• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billboard considered for Arizona.

slowfiveoh

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
I got my citizenship at the City Hall in Tacoma, The "ilegales" are helping whith tax Dollars here in The USA, and they know that they will not get anything when they retire, most of us came to the USA for only short time, That is my case, I will retire next year and going back to El Salvador, and yes I been sending lots of money to my country for my retirement, never got anythig free here, I have bought everythyng even my green card $20.00 and my citizen diploma for $25.00. I have work all these years and saving , not even unemployment money I work in Yakima,Olympia,Sacramento,and now in Boise, Los "ilegales " are in every counrty, and , we mistreat them, we talk to them as criminals and we only swallow the food they have harvest to continue mitreating them. I alredy ask forgiveness to my kids, becouse they where born in this country and the future is not good for the peoplewho looks to "hispano" and my kids are sad, I do hope they fallow me whenI return to my country, well sorryif I feel sad butto me it is not a good law, if it were a good law, then why people are applolgizing for that law?
What you do not concede, is the fact that there are millions of illegals here that do not have any interest in pursuing a work visa, let alone a green card.

Furthermore, most illegals work "under the table", meaning not only is the local and federal government not getting taxes outside of commodities purchased at convenience stores or supermarkets, but the money itself is moving expressly towards Mexico, or other foreign markets (Illegal immigrants are not limited to Mexicans).

When injuries occur over here, these same individuals, irregardless of race, accrue medical bills they never intend to pay by visiting out emergency rooms.

Furthermore, illegal immigrants negate large portions of our domestic products profit (the crops picked) by sending raw dollars across the border, to stimulate another economy at our expense.

There are specific laws that are in place because they need to be, in order for our economy to thrive. Acting like these don't exist, regardless of your take on Arizona, is just plain intolerant to our values as a nation. In fact, it means you are a criminal (referring to illegals).

I do not apologize for closing borders.
I do not apologize for telling illegals that they cant mooch off of our taxes.
I do not apologize for illegals smuggling narcotics into our country.
I do not apologize for the horrendous medical bills accrued on behalf of injured illegals

Some people are empathetic to the point of ineffective stupidity. These are the people who "apologize" profusely for sensible law that has always been there, regardless of Arizonas extra steps.

This is not to say that I totally agree with it, either.

ISRAEL,

I grew up in the central valley. I am VERY aware of the illegal immigrant work ethics and procedures. I have driven by Davis, Clovis, Woodland, and West Sacramento for years, and can remember as far back as me being a little boy riding around in dads Peterbilt to pick up a load at Blue Diamond, and seeing illegal immigrants working in the surrounding fields.

Let's look at the flip side of this Israel.

I met a guy who owns an enormous house and property in Sacramento. He is a Mexican. Grew up in cardboard boxes, literally. Trying to remember the name of his birthplace, but it eludes me at the moment.

Now, I don't like this guy. I think he is a total jerk to his family and loved ones. He rubbed me the wrong way for sure.

However.

He came over illegally in the 70's, and was part of a large criminal element. Somewhere along the way, he was incarcerated, and when he got out, he decided to fly straight.

Instead of fleeing back to Mexico, he went out and got his citizenship. Now he is an US Citizen.

He now clears over 200k a year as one of the areas leading roofing companies. The guys he hires, if immigrants, he teaches English to, and PAYS for their citizenship. He refuses to bring any of them onboard if they do not have their greencard, which he views as inexcusable.

He understands the value of our immigration and border laws.

Why don't you?

ecocks

imported post

David, no one has a problem with immigrants such as yourself, who came here legally, acquired residence and then citizenship. I have yet to see anyone treat you, your wife, daughter or grandchildrenas different than any other person in the room.

The issue here is whether the "illegals" who have flooded our country (your countrytoo remember) and placed a burden on our schools, healthcare system and law enforcement institutions by not paying their way through income taxes, payroll taxes and meeting the various responsibilities of citizenship will be allowed to continue this indefinitely.

I've lived in a country where you had to show proof of citizenship on demand to any police officer or government official. Illegal immigration was not a problem there, it was purely a means of controlling dissident behavior or, worse, enabling criminal extortion by those officers and officials. This is nothing like that situation. AZ has a clearly demonstrated problem with the number of illegal immigrants in their population.

My wife and I have been separated for nine months due to our desire for her to live and work here legally (with a green card). Believe me, mivaquero amigo, I resent that requirement every day I wake up without her in our home. However, it never crosses my mind to use her tourist visa status to bring her here and hide her from the authorities while she gets a job as a domestic or hotel service worker. Instead,we do the "right" thing according to the laws where we plan on living our lives. In a country governed by rule of law, I understand that this is necessary for both her protection and the country's.

Yes, we send moneyto our overseas familymembers to pay for another home, food for our relatives to eat and the tuition of our daughter-in-law, but, like you, the money we send is all properly taxed in the US and our bills are paid here before we send it there.

If anyone ever wants to give you problems with being hispanic here in our area, feel free to call me or most of the guys and we'll be there to show our support for you in whatever way is needed. If we ever go to AZ, I'll show them my family'spapers while you are showing them yours.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ESTA ESCRITO EN INGLES !!!!!!!, si fue escrito para los "Latinos" entonces escribanlo en castellano puro, para que lo entendamos, .

It will be a "kodak" picture to see all these gringos working on thefields under the hot Arizona heat,It will be good for you Arizona, maybe that way you don't go to to the Welfare Dpt. to ask for help.but this is what you want , you then will get it, lots of lucks, Ojala que no metan las de "batir " lodo, JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,ja ja ja . Muchos saludos . Su vaquero amigo Israel.

Post data, I know mi english is not so good, but it is understandable, I am A USA citizen since 72. I will prefere to return to my home country than going to Arizona. :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:
I agree. If it is really meant for illegals to read, it should be in Spanish. If more white people were willing to do the jobs latinos do for the same wages, there wouldn't be millions of people 'unemployed'.

ISRAEL wrote:
I got my citizenship at the City Hall in Tacoma, The "ilegales" are helping whith tax Dollars here in The USA, and they know that they will not get anything when they retire, most of us came to the USA for only short time, That is my case, I will retire next year and going back to El Salvador, and yes I been sending lots of money to my country for my retirement, never got anythig free here, I have bought everythyng even my green card $20.00 and my citizen diploma for $25.00. I have work all these years and saving , not even unemployment money I work in Yakima,Olympia,Sacramento,and now in Boise, Los "ilegales " are in every counrty, and , we mistreat them, we talk to them as criminals and we only swallow the food they have harvest to continue mitreating them. I alredy ask forgiveness to my kids, becouse they where born in this country and the future is not good for the peoplewho looks to "hispano" and my kids are sad, I do hope they fallow me whenI return to my country, well sorryif I feel sad butto me it is not a good law, if it were a good law, then why people are applolgizing for that law?
Illegals pay sales tax, just like we do. The ones who draw paychecks have income taxes and social security withheld but they never file to claim it. There are millions of dollars every year collected by the Social Security administration that can't be matched with legal citizens. I think we should say thanks to all the illegals who keep our entitlement programs out of the red. :quirky

And why should I care how people choose to spend their money? Maybe I want to invest all my money in a home in El Salvador so that I can retire there and live like a king with my hard earned American dollars. Would that be "unAmerican"?

Mucho felicidad para usted y su familia, but I hope you will choose to stay here. Help us work toward a country where people are measured by their actions and not the way they look.

Ca Patriot

imported post

Dont forget that California voters approved a FAR MORE strict anti-illegal immigrant measure long before Arizona did. California passed Prop 187 but federal courts struck it down as unconstitutional.

What exactly do other states suggest California should do when the FEDERAL courts wont allow California to stop illegal immigration ?

Every state in America has US Senators but for some reason other states like to blame California for an issue they largely have no control over.

In addition, I dont know how many people know this but California is now the border state with the LOWEST number of illegal entries into America. Thats why illegals are going to Arizona.

I support Arizonas new illegal immigration law but they are going to find out the hard way very soon that the federal government and courts are going to strike them down and prevent their efforts just like they prevented California.

The US attorney generals offices is going to get a temporary injuctions preventing the implitation of 1070 and then the feds and ACLU and Mexican law groups are going to tie it up in the courts FOR YEARS.

Arizona and the rest of country will find out what California learned years ago.

noname762

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Arizona should turn the tables on Kalifornia for that state's absurd "boycott" illegal alien a-- kissing. When Kalifornia starts having brownouts this summer, Arizona should refuse to sell them electrical power. See how fast that gets the commies' attention.
+1 Hoooaah!!

Yeah Kalifornia. . .put that in yo pipe and smoke it!! :celebrate

ecocks

imported post

I agree on the power issue. Simply, AZ should not tolerate the antics of the pandering politicians in Cali who thought to curry votes among their Hispanic communities bypassing resolutions and making executive decreesprohibiting purchases from, or travel to, AZ.

I'd notify them that if their mayors order, or city councils vote to, cease purchasing from AZ entities that this constitutes breaching of the existing power contracts and any other commodity purchase agreements (water particularly comes to mind).

How about CA-bound products which transit AZ roads or come from AZ-based factories/warehouses/assembly pointsof conglomerates? What happens if other states adopt this type of law and CA-municipalities vote "boycotts" and economic "punishments" of YOUR state and city? When is it no longer a measure of spitebut an acknowledged action intended to damage your family's well-being?

My understanding is that the LA City Council actually adopted a resolution containing the intent to "punish" AZ through economic action. Pretending that it's all okay and "we know you weren't serious" just encourages future grandstanding and posturing of politicians and reduces public trust in the actions of government.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
ISRAEL wrote:
What you do not concede, is the fact that there are millions of illegals here that do not have any interest in pursuing a work visa, let alone a green card.

Furthermore, most illegals work "under the table", meaning not only is the local and federal government not getting taxes outside of commodities purchased at convenience stores or supermarkets, but the money itself is moving expressly towards Mexico, or other foreign markets (Illegal immigrants are not limited to Mexicans).

When injuries occur over here, these same individuals, irregardless of race, accrue medical bills they never intend to pay by visiting out emergency rooms.

Furthermore, illegal immigrants negate large portions of our domestic products profit (the crops picked) by sending raw dollars across the border, to stimulate another economy at our expense.

There are specific laws that are in place because they need to be, in order for our economy to thrive. Acting like these don't exist, regardless of your take on Arizona, is just plain intolerant to our values as a nation. In fact, it means you are a criminal (referring to illegals).

I do not apologize for the horrendous medical bills accrued on behalf of injured illegals

Some people are empathetic to the point of ineffective stupidity. These are the people who "apologize" profusely for sensible law that has always been there, regardless of Arizonas extra steps.

ISRAEL,

I grew up in the central valley. I am VERY aware of the illegal immigrant work ethics and procedures. I have driven by Davis, Clovis, Woodland, and West Sacramento for years, and can remember as far back as me being a little boy riding around in dads Peterbilt to pick up a load at Blue Diamond, and seeing illegal immigrants working in the surrounding fields.

I met a guy who owns an enormous house and property in Sacramento. He is a Mexican. Grew up in cardboard boxes, literally. Trying to remember the name of his birthplace, but it eludes me at the moment.

Now, I don't like this guy. I think he is a total jerk to his family and loved ones. He rubbed me the wrong way for sure.

However.

He came over illegally in the 70's, and was part of a large criminal element. Somewhere along the way, he was incarcerated, and when he got out, he decided to fly straight.

Instead of fleeing back to Mexico, he went out and got his citizenship. Now he is an US Citizen.

He now clears over 200k a year as one of the areas leading roofing companies. The guys he hires, if immigrants, he teaches English to, and PAYS for their citizenship. He refuses to bring any of them onboard if they do not have their greencard, which he views as inexcusable.

Why don't you?
One look at ISRAEL's postings and you can clearly see where his true allegiance lies. And it ain't with America. One has to wonder why he bothered to become a citizen if he still holds such strong ties to the country of his birth.

buster81

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

One look at ISRAEL's postings and you can clearly see where his true allegiance lies. And it ain't with America. One has to wonder why he bothered to become a citizen if he still holds such strong ties to the country of his birth.
Perhaps he had his fingers crossed during his oath. Some us took that oathvoluntarily and seriously, and some weren't even saying the words.

Dreamer

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Arizona should turn the tables on Kalifornia for that state's absurd "boycott" illegal alien a-- kissing. When Kalifornia starts having brownouts this summer, Arizona should refuse to sell them electrical power. See how fast that gets the commies' attention.

That would be particularly difficult, especially since:

1) the new head of the US Department of Energy is ALL FOR electricity rationing, and thinks that the Utility companies and the government have the right (they already have the ability through the use of "smart meters) to create artificial scarcity, and they are ALREADY planning such "rolling brownouts" for the big states this summer, especially in Urban areas, and

2) the major power companies ALREADY have a long (and profitable) history of creating artificial scarcity of electricity by scaling back genaration capacity in the summer to artificially drive up rates. (Enron, AEP, ConEd, etc, etc,etc..)

I don't think brownouts in Kaliphornia would cause any sort of "political awakening" in that god-forsaken state. It would cause looting, riots, and inevitable deaths (especially among the poor and the elderly) but then again, all THOSE things are part of Cass Sunstein's and Rahm Emanuel's big plan to further decimate our industrial base, and foment race and class warefare in the US so they have an excuse to COMPLETELY suspend Posse Comitatus and put troops in the streets...

This summer should prove to be VERY interesting.

I hope everyone is prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse, because there is a whole NATION full of zombies (not the undead variety, but definitely the "brain-dead" kind...) just waiting for an excuse to cause mayhem. And with an army of federally-trained and directed agent provocateurs infiltrating every group from Acorn, to the NRA, from "anarchists" to the John Birch Society, from "Appleseed" to the screenwriters for Oprah, it will most likely be our own government (or their paid agents) who "strike the first match"...

Anyone who DOESN'T think there is going to be a series of "Reichstag fires" in the US over the next 2 years is either delusional, or part of the "problem"...

celticredneck

imported post

Has anyone actually read Arizona's law? I admit I haven't, but I did listen to an interesting interview with the law professor who wrote it. From what he said:

! The police can't just stop and ask any one who looks Hispanic for their papers. It has to be done in connection with an arrest for another crime. If Juan is walking down the street and passes an officer, he is good to go, but if Jaun is running from a convenience store with a gun in one hand and money in the other, he can be asked about his immigration status

2 It follows federal immigration laws already on the books. I do plan on reading it on another site.

I just scanned through it, and there are a few inconsistencies with what the professor stated, but overall it seems reasonable to me. Here is the link:

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070h.pdf

At least it is only 17 or so pages rather than the thousands in the Obama health care bill. Much of it seems to deal with the people who knowingly hire illegals rather than the illegals themselves.

ISRAEL

imported post

Well, I became a citizen of United States of America, not America, America is from Alaska to cabo de hornos, and all the islands of the Caribean,I am an American that was born in El Salvador, Central America,I love El Salvador, the rest of my family lives there, they have no intension to come to USA, I go and visit very often and the next time it will be for good, I may comebak with my tale betwin my legs, I have my own will and I think this is a bad and ugly law, but if you all love it then , thats ok. whith me too, I am a Republican that doesn't mean that I agree whith every thing Republicans do, and I love USA is been good to me, I have done better that a lot of "Americans", But I do hope that law fails misserable. But maybe not, we will see what the future brings to Arizona. I wish well to my pastor friend in a big church in Tucson, The Lord Bless all of you, I am not mad, I am sad, This is life, and I hope the O.C. group in Boise still wanting me, This is what I believe and you have your own, that is democracy I think, well my OC friends God bless you and keep you and continue to spread the OC movement, I do it every weekend.

noname762

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:
ISRAEL wrote:

ISRAEL,

However.

Why don't you?
...."and you can clearly see where his true allegiance lies....AND IT AIN'T WITH AMERICA"

I would NOT shed a tear if Israel went back to his original country today, right NOW even.

My main problems with foreigners coming to my country from our southern border are several.
NUMBER ONE In my area 99+% DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. They're not even trying from what I see. Besides what's their incentive to do so when stores, DOL, Welfare, cable/satellite networks and Employment Security have spanish speakers.
There have been more than a few jobs I would have put in for except they're looking for bilingual workers ONLY. Down the road that just means it costs you and I MORE $$$ for everything we buy.
When I was little and growing up I was taught that IT WAS RUDE to speak a foreign language in public. Now any trolls out there or liberals that might read these words of mine after I post this wanna say something bad about my folks; well my Dad died in 1992 due to complications and Alzheimers and my Mom now has Alzheimers too. So good luck with that.

I am pretty pissed off right now. Time for me to get out of this thread before I do something I might regret. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ISRAEL

imported post

As we say in spanish, , there are only 2 things to do you can continue mad and angry or you can find peace and contentment.

You MUST remember USA is the 2nd spanish speaking country in the world ,only Mejico has more.

My moving to El Salvador was decided long time ago, I will not need to much money to live confortable overthere, I have open angle glaucoma and with insurance the medicine cost me $65.00 very 6 weeks, no insurance $256.00,in El Salvador same medicine made by Bayer ,$14.00, .I am bless I guess becouse I have double citicenship, the same as my children and they are going to inherited my and my wife land, then you see I work very hard in both countries and next year if I don't die I will be enjoying the fruit of my work.

But don't worry be happy, spread the O.C.movement, that is the idea of this post. I do. God is comming soon , any way.

buster81

imported post

celticredneck wrote:
Has anyone actually read Arizona's law?
I was able to free up 10 minutes of my time to read it before coming to a conclusion. It's a shame others can't be bothered to do so before throwing down the racism card... again.

celticredneck

imported post

buster81 wrote:
celticredneck wrote:
I was able to free up 10 minutes of my time to read it before coming to a conclusion. It's a shame others can't be bothered to do so before throwing down the racism card... again.
There do seem to be some things in there that are open to interpretation. For isstance, what is "reasonable suspicion" To me, just looking Hispanic isn't "reasonable suspicion. It could be a legal immigrant, like Israel and others. I firmly agreed with what I heard in the radio interview, i.e. checking the immigration status of someone being investigated for another crime. Also I agree with following federal laws already in existence.

buster81

imported post

celticredneck wrote:
buster81 wrote:
celticredneck wrote:
There do seem to be some things in there that are open to interpretation. For isstance, what is "reasonable suspicion" To me, just looking Hispanic isn't "reasonable suspicion. It could be a legal immigrant, like Israel and others. I firmly agreed with what I heard in the radio interview, i.e. checking the immigration status of someone being investigated for another crime. Also I agree with following federal laws already in existence.

What wasreasonable suspicion before this law?

slowfiveoh

imported post

Regardless, I think it is wonderful that the state of Arizona is doing what ARIZONANS want.

Lead the way Arizona.

Even people in other states think you are awesome!