youI HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I have no interest in angering ANYONE , again , why I left.

Also Windsorfox, if you would like I would GLADLY meet you personally so as to give you an ACCURATE face to face to tell Me what you think.
You may well be non-confrontational here. But your first post at BS was and was accusatory and was a troll, hether you believe it to be or not. You were not attacked, you were treated like a troll. Your post garnered the same reply that you gave Tunatuk If you did not MEAN to be a troll why didn't you reply to some other thread, like the BP bashing etc.? It's obvious you have read little or nothing from the site or you would know your assessment was incorrect. If you are so nonconfrontational as you say then you should try participating in other threads as a community member instead of basing your conclusion on the replies you got when you snapped off at a well known member.
How long are you going to continue your assault on Me? I left where I as well as My views were unwelcome and you followed Me, WTF?

Who is trolling who?

Dancing Bear and I as well as others have been conversing for several minutes now and the "F" bomb has yet to be dropped, or did you not notice?

Let's agree to not agree , how bout it?

CaptainDan

imported post

Also while you are still on the witch hunt, you are quick to point out My supposed trolling for voicing My point of view yet said NOTHING about the out right admission of the officer who said he was gonna let us in on a secret , "We often arrest peaople on bogus charges, use scare tactics etc."

In the big world which is the bigger sin? disagreeing with you or bullying, false arrests for the rush or lying by people we are tought from birth are to serve and protect?

get your priorities right.

WindsorFox

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
WindsorFox wrote:
CaptainDan wrote:
WindsorFox wrote:

How long are you going to continue your assault on Me? I left where I as well as My views were unwelcome and you followed Me, WTF?

Who is trolling who?

Dancing Bear and I as well as others have been conversing for several minutes now and the "F" bomb has yet to be dropped, or did you not notice?

Let's agree to not agree , how bout it?
It is not your views that are the problem (IF you were a regular reader there you'd know that) It is your method of conveying them.

WindsorFox

imported post

yes, it does matter.

As I just pointed out to Dan, the problem that I and the others that I know have with you is not what you are trying to teach, but the obtuse way that you go about it. Your actions of "intentional armed conflict" is at best entirely liable to lend more damage to the cause you champion than it is to help it and at worse liable to get someone shot or worse killed in the process. I know if I were a COP I would have no problem with anyone licensed for consealed carry doing so nor would I have a problem with someone open carying assuming they did not appear insane. I *would* however have a problem meeting up with you in public *AFTER* having read and learning all that I have about you. As a uniformed officer I would fully expect you to be confrontational for no apparent reason and that is the way all the people I know of would expect you to be with a uniformed officer. Hell, you did it with one person I know well and he hasn't been a COP in years.