• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surveillance Video: Open Carry Murder Suspect, TodaysTMJ4.com

Cobbersmom

imported post

It only seems significant in the eyes of TMJ4. He's walking around with his wife and baby and is passive when cops came and arrested him for DC. Tom Murray is acting like he's getting a hard on tho, gesturing with his arms and acting all excited in front of the stores where Jesus shopped.
Oh and Murray was very incorrect in the article, "At the Wal-Mart in May 2008, Gonzalez tested his right to bare arms in public." Jesus had on long sleeves.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just another "unbiased" view from the "unbiased" media. Right. The idjut says he challenged the "Open carry law". There isn't an "open carry law.

B

bhancock

imported post

The female reporter calls it a challenge to the open carry law. During the surveillance video clips the reporter sounds alarmed when he points out Jesus is armed and then of course the clip of him being led out of the store in handcuffs. They could have had some narrative about him just walking around the store peacefully shopping. In the clips I didn't see other shoppers running in fear or hiding behind stuff. The opinion from the judge they quoted would indicate that we should have seen mothers running and little children cowering and crying. Some neutral reporting but mostly negative especially with the emphasis on the tone of the reporters voice.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah it's basically a meaningless piece diving into Jesus's background from from a journalist's biased perspective. Another example of today's sad media condition.....

M

McX

imported post

thought i was reading the star, or the inquirer, but then i realized it was slimy slanted main stream media.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
BJA wrote:
Yeah it's basically a meaningless piece diving into Jesus's background from from a journalist's biased perspective. Another example of today's sad media condition.....
Poisoning the jury pool, certainly in the venue that it'll be drawn from.
I believe you are 100% correct Doug. No doubt about it.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Once again, media will only report on the negative of open carry. They will only report things that would scare or intimidate people from exercising their rights. They refuse to report the reality of open-carry that 1000's of people open-carry daily in Wisconsin and no one is alarmed, no one calls police.

I shot 15 minutes of video with Tom Murray yesterday and gave him PLENTY of information to counter the baseless conjecture Judge Adelman offered in his decision in the Gonzalez federal case.

I shared with Tom that despite Judge Adelman's conjecture, thousands of Wisconsin residents open-carry on a daily basis and NONE of the personal opinions Judge Adelman put forth in his decision have a basis in reality.

I agreed to speak to Tom ONLY after and specifically regarding the federal decision of Lynn Adelman as it is categorically uninformed and perpetuates Judge Adelman's personal opinion which has no basis in reality.

Of ALL the video we shot, they used the ONLY piece of video where we weren't talking about the Federal case, weren't talking about counter-points to Judge Adelman's claims.

I know how media works, and I don't fault the reporters, they do the interview and shoot the video and the editors decide which parts they will use.

If TMJ4 is willing to put up Judge Adelman's unsubstantiated opinion fine. But also be willing to put up the REAL story of open-carry (which I have video to substantiate) that 1000's of people carry daily in Wisconsin and NO ONE is alarmed, NO ONE panics, and NO ONE calls police.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
I know how media works,...
Really?

Then you know that the media is a cannibal that chooses its iconic figrueheads for their marketability and appeal, fattens them with fawning attention and then at a time of its choosing eats their child.

The media is not your or our friend, but it is an instrument to be used with great care - like a loaded gun.