• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pierce County Breaking the Law Starting June 16th:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deanf wrote:
This is the kind of small but important thing that the WAC should be all over (see my reply in recent thread about the WAC.)

How is that? The exemption for CPL holders is still in place according to the new rules.

Only open carry is forgotten about....

I understand your premise, but how would an organization like WAC keep up to date and handle all of these types of issues. And if they do, they can put me on the payroll and I will personally monitor and work on these kind of things. :)

joeroket

imported post

SnarlyWino wrote:
Would an inquiry to the state attorney general's office not be in order?
No it would not. He does not enforce law or bring criminal complaints forward. It needs to be a City or County attorney, and fat chance of that happening.

Phssthpok

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
olypendrew wrote:
The best mechanism to force them to do what they are required to do is probably a writ of mandamus.

So if there is not a positive response from the city and county council, et al, then I should go to the courthouse and be refused entry. (Sterile carry)

Then take that information to the Superior Court of Pierce County and petition for a writ of mandamus?

Have a sheriff's deputy accompany you when you make your attempt.

When they refuse to check/receive your side arm, point out the (misdemeanor) criminal violation(s) of two seperate laws that just occurred in the deputy's presence. The deputy will then be REQUIRED to arrest (or at the very least cite and release) the one(s) responsible for violating the law or be placed in legal jeopardy themselves.

:celebrate

joeroket

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
olypendrew wrote:
The best mechanism to force them to do what they are required to do is probably a writ of mandamus.

So if there is not a positive response from the city and county council, et al, then I should go to the courthouse and be refused entry. (Sterile carry)

Then take that information to the Superior Court of Pierce County and petition for a writ of mandamus?

When they refuse to check/receive your side arm, point out the (misdemeanor) criminal violation(s) of two seperate laws that just occurred in the deputy's presence. The deputy will then be REQUIRED to arrest (or at the very least cite and release) the one(s) responsible for violating the law or be placed in legal jeopardy themselves.

How did that work for you? We never did hear any outcome.

Aaron1124

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
olypendrew wrote:

Between my friends and relatives, I have two friends who work for Kent PD, a cousin who works for Seattle PD, an uncle who works for King County Sheriff's Department, and another uncle who works for Seattle's DEA Field Office. I should bring this up to one of them.

killchain

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
olypendrew wrote:

Between my friends and relatives, I have two friends who work for Kent PD, a cousin who works for Seattle PD, an uncle who works for King County Sheriff's Department, and another uncle who works for Seattle's DEA Field Office. I should bring this up to one of them.
Go to the courthouse with them!

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

killchain wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
olypendrew wrote:

Wrong, have them go to the courthouse with you (you're the one pushing the buttons, not them).

killchain

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
killchain wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
olypendrew wrote:

Wrong, have them go to the courthouse with you (you're the one pushing the buttons, not them).
Yeah, have them go to the courthouse with you. And go with them too!

...grammar na -- Oh look a pistol!

1911.432x559.jpg

deanf

imported post

Whatcom County courthouse asks for ID also which bugs me because I like to carry sterile.

That's exactly the kind of thing the WAC should be handling. It's a minor annoyance, yes, but it's wrong and they should be aggressive about correcting it.

Phssthpok

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what does carrying "sterile" mean?

Not carrying any identifying documents so that said documents cannot be forceably obtained in an illegal manner during police interactions.

Aaron1124

imported post

Ah... I gotcha. I never leave the house without my ID. Are people saying that when they get in their vehicle, they don't bring their DL with them? Or they simply leave it in their vehicle when they get out?

God Forbid, if I were ever in a serious accident, or get severely injured somewhere, I'd WANT to have my ID on me so it can be reported to my family.

twest17

imported post

on kiro7 last night they specifically said that those who are legally carrying with CPL or open will still be able to store their firearms at the courthouse.

USMC1911

imported post

Yeah, have them go to the courthouse with you. And go with them too!

...grammar na -- Oh look a pistol!

1911.432x559.jpg

I about tripped over my tounge ! :celebrate

oneeyeross

imported post

I can just see the GeheimStatsPolitzei asking "Ihre Papieren, bitte!" ...although, with the tone of voice, I doubt the "bitte" part was sincere....

Oh, wait, we don't have a Gestapo, do we? (Well, not yet anyway, although J. Edgar sure tried to have one...)