• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Dearborn Heights

Open Carry Chris

imported post

Standing on my own front porch, a DH officer drove buy looking at me. He did a quick turn around stop in front and got out of the car with his flashers going. I met him on the sidewalk.

He asked if my handgun was real, I said of coarse. He asked for ID, said my wallet was in the house. He said nevermind and ran my name from the address.

Then he got out of the car and knocked on door and said have a nice day and we shock hands.

Sefner

imported post

Hi Chris, Welcome to OCDC! Please update your location in your profile as we'd love to get an idea as to where you are living.

Also, are there any other details to this? Like recordings, witnesses, anything you might have left out? You see, we are pretty interested in things like this around here and we like to have all the information at our disposal in order to comment on it. Thanks!

Michigander

Savage.Detroit

imported post

Does the fact the he said his wallet was in the house be stretched to say he was going to get his wallet and stretched even farther as giving consent to look him up?

I know that wasn't the intent but just wondering if it could be used that way.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
Does the fact the he said his wallet was in the house be stretched to say he was going to get his wallet and stretched even farther as giving consent to look him up?

I know that wasn't the intent but just wondering if it could be used that way.

This is why I state " Officer I am exercising my legal right to Open Carry in defense of my self & other law abiding citizens" Then straight into: Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Whenever I carry I've got my recorder going there's nothing better than someones own words to clarify what really happened.

Was this a bogus stop & LEIN? Sure sounds like it so far. This will eventually end "I hope" in the next year or so as more knowledge gets out on OC. There will always be a rouge cop or two but even they will get it after being sued for violating the civil rights of law abiding citizens!

Ok - I will hop down off my Soap box now. Thanks for letting me rant. :banghead:

kryptonian

imported post

yeah - it's like american idol after you sing. you get to hear the judges critique your stop. theres always a simon in here too.