Thread: LaCrosse 'shooting'

bhancock

Post imported post

Story of a little interest from LaCrosse. I thought the possible concealed weapon charge was questionable.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/...cc4c03286.html

Post imported post

They sure are starting young these days. Wow, 11 years old and already shooting people (with a bb gun). Soon he will graduate to a firearm and start shooting people with bullets.

What would you do if an 11 year old pulled a gun on you while you were open carrying? Police - SHOOT.... Private person - ?????

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Can't answer that until faced with the situation. I HOPE and PRAY I'll make the right decision.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Can't answer that until faced with the situation. I HOPE and PRAY I'll make the right decision.
    It is a horrible position to be placed in.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
    They sure are starting young these days. Wow, 11 years old and already shooting people (with a bb gun). Soon he will graduate to a firearm and start shooting people with bullets.

What would you do if an 11 year old pulled a gun on you while you were open carrying? Police - SHOOT.... Private person - ?????
    We do know, that if the private person is unarmed; the only choice is cower and pray.

I choose to carry for the sole purpose of having an alternative, an option other than cower and pray.

And I'll repeat, every situation is different. One cannot know how they will react until faced with a certain situation. I HOPE and PRAY I make the right decision.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    We do know, that if the private person is unarmed; the only choice is cower and pray.
    I think lunging forward to grapple and fight, or runningto cover or at an angle awayare two better options if unarmed.

If there's a corner or a door close by, that's where I head first and fast.