• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billboard considered for Arizona.

GWbiker

imported post

....with all due respect to folks outside "Lost Angles" Kally-foryna...

(Message in Spanish also being considered)

canadian

imported post

What I find most interesting is the way one state is willing to turn on another in such a viscious manner. The balkanization seems well underway.

GWbiker

imported post

canadian wrote:
What I find most interesting is the way one state is willing to turn on another in such a viscious manner. The balkanization seems well underway.

What I find interesting is there are MANY hard working, tax paying people in Sanctuary Cities who fail to understand just WHO pays for all those "FREE" bennies given to illegals.

Hope you're not one of those clueless folks.

eye95

imported post

This is exactly how the "Marketplace of States" should work.

States that don't want to enforce the law and that welcomes freeloaders will attract folks who do illegal things and others who freeload (and those who do both). Those States will drive out producers (as California has been doing of late).

States with reasonable enforcement of the law and that reward productivity will attract law-abiding producers and drive out criminals and freeloaders.

Overtaxed

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
....with all due respect to folks outside "Lost Angles" Kally-foryna...

(Message in Spanish also being considered)

Great billboard, but I disagree about the "plenty of jobs" part, unless you're talking about the migratory agricultural sector and temporary census worker jobs.

Article1section23

imported post

nofoa wrote:
Remember our nation is a collection of individual states. They can leave the the union anytime they wish. (Theoretically.)

No they can't. They could ask, each and every other state, and the congress to leave....if any of them said no, they would have to go to the Supreme Court. Again, all states and Congress would be parties and then say the compact they entered, was violated. If the Supreme's agreed, they they could leave.

Anything short of that, would not work. They can not just pick up and leave the Union.

Oh ya, or we could amend the US Constitution to allow for it.

eye95

imported post

Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:
Remember our nation is a collection of individual states. They can leave the the union anytime they wish. (Theoretically.)

No they can't. They could ask, each and every other state, and the congress to leave....if any of them said no, they would have to go to the Supreme Court. Again, all states and Congress would be parties and then say the compact they entered, was violated. If the Supreme's agreed, they they could leave.

Anything short of that, would not work. They can not just pick up and leave the Union.

Do you have a citation in the law or in court rulings for that?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eye95 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

I seem to recall that the last time states tried to break away it caused some "unpleasentness".

slowfiveoh

imported post

Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

This always makes me laugh.

Can you please cite for me a particular time in history wherein an individual state politely asked to be seceded from the primary nation, and they both agreed and had tea?

Ireland tried for years. Lots of blood there.

Want to see what happens when a nation falls apart both fundamentally, and geographically, to include the political ramifications?

Look at the good ol CCCP.

Certainly went pleasantly for them...

eye95

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

I seem to recall that the last time states tried to break away it caused some "unpleasentness".
Not all unpleasantness is constitutional. I am still waiting for citations supporting the rather bold assertions above.

Phoenix David

imported post

canadian wrote:

Yes it is interesting that when Arizona decides to enforce laws other states/Government entities attempt to embargo us, which in some situations has been interpreted as an act of war.

But these other states/Government entities lack the courage to follow through with all their posturing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shouldn't the billboard be written in Spanish? With an English translation at the bottom?

Oh, heck. If LA is willing to lie to themselves and the rest of the world about uncontrolled immigration, why not lie about LA? Just add "Free Corona" to the billboard.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
canadian wrote:

Yes it is interesting that when Arizona decides to enforce laws other states/Government entities attempt to embargo us, which in some situations has been interpreted as an act of war.

But these other states/Government entities lack the courage to follow through with all their posturing.
I wonder who came up with "Boycott Arizona". How dare other state governments and the federal government urge citizens to wage economic war on a fellow state of our union. I wish I could say it is the most mind blowing thing I has ever heard of, but I would be lying.

I support Arizona trying to enforce the laws that the Feds just pretend aren't on the books.

zack991

imported post

eye95 wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

Not all unpleasantness is constitutional. I am still waiting for citations supporting the rather bold assertions above.
Judge Andrew Napolitano says that a state can leave the union at any time and explains how it can be done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQpS1pLN8g

Ron Paul says the same thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvliy8rEJDQ&feature=related

None of the states who ratified the constitution or the articles of confederation would have done so if they could never leave.Secession is nullifying said Government and forming a new one over your own distinct area. How is that Rebellion? If they aren't doing their jobs right they deserve to be fired. In perhaps the most recent and powerful Tenth Amendment decision in modern history, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Mack/Printz v U.S. that "States are not subject to federal direction

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Arizona should turn the tables on Kalifornia for that state's absurd "boycott" illegal alien a-- kissing. When Kalifornia starts having brownouts this summer, Arizona should refuse to sell them electrical power. See how fast that gets the commies' attention.

eye95

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Arizona should turn the tables on Kalifornia for that state's absurd "boycott" illegal alien a-- kissing. When Kalifornia starts having brownouts this summer, Arizona should refuse to sell them electrical power. See how fast that gets the commies' attention.
That would be hard to pull off.

Much easier is a 100% tax on movie tickets. That would put the pucker to some Hollywood lefties.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nofoa wrote:
and we all wish Kalifornia would leave... I prefer the , sliding into the ocean method.