• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do Arizonans think?

armyman29340

imported post

I repost this here to get other opinions from my fellow South Carolinians, and sometimes people from Arizona read here as well.

...................... ......................... ....................... ................

Here's a story (all too true) from South carolina...my home town of Gaffney. I would like to get comments and Ideas from you guys in the Big A. Please comment on any part of this...all of it is true, and it's the current situation in our county.

Couple of weeks ago, at a local "greasy spoon" type eatary here called Sonny's Resaurant, there was a man (I'm not going to comment on his race, that's not why this happened in either case) enetered the place and robbed it at gunpoint. This first one got away from the place, but terrorized the employees with death threats during the robbery.

Two days later, three youths (18, 16 and 16) entered and tried the same thing, but things didn't go so well for them. The employees told then that they had the money they wanted, so just leave and be done with it...but the three started shooting. Two of the employees who were there for the first robbery were also there for the second. When the three kids started shooting, one of the employees pulled a .38, but took a grazing wound to the arm, the other employee pulled a n.40 and the waitresses hit the floor. The three youths fired 11 rounds, and hit one employee, but not seriously, the employee with the .38 fired six rounds, the other emptied hos 9 round clip, and together they hit all the youths. One kid got shot in the chest and stomach, the others got hit seriously, but not fatally. The 16 year old who got hit in the chest and stomach died at the hospital. The others are in jail.

Bit of background info... Several months ago, we had a serial killer on the loose here, killed several people. The Sheriff here said on TV that, because of this and other violence, the citizens of our county should (exercise their 2nd amendment rights) Open carry is prohibited here, as well as concealed unless you have a CWP, but when ever a shooting happens and someone defends their self the local solicitors refuse to prosecute.

Ideas? Comments?

M

mdgary

imported post

Do you want the solicitorto prosecute someone defending their self?

hp-hobo

imported post

My idea is that this might be a wake up call for criminals and wannabe criminals.

My comment is good guys 1, bad guys 0 (actually -1).

What exactly is the point you're trying to make or the question you're trying to ask? I can't really decode your intent.

hp-hobo

imported post

armyman29340 wrote:
Should have asked what would have happened if they had walked in and see someone wearing a gun open.
Okay. I don't know for sure because I don't run a BBQ joint in Gaffney, but I do open carry all day, every day at my automotive repair shop (and most everywhere else). This is my experience.

One time a few years ago I had a female (not a lady) who expected me to let her take her car without paying for the approved repairs at the agreed upon price. She was more than a bit excited because she wasn't getting her way and made a short phone call. Minutes later a car pulled up out front and five young (late teens, early 20's) thugs with their pants on the floor and caps on sidewayscame in the door and started threatening me.

I told them to leave and they got mouthier. As I picked up the phone and dialed 911 I stepped out from behind the counter where they could see my right hip. You could have heard a pin drop. With no other words spoken they were in their car and down the road in less than a minute.

In my experience, just having a gun makes a lot of difference and certainly evens the odds. The down side is that I've probably lost a few hoplophobes as customers by exercising my 2A right. Your results in Gaffney may vary.

armyman29340

imported post

With the violent crime rate in Gaffney...ANY results would be an improvement. In the last two years, we've had a mass murderer, shootings out the ying yang, robberies galore, and not a few people robbed at gunpoint. I see this crap every night.