• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billboard considered for Arizona.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
nofoa wrote:
Remember our nation is a collection of individual states. They can leave the the union anytime they wish. (Theoretically.)
and we all wish Kalifornia would leave... I prefer the , sliding into the ocean method.
i told my brother not to move to oakland for that reason

Old Grump

imported post

I seem to recall that the last time states tried to break away it caused some "unpleasentness".

It was unpleasant because they started shooting first.

Nothing wrong that a change in the capitol can't correct, blaming all the people in California for their government is like blaming all of us for whats is sitting in the Whitehouse today.

Personally I think the day will come soon when the real people in California and not the squeaky toys from Hollyweird and the gay streets of a few large cities will stand up and be counted. Fake Republicans and tree hugging parasites will become endangered.

CrossFire

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
I seem to recall that the last time states tried to break away it caused some "unpleasentness".

It was unpleasant because they started shooting first.

Nothing wrong that a change in the capitol can't correct, blaming all the people in California for their government is like blaming all of us for whats is sitting in the Whitehouse today.

Personally I think the day will come soon when the real people in California and not the squeaky toys from Hollyweird and the gay streets of a few large cities will stand up and be counted. Fake Republicans and tree hugging parasites will become endangered.

One can only hope.

Huck

imported post

If that was to ever happen the people of California will still have decades of work ahead to un-do the damage done by almost half a century of demlib rule.

GWbiker

imported post

I often wonder if the **SUBJECTS** of California are either stoned on drugs, simply asleep or beyond hope while new legislations is formulated in Sacramento.

Consider the state wide 10 day waiting period for firearm purchase in that "Land of fruits, nuts and flakes".

The **SUBJECTS** were told the waiting period was good for crime prevention. So like innocent little children, they bought it.

When later the LA Riots kicked off and thousands of "fruits, nuts and flakes" scurried off to local gun stores to buy home lethal protection for self and family, they were informed of the 10 day cooling off period.

The shouting of "WHO IN THE HELL VOTED FOR THAT?" could be heard as far away as Yuma, I'm told.

CrossFire

imported post

Huck wrote:
If that was to ever happen the people of California will still have decades of work ahead to un-do the damage done by almost half a century of demlib rule.

Aww it can not be that difficult, look at Louisiana:lol:

4angrybadgers

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:
Remember our nation is a collection of individual states. They can leave the the union anytime they wish. (Theoretically.)

No they can't. They could ask, each and every other state, and the congress to leave....if any of them said no, they would have to go to the Supreme Court. Again, all states and Congress would be parties and then say the compact they entered, was violated. If the Supreme's agreed, they they could leave.

Anything short of that, would not work. They can not just pick up and leave the Union.

Oh ya, or we could amend the US Constitution to allow for it.
Do you have a citation in the law or in court rulings for that?
Using the same "logic", OC is illegal, because some folks that OC have gone through some "unpleasantness". :quirky

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

"The Recent Unpleasantness" was the unofficial way for post-war politicians to refer to the war. If any unpleasantness of that magnitude has happened because of someone OCing I must have missed it. :shock:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

No they can't. They could ask, each and every other state, and the congress to leave....if any of them said no, they would have to go to the Supreme Court. Again, all states and Congress would be parties and then say the compact they entered, was violated. If the Supreme's agreed, they they could leave.

Anything short of that, would not work. They can not just pick up and leave the Union.

I know Virginia can. As part of her ratification of the U.S. Constitution, she included a caveat about this very issue.

"WE the Delegates of the people of Virginia, duly elected in pursuance of a recommendation from the General Assembly, and now met in Convention, having fully and freely investigated and discussed the proceedings of the Federal Convention, and being prepared as well as the most mature deliberation hath enabled us, to decide thereon, DO in the name and in behalf of the people of Virginia, declare and make known that the powers granted under the Constitution, being derived from the people of the United States may be resumed by them whensoever the same shall be perverted to their injury or oppression, and that every power not granted thereby remains with them and at their will: that therefore no right of any denomination, can be cancelled, abridged, restrained or modified, by the Congress, by the Senate or House of Representatives acting in any capacity, by the President or any department or officer of the United States, except in those instances in which power is given by the Constitution for those purposes: and that among other essential rights, the liberty of conscience and of the press cannot be cancelled, abridged, restrained or modified by any authority of the United States."

Notice was also given that any powers not specifically enumerated in the Constitution are null and void and therefore, not enforceable.

I should add that the possibility of this happening in the contemporary U.S. is pretty remote. The mindset exhibited by our Founders and the Virginia delegates is many generations removed from what we see and have today.

eye95

imported post

Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

So, Shawn, some folks have posted support for their contention that State may secede. Have you found any support yet for the rather bold assertion you posted above.

One of the things that makes this site so valuable is the extent to which folks cite sources for their factual assertions.

rodbender

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Shawn wrote:
nofoa wrote:

So, Shawn, some folks have posted support for their contention that State may secede. Have you found any support yet for the rather bold assertion you posted above.

One of the things that makes this site so valuable is the extent to which folks cite sources for their factual assertions.
Not only can they secede, they can abolish the federal government. After all, the states created the federal government, and would be well within their rights to simply abolish it and start over. Risky move to say the least, but it could be done.

slowfiveoh

imported post

This conversation often makes me laugh.

Here is why:

Can ANY OF YOU tell me of a single instance, where a state or other geographic body tried, or succeeded, in pulling away from the collective whole, on the basis of law?

How much do you think, were states deciding to secede, that the "legality" of said action would actually come into play?

Hard to say, "Nuh uh, they can't secede, it's 'illegal'", from the end of millions of Texans guns, for example.

Secession is an act of liberty.

Do not kid yourself.

Old Grump

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:

Here is why:

Can ANY OF YOU tell me of a single instance, where a state or other geographic body tried, or succeeded, in pulling away from the collective whole, on the basis of law?
Czech Republic and Slovakia

Now why would an old Bohunk know that? Oh yeah, Bohemia is half of the Czech Republic.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:

Here is why:

Now why would an old Bohunk know that? Oh yeah, Bohemia is half of the Czech Republic.
Don't you mean an old curmudgeon?

slowfiveoh

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:

Here is why:

Very cool. Learn something new every day.

Now. What is the percentage of peaceful secession vs. armed and bloody secession?

That would be worth finding out. :)

ecocks

imported post

I favor the billboards and even suggest that AZ offer vouchers (with no cash value) good for daily bus departures, one-way to Winterhaven, Blythe andNeedles.

Further, AZ should print pamphlets (modeled on the Mexican government effort) for those individuals seeking to make their way to CA and sign up for various welfare programs, which Home Depot parking lots offer the best odds of employment and contacts for the various hispanic cultural preservation organizations like MS-13, Tango Blast, 18th Street, Nuestra and other like-minded hispanic community groups which provide a chance for enthusiastic individuals to make a new life in this wonderful place called Kalifornya.

Heck, if I was running the resettlement program, I'd throw in a coupon book for Disney, Universal, Magic Mountain and Tour of the Stars' Homes. You could probably sell the ad space to CA businesses eager to tap this new, emerging market.

ISRAEL

imported post

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ESTA ESCRITO EN INGLES !!!!!!!, si fue escrito para los "Latinos" entonces escribanlo en castellano puro, para que lo entendamos, .

It will be a "kodak" picture to see all these gringos working on thefields under the hot Arizona heat,It will be good for you Arizona, maybe that way you don't go to to the Welfare Dpt. to ask for help.but this is what you want , you then will get it, lots of lucks, Ojala que no metan las de "batir " lodo, JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,ja ja ja . Muchos saludos . Su vaquero amigo Israel.

Post data, I know mi english is not so good, but it is understandable, I am A USA citizen since 72. I will prefere to return to my home country than going to Arizona. :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

slowfiveoh

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
...It will be a "kodak" picture to see all these gringos working on thefields under the hot Arizona heat,It will be good for you Arizona, maybe that way you don't go to to the Welfare Dpt. to ask for help.but this is what you want , you then will get it, lots of lucks, Ojala que no metan las de "batir " lodo, JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,ja ja ja . Muchos saludos . Su vaquero amigo Israel.

Post data, I know mi english is not so good, but it is understandable, I am A USA citizen since 72. I will prefere to return to my home country than going to Arizona. :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:
So.

As a citizen of the US, you do not believe it is important to control our borders and stop illegal immigration?

By the way, I also agree that it will be FANTASTIC to see real Americans working in Central Valley Tomato fields, rice fields, and almond orchards.

It will also be FANTASTIC to see the dollars stop, and be spent somewhere other than a moneygram at the local Walmart for some destination south of the border.

:)

ISRAEL

imported post

I got my citizenship at the City Hall in Tacoma, The "ilegales" are helping whith tax Dollars here in The USA, and they know that they will not get anything when they retire, most of us came to the USA for only short time, That is my case, I will retire next year and going back to El Salvador, and yes I been sending lots of money to my country for my retirement, never got anythig free here, I have bought everythyng even my green card $20.00 and my citizen diploma for $25.00. I have work all these years and saving , not even unemployment money I work in Yakima,Olympia,Sacramento,and now in Boise, Los "ilegales " are in every counrty, and , we mistreat them, we talk to them as criminals and we only swallow the food they have harvest to continue mitreating them. I alredy ask forgiveness to my kids, becouse they where born in this country and the future is not good for the peoplewho looks to "hispano" and my kids are sad, I do hope they fallow me whenI return to my country, well sorryif I feel sad butto me it is not a good law, if it were a good law, then why people are applolgizing for that law?

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

ecocks wrote:
I favor the billboards and even suggest that AZ offer vouchers (with no cash value) good for daily bus departures, one-way to Winterhaven, Blythe andNeedles.

Further, AZ should print pamphlets (modeled on the Mexican government effort) for those individuals seeking to make their way to CA and sign up for various welfare programs, which Home Depot parking lots offer the best odds of employment and contacts for the various hispanic cultural preservation organizations like MS-13, Tango Blast, 18th Street, Nuestra and other like-minded hispanic community groups which provide a chance for enthusiastic individuals to make a new life in this wonderful place called Kalifornya.

Heck, if I was running the resettlement program, I'd throw in a coupon book for Disney, Universal, Magic Mountain and Tour of the Stars' Homes. You could probably sell the ad space to CA businesses eager to tap this new, emerging market.
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate