Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officer doesn't like getting photographed

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Listening to KFI's Bill Carroll talking about this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftEa...layer_embedded#!

Posting this because I thinks its important to know what might happen to UOC'ers if detained and you're photographing or video taping the officers.

More police state mentality behavior if you ask me. Plus I don't think you have to show ID if on a bicycle.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

That cop should be arrested and tried for violation of civil rights under the color of authority, fired, put in the stocks, and given 100 lashes. :P

Seriously, though, that is messed up.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    Listening to KFI's Bill Carroll talking about this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftEa...layer_embedded#!

Posting this because I thinks its important to know what might happen to UOC'ers if detained and you're photographing or video taping the officers.

More police state mentality behavior if you ask me. Plus I don't think you have to show ID if on a bicycle.
    It's against his law. :what:Perhaps this guy shouldn't be an LEO.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Bicycle licensing or the necessity of having a license to operate a bike is a city/county thing.

However, I assume that in most instances one MAY be able to compel ID if on a bike since one can get a DUI while riding a bike. You can also get tickets for violating traffic signals with a bike.

I may be wrong, but that is just my analysis.

Post imported post

I do not know of any city that req you to have your id on you while riding a bike.

The city/county lic that may be req are a lic plate id,(like a vin on your car) that they offer to help ID the bike if stollen.

Just like while walkling, if they do not have RAS, then they can not demand ID. Doesn't mean they will not ask.

If you are speeding, drunk, etc, then they have RAS so they can demand, and if you do not tell them your name, or give then a wrong name, then you will be help until they find out who you are, under giving no info, false info to a LEO

Thisis how I understand it anyway

Post imported post

I am so sick and tired of veterans using their military service as a reason expect higher respect than everyone else. Last I checked military service is still voluntary. Good on ya for serving but it doesn't necessarily make you better than anyone else. For all we know he could have spent two years in Qatar or two years getting written up every week.

Most people on here know that I am a veteran and I have been to Afghanistan. What most don't know is that i was always on my chain of commands bad side and it is a miracle i was honorably discharged.

The simple fact is that military service alone does not entitle anyone to more respect then joe blow citizen.

Sorry had to vent after seeing that video.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

What a uninformed, uniformedjerk! People need to start resistingLEO who engage in activities beyond their authority. Maybe we can plan an OCC event...Open Carry Camera...to protest LAPD treatment of citizens legally shooting within the city limits! Maybe the department should put out a bulletin. What an idiot!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Post imported post

I really like and appreciate and support all that Pastor Steven Anderson is doing about the border patrol check points and defending our liberties. He is a Patriot with a capital P.His theology, on theother hand,is a bit radical for my tastes.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Recording don't lie and that's why some police hate them. It infringes on their ability to make things up as they see fit.

Post imported post

Anybody else notice that his badge number was covered up (with tape it looked like)?
    Walther P99 AS 9mm
    ... loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr

Post imported post

The VA can help VETS with those kind of issues. I hope he seeks out help or at least the department forces him to seek assistance.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

LEO did handle the incident poorly; he is wrong with most of what he does, but even if you're wrong you can at least be somewhat civil. I can understand the LEO not being ok with an individual standing behind him that close, but everything goes downhill from there.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Typical.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I don't agree that it's typical conduct for a LEO. Good interactions rarely get the attention and scrutiny that videos such as this receive. I feel a typical interaction would be a non-issue.

Hard to say why this went this way; good leo on a bad day, bad leo, and on and on we could go.

As the actions of this leo reflect poorly on his profession, we should remember that our conduct and statements as OCers will reflect on the OC movement.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Let me put it this way it is typical for those LEO who have this type of mentality to do this.

I have been denied access to my ability to record LEO, I have been told it is illegal to record without their permission. I have been refused RAS because I was recording?

There is a thread were some agencies are trying to make it illegal to record them, why? Is that just one individual? I doubt it.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I'd be surprised if his military service involved more than being in the rear with the gear and yes I have a DD 214.

His attempt to use his military service as a rational/justification for his illegal and unprofessional conduct is reprehensible.

From what I have read and heard about LAPD they have a very large contingent of unprofessional and substandard officers so this type of activity does not shock me.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

Since we're sharing videos of police who would rather not be recorded.

Here's one: http://www.opencarryradio.com/?p=727

Like Theseus (being retroactively charged), these officers charged him after the fact because he posted the video of there misbehavior online

Post imported post

LA has cameras in many of their patrol cars. They do not ask permission to record citizens in public. It seems that citizens are denied the same freedom. That is a double standard.

Where is the outrage from the upright men in blue? Did I miss it?
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

Post imported post

Phoenix David wrote:

From what I have read and heard about LAPD they have a very large contingent of unprofessional and substandard officers so this type of activity does not shock me.
    ...that's no good. numbness is what let us get this far behind in the first place. Anytime the employees abuse their employers it should send that shock thing through your soul. Unless you like it. Do you like seeing us abused? Well then.

Post imported post

They act like this all the time. It makes me wonder. We haven't even lost our gun rights in full and they treat people like this all of the time. OK to be fair- Probably not All of the time but it happens All too often- to be sure. Saddened to think of what the place would look like w/o individual gun rights. I wonder what kind of abuses drove the forefathers to pick up arms and free themselves from The Redcoats. We read about it in history and think we understand, kind of, maybe but, i wonder what it would really look like on you tube or in real life. Sad, sad, sad. Must have been worth it to risk everyting, even your own neck.

True- its not that bad here yet- But, how can we repair it? Hmmm, it really makes me wonder- Do the People here have what it takes- or have we grown too soft and are willing to let it all slip away? Are we too soft in Cali.? Are we all a bunch of light weights with tissue awaiting on the back seats of our cars? Are they going to banunloaded open carry in Cali.? Poor us, victims of the state. Well, how do we spend our time? Does it really matter to anyone? I mean sure, we can do this or that but where is the line? Is there one? Or does it go like the L.A. Riots? Everyone's pissed and out of control...I would myself, bet it would go like a subtle sound, in the back round of life- Barely noticed by anyone until they go to reach for their rights and find them gone afar. I hope we can stay free here in CA. I hope the people realize what individual freedom is worth before we loose it collectively.

Joe

Post imported post

ManInBlack wrote:
    That cop should be arrested and tried for violation of civil rights under the color of authority, fired, put in the stocks, and given 100 lashes. :P

+ 1,000,000

That cop was TOTALLY over the line and needs to be fired!

"The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:
    ManInBlack wrote:

+ 1,000,000

That cop was TOTALLY over the line and needs to be fired!

This is so wrong on so many levels. I hope this guy gets a good lawyer and takes them to the cleaners. And where is the ACLU for a whole bunch of civil liberties violations!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast