Thread: First Time Open Carry

Post imported post

Today was my first time open carrying. I went to Aldi first and Walmart second, in Tomah WI. Nobody said a word or even acknowledged that I was carrying. As nervous as I was in Aldi. I was much more relaxed in Walmart. Other that pulling my pants up and feeling the weight of my Ruger on my hip. It was just like any other day getting groceries. I had my audio recorder in my shirt pocket at the ready just in case. And some of those Wisconsin Gun Rights pamphlets in my back pocket. I will continue to open carry all the time, it wasn't bad at all. Yippee. I don't have to be scared anymore.

Post imported post

Nicely done! My first time was to Cabela's, which I had read as being very OC friendly. I was a nervous wreck thinking someone was going to call the LEO's. Now it's like grabbing the wallet, no nerves. In fact I feel naked without it.

Carry On!!!

Post imported post

Welcome to the coolest club in town, today is your day.:celebrate:celebrate You should feel very proud for what you have accomplished. Taking control of your own self protection is a big responsibility, better you take control than allowing the criminals to have it. Carry on my friend.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Awesome! This is what freedom in Wisconsin needs more than anything else.

Just normal people armed for personal protection going about their daily business.

Carry On!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

bhancock

Post imported post

My first time was at Gander Mt. in Onalaska. I was a little nervous at first but was fine by the time I got halfway to the back of the store. An odd note, I have never really felt the Gander associates even cared that I was in the store, then this day they were all smiles and eager to help me. My imagination, I am not sure but waiting to see if it keeps up. Heck, if thats all it takes to be noticed and treated politely, I should have started a long time ago. I still say it is a silent moderator, especially with the bad guys. By open carrying I am sure there will be some of those that I will never have the displeasure of meeting.

Carry On!

Post imported post

You did good! The first time I carried, I was nervous as heck too. Doing the right thing is scary sometimes but always worth it.

Always be on guard as to where you are and what you're doing. Especially when putting your gun in it's case and taking it out. Safety first and watch out for bad guys.

Very cool, You did it. Now you know who you are, one of the good guys.

Look forward to seeing you at OC events. Maybe in Eau Claire on the 13th.

Carry on, Hardballer out.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

I plan on attending the Open Carry event in Eau Clair.

Post imported post

I like to oc in Tomah. My "first time" was in the wal-mart there, then kfc, TCS, and the local kt. Never had a problem in Tomah. I had the shakes real bad at wal-mart, but by the time I went to kfc, I was fine. Have beenoc'ing everywhere I can since. Best part, no more shakes. Also, congrats.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

McX

Post imported post

it isn't related to the thread title, but i thought i would drop it in here for comment; you haven't realy lived until you look out your shop door, when you hear screaming, and see 2 people going at it, in the middle of the intersection down the street, while cars whizz by. happened at the end of the day yesterday. couple that to the multi-person local social visitors we had the other day, and i've formed a conclusion. the sign on the wall in the lounge says open carry ok here. i think i should amend it to: gun owners: open carry required here. what you think? sign of the times perhapse?

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    it isn't related to the thread title, but i thought i would drop it in here for comment; you haven't realy lived until you look out your shop door, when you hear screaming, and see 2 people going at it, in the middle of the intersection down the street, while cars whizz by. happened at the end of the day yesterday. couple that to the multi-person local social visitors we had the other day, and i've formed a conclusion. the sign on the wall in the lounge says open carry ok here. i think i should amend it to: gun owners: open carry required here. what you think? sign of the times perhapse?
    Interesting, so how did you respond? I think that sign would be a good idea!

McX

Post imported post

how did i respond? I didn't; my firearm is for my personal safety, and the safety and protection of my company property, employees, and customers. civil matter in the street are a venue for the police. i have no police authority, therefor it is none of my business. besides, the damsel in distress was cleaning clock on her counterpart. and it all went down in a school zone, as an added bonus.

Post imported post

Congrats on your first time!

I've carried in the Tomah Wal-Mart once. My friend was working there while he waited to get a job in his field. He didn't believe I could carry a gun in Wal-Mart. So I holstered up and walked in and found him.

My very fist OC was at the first OC picnic in La Crosse County last summer. I found my post about my first carry:

Just OCed for my first time, not counting the picnic. Went to Wal-Mart. Had to use the ATM, pick up a couple things, and then get a sandwich at Subway. Nobody talked to me, and didn't notice any weird looks or anything. But then, I was pretty nervous about it myself and wasn't looking at people too much. Walked by at least a dozen employees who had to have seen me carrying. Especially when I was using the ATM, since its right at the service counter. At Subway the cashier may have seen it. Didn't make a face or anything but seemed a bit nervous. She just gave me my receipt and then didn't look at me or say anything after.
    I don't carry as much as I should. Bought a new gun though and have a holster on the way. I love the new gun so much I just might carry more often!

I do prefer concealed over open, as does my fiance. She's completely fine with me CCing, and normally doesn't even know I have a gun with me. But she doesn't want to draw attention to us, and really doesn't want the police called!

Carry on!

Logan
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association