Thread: Non Resident CCW

Post imported post

I do not have a MO CCW anymore.....I do have a FL.....I noticed that Kansas, if you are a resident, you MUST have a KS CCW.....Not the case here?...been looking can't find anything....

Z

Think I found it...thanks...I think I am safe

GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Post imported post

zekester wrote:
    I do not have a MO CCW anymore.....I do have a FL.....I noticed that Kansas, if you are a resident, you MUST have a KS CCW.....Not the case here?...been looking can't find anything....

Z

Think I found it...thanks...I think I am safe

No such provision exists in Missouri. Missouri recognizes ANY valid permit issued by any state or political subdivision thereof.

As per RSMO 571.030.1(1) and 4:

571.030. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:
    (1) Carries concealed upon or about his or her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use; or

4. Subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of subsection 1 of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state.
    If you have the non-resident FL permit, you're good to go in Missouri.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

FYI since you mentioned it, your Missouri was good in KS, however your OOS FL permit is NOT good in KS CO and I think a couple of other states that opted not to accept OOS permits even if they accept the issuing state and the state you live in.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

LMTD wrote:
    FYI since you mentioned it, your Missouri was good in KS, however your OOS FL permit is NOT good in KS CO and I think a couple of other states that opted not to accept OOS permits even if they accept the issuing state and the state you live in.
    ya...i was pretty sure MO permits were accepted in KS...

Post imported post

Correct me if I am wrong.....but I read on the FL site that KS accepts it now...

See everyone tomorrow...

Z

Post imported post

Kansas will accept a FL permit HOWEVER you must be a resident of FL for KS to accept the FL permit. KS will not accept a non resident permit, Missouri will.

Post imported post

Thanks all.....

I may have mis spoken or mis-understood.......My main concerean is that my Florida license is valid in Missouri.....Pretty sure it is..

Thanks again

Z

Post imported post

zekester wrote:
    Thanks all.....

I may have mis spoken or mis-understood.......My main concerean is that my Florida license is valid in Missouri.....Pretty sure it is..

Thanks again

Z

It DEFINITELY is. As long as it is still a valid permit (not expired, revoked, suspended, etc), it is equal to having a Missouri permit as far as the state is concerned.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    zekester wrote:
    Thanks all.....

Thanks again

Z

It DEFINITELY is. As long as it is still a valid permit (not expired, revoked, suspended, etc), it is equal to having a Missouri permit as far as the state is concerned.
    That is 100% correct, Missouri honors all legal permits.

For further clarification, KS does not accept ANY OOS (out of state issued) permits. If you were a FL resident with a FL permit they would accept it, as a Missouri resident with an out of state issued FL permit, KS will NOT take it.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

ouch....

State Researcher

Post imported post

LMTD wrote:
    For further clarification, KS does not accept ANY OOS (out of state issued) permits. If you were a FL resident with a FL permit they would accept it, as a Missouri resident with an out of state issued FL permit, KS will NOT take it.
    That is no longer correct. The Kansas AG has reinterpreted (correctly, in my opinion) Kansas law to now only prohibit Kansas residents from using a nonresident license. Thus, a resident of Missouri (or any other state except Kansas) may carry in Kansas with a Florida license. Beginning July 1, 2010, when SB 306 takes effect, there will be a grace period for new Kansas residents to use a recognized state's license, which will now be accepted as proof of training, while an application for a Kansas license is pending.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

WVCDL wrote:
    LMTD wrote:
    That is no longer correct. The Kansas AG has reinterpreted (correctly, in my opinion) Kansas law to now only prohibit Kansas residents from using a nonresident license. Thus, a resident of Missouri (or any other state except Kansas) may carry in Kansas with a Florida license. Beginning July 1, 2010, when SB 306 takes effect, there will be a grace period for new Kansas residents to use a recognized state's license, which will now be accepted as proof of training, while an application for a Kansas license is pending.
    That's awesome, I am glad to hear it changed. Any news like that on CO's screwed up views on it?

Too bad you have to involve the federal government to make a federal law regarding CCW, I would love to see it, but everytime the feds get involved we head right back to the stone age!

Post imported post

Sweet. That is good news for me about Kansas.