Thread: Stopped in Dearborn Heights

Post imported post

Standing on my own front porch, a DH officer drove buy looking at me. He did a quick turn around stop in front and got out of the car with his flashers going. I met him on the sidewalk.

He asked if my handgun was real, I said of coarse. He asked for ID, said my wallet was in the house. He said nevermind and ran my name from the address.

Then he got out of the car and knocked on door and said have a nice day and we shock hands.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Well that's kinda odd.

Post imported post

Hi Chris, Welcome to OCDC! Please update your location in your profile as we'd love to get an idea as to where you are living.

Also, are there any other details to this? Like recordings, witnesses, anything you might have left out? You see, we are pretty interested in things like this around here and we like to have all the information at our disposal in order to comment on it. Thanks!

Post imported post

If you didn't give him permission to look you up, and if he didn't have reasonable articulateable suspicion to believe you were about to or had comitted a crime, it was unlawful for him to run your info. If you didn't give him permission, I suggest a complaint to the MSP for unlawful LEIN access.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...8_229639_7.pdf

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Does the fact the he said his wallet was in the house be stretched to say he was going to get his wallet and stretched even farther as giving consent to look him up?

I know that wasn't the intent but just wondering if it could be used that way.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Does the fact the he said his wallet was in the house be stretched to say he was going to get his wallet and stretched even farther as giving consent to look him up?

I know that wasn't the intent but just wondering if it could be used that way.
    This is why I state " Officer I am exercising my legal right to Open Carry in defense of my self & other law abiding citizens" Then straight into: Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Whenever I carry I've got my recorder going there's nothing better than someones own words to clarify what really happened.

Was this a bogus stop & LEIN? Sure sounds like it so far. This will eventually end "I hope" in the next year or so as more knowledge gets out on OC. There will always be a rouge cop or two but even they will get it after being sued for violating the civil rights of law abiding citizens!

Ok - I will hop down off my Soap box now. Thanks for letting me rant.

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Well that's kinda odd.
    .+ 1
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

yeah - it's like american idol after you sing. you get to hear the judges critique your stop. theres always a simon in here too.