• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE

CaptainDan

imported post

I finally checked out Bayoushooters, made a post and only 1 person had a civil grown up response. I swear that site is nothing but ANGRY, IGNORANT COPS. they call names and resort to school child attacks, most of you guys know I am from a LEO family and DO NOT remember my father or uncles being such small minded goons.

I know and have know MANY of the finest LEO on 2 feet , none of them are there.

Every post save 1 was met with name calling, posting of old womnen shooting birds and faces shooting the bird. What an intelligent bunch !!!

I must say My confidence in LEO dropped to an all time low after trying to conversate with them, sad.

I know there are some fine Men and Women in law enforcement but Damn if any of them are on that site, swear , to say I was shocked at the mentality of that bunch of "Napolean's " with little man's diseaseis an understatement.

Will never look at LEO the same.

I NEVER EXPECTED LEO to act like that , it was truly sadening.

Dancing Bear

imported post

Not all cops are against open carry.

There are probably more that support it than do not.

Problem is, like all news, the dirtier or more volatile it is, the more press it gets.

I've been in law enforcement my entire adult life and I would much rather deal with someone that has a gun on their hip than hidden in the back of their pants.

In my experience, the guy with the gun visible on his hip isn't a threat.

WindsorFox

imported post

Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.

WindsorFox

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Several years ago, I tried to warn everyone to stay away from that site, nobody listens to me.
Oh well.....................

How do you know they didn't? Personally in the same situation, I would not have done so publicly towards my superior either. Just because you did not see/hear it doesn't mean they did not say it.

Hunterdave

imported post

CaptainDan,

What was the thread? I'm not a member there and have only
gone there once, but would like to read that of which you speak.

You know there are lots of people that go into LE with good intentions
but become callus to abuse of rights perpetrated by LEO's on LAC's.
They become brainwashed into a "us against them" mentality.
They have become a para-military organization,that think they are
above the citizenry.
I know it seems that I am anti-Leo, I am not. I am just against
what they have become.THEY ARE NOT MASTERS OVER
THE CITIZENRY, BUT SERVANTS OF!!!!

imported post

Hunter Dave,
Your words remind me of exactly what I've been preaching for decades.
The so-called public "servants" have exalted themselves to the position of "master."

99.9999% of problems concerning a government employee/elected official can be traced to this very issue: they do NOT understand their job description.
MORE government is NOT the answer, quite the opposite.
Hence, the need to OC. The true purpose of the 2nd amendment is to protect us not from the proverbial boogeyman, but from tyranny. Look around, it's here, at least for those with eyes to see.

CaptainDan

imported post

Dancing Bear wrote:
Not all cops are against open carry.

There are probably more that support it than do not.

Problem is, like all news, the dirtier or more volatile it is, the more press it gets.

I've been in law enforcement my entire adult life and I would much rather deal with someone that has a gun on their hip than hidden in the back of their pants.

In my experience, the guy with the gun visible on his hip isn't a threat.
Dancing Bear

I DO IN NO WAY large or small have the attitude that all LEO are in anything but brave Men and Women in a thankless profession but instead (now more than ever) believe a choice few make the rest of you look terrible. I was amazed when I posted at the responses these "professionals" posted. Mostly slurs, curses (No manners at all, the "F" bomb was dropped repeadly. ) Instead of posting a point of view or well formed arguement I recieved nothing but the 4th grade " I know you are what am I , poopie head " mentality.

I have had more adult conversation with my children, who by the way were brought up with respect for others than to attack someone they don't even know becouse they present a different point of view.

ONE member alone presented His side in an adult, respectable manor.

Dancing Bear

imported post

I can't answer that Mark.

I really can't.

I can say that this was a non-issue years ago.

So what has changed over the years?

Dancing Bear

imported post

Hunter Dave,
Your words remind me of exactly what I've been preaching for decades.
The so-called public "servants" have exalted themselves to the position of "master."

99.9999% of problems concerning a government employee/elected official can be traced to this very issue: they do NOT understand their job description.
MORE government is NOT the answer, quite the opposite.
Hence, the need to OC. The true purpose of the 2nd amendment is to protect us not from the proverbial boogeyman, but from tyranny. Look around, it's here, at least for those with eyes to see.

I don't think it is brainwashing Dave.

But I do think that when you deal with criminals all day, or night, long that it is easy to fall into the mentalityof the "us vs them" trap.

And Iunderstand sayingyou OC to protect you from tyranny.

Just understand that there are people out there, from elected officials to street cops that for whatever reason think "He's talking about me personally" and get defensive.

For a LEO, good communication skills are probably the most important tool he can have.

Itcan defuse a situation, or keep someone from an unjust arrest.

But that communication is also a two way street.

You have to be able to convey your OC point of view without antagonizing the situation.

I know, easier said than done, but if everyone keeps getting overly defensive we ALL will lose.

Dancing Bear

imported post

Let's put this in proper perspective.
Can anyone cite the year the first "police department" was organized in this once-great Republic?

1796 was the first mention of a New Orleans police dept. that I know of.

And I'll bet lots of people carried guns everywhere back then.

But isn't that a bit far back to be relevant to this conversation?

What has changed in the last 30 or so years since my father used to walk around with a holstered gun on his belt?

I think itcan be placed at the feet ofthe liberal assault on the 2nd Amendment.

CaptainDan

imported post

WindsorFox wrote:
Sir, you got exactly what you tried to get. You came to our forum, chose a thread that was particularly volatile and a year old. You replied in an overly accusatory manner to a post made two years ago by a moderator and LEO with your FIRST post ever and you actually expect anyone to take you for anything other than a troll?? I knew full well you were trolling, I just did not come out an blatantly accuse you of it. You admitted it by ignoring my question though. Do you have any clue at all that the over whelming majority of BS' membership are not law officers? Do you care? Have you ever met anyone from the forum? Probably not as you told Cat in no uncertain terms that she did not and never would know you. You purposefully came to that site in order to troll for the type of response you wanted and got it. When you act like a troll you get treated like a troll. You are not as bad, but certainly no better than MEM himself.

I have been a member here for years and everyone on this site will tell you I am nonconfrontal. Some here know Me as well as My wife personally.I prefer polite conversation to juvenile bickering and my past posts prove it. I have NEVER lowered Myself to the bully mentality and resorted to name calling. I was invited to your site and picked the first thread to post my 2 cents,Didn't read the date but should have, didn't know it was an old topic. Still no reason to act like that. As far as I could tell your site has ONE member willing to conversate in an adult manor , offer an alternate view without name calling or use of vulgar words. When I realized CAT was a female I stopped (One of the ones attacking Me) I left your site and will never be back, I am no troll, I was pushed against the wall so I defended myself then left. A troll relishes such banter and never leaves , I assure youI HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I have no interest in angering ANYONE , again , why I left.

imported post

It appears the date is closer to 1835, in Baltimore.

The concept of gun-toting, state costumed "law enforcement officers" is foreign to the founders intent. Hence, we have what we have today.
It's almost amusing the very people who SWEAR an oath to uphold and defend the constitution are the worst violators OF the constitution, especially as it pertains to OC.

I have YET to have a non-state sponsored thug violate me for OC'ing, have YOU?

Dancing Bear

imported post

It appears the date is closer to 1835, in Baltimore.

The concept of gun-toting, state costumed "law enforcement officers" is foreign to the founders intent. Hence, we have what we have today.
It's almost amusing the very people who SWEAR an oath to uphold and defend the constitution are the worst violators OF the constitution, especially as it pertains to OC.

I have YET to have a non-state sponsored thug violate me for OC'ing, have YOU?

I'm pretty sure of my date for New Orleans.

But that doesn't really matter.

From your experiences, I can understand your view-I just do not agree with it.

Yes I am one of those who swore the oath and I have never violated anyone for anything including OC.

Well, there was this one crackhead that puked on my unit.....

georg jetson

imported post

The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.

imported post

yes, it does matter.
If this once-great Republic (not "democracy) originated in 1791 and the first true "police department" didn't rear it's ugly head for some 40 years later, obviously "law enforcement officers" were not intended to be part and parcel of The Great Experiment.

The reason most DON'T agree with what I teach is it conflicts with their view of reality. To admit my words are correct would be to admit everything you know and believe is false. Pride won't allow it.

Dancing Bear

imported post

georg jetson wrote:
The lack of LEO education as to their place as defenders of the Const. is understandable given the education of the general population of such things. Leos come from the population of citizens and if the citizens continue to relish in their ignorance of law, then what else can be expected. The solution starts with people realizing that THEY are responsible for knowing the law... period.

There are good, honest, and intelligent police officers out there who did not go into the job for the money (obviously).

And there are people that became cops because they flunked the ASVAB and their daddy knew the mayor or some such.

Just like ever other profession out there, there is a lot of assumption of knowledge.

Sadly,many cops assume their chain of command will tell them everything they need to know to do the job.