• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have another brain fart

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

In Utah the law is: IF IT AIN'T ILLEGAL THEN IT IS LEGAL ( I took the liberty to use some vernacular)
and I know of no law regarding the carry of any weapon (open or concealed) by any animal (Dog or otherwise)--- it must be legal.... :celebrate:celebrate

Now, what about this.... Dog is seeing eye type harness with holstered firearm and person in very dark glasses walking with dog?

edited to add: Most of Utah's laws refer to persons may or may not do type language. So since animals are not persons YET ....

eye95

imported post

I think the prosecutor would successfully argue that possession is transitive.

If you are in possession of the dog and the dog is in possession of the gun, then you are in possession of the gun. Guilty!

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Meet Daisy!

daisyw.jpg

thats dog open carry

but what about dog conceiled carry?

i have 3 dogs so one with a handgun other with a shotgun and the last with a rifle

Superlite27

imported post

eye95 wrote:

If you are in possession of the dog and the dog is in possession of the gun, then you are in possession of the gun. Guilty!

Do any of you possess houses?

Technically, if you are in posession of a house, and there is a firearm concealed within it......

...if possession is transitive, aren't you in possession of a concealed firearm?

I'm unfamiliar with your many laws.

Do any of them contain phrases such as "concealed on or about one's person"?

I know the PETA folks are a little off the deep end out there, but certainly a dog isn't considered a person?

BTW: Daisy's sidearm appears to be on her right side.

I would have figured her for a southpaw.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
thats dog open carry

but what about dog conceiled carry?

i have 3 dogs so one with a handgun other with a shotgun and the last with a rifle

Rule #11, my friend:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the folks on this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

:lol::banghead::celebrate

"Do not start"

i did not start the thread that way i mentioned it

so kiss my a$$

eye95

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Do any of you possess houses?

Technically, if you are in posession of a house, and there is a firearm concealed within it......

...if possession is transitive, aren't you in possession of a concealed firearm? In Alabama any kind of carry is legal in one's home, so your point is moot.

I'm unfamiliar with your many laws.

Do any of them contain phrases such as "concealed on or about one's person"? I was talking possession, not concealment.

I know the PETA folks are a little off the deep end out there, but certainly a dog isn't considered a person?

BTW: Daisy's sidearm appears to be on her right side.

I would have figured her for a southpaw.
See my replies above in navy. :p