Thread: Kaliforna open carry on the rocks ?

Post imported post

Our neighbors to the west are in danger of loosing their right to open carry ? Anyone else here about this or is it old news ?

Activist Member

Post imported post

Well I've been keeping up on it since I live right next to the California border and visit quite often. The Assembly passed a ban on unloaded open carry, but it was not by a wide margin. It means there is some hope that the senate might not pass it or the governor might veto it. I think we should know whether it is the new rule in California by the end of August.

Post imported post

Thanks Felid for the update.....I saw a little on the NRA web site but not a lot of detail.

Post imported post

Soilent Green wrote:
    Our neighbors to the west are in danger of loosing their right to open carry ? Anyone else here about this or is it old news ?
    I'm not really concerned. McDonald v Chicago will be decided this month and this bill won't pass constitutional muster. Just another "feel good" law that will be deleted.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Measuring corruption on a scale of one to ten, one being the most corrupt state, California is second only to Illinois. I have almost zero faith in California's government to do the right thing. One ray of sunshine in all of this is that ever since the people of California recalled their former governer, they have become more and more politicaly aware. It's just a shame that the Califonia's government had to be bankrupted, both morally and financially before the people realized that who they elect directly effects their quality of life.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

Yeap waiting to see how the winds blow after june, I just might go live

In Nevada yeah for a free state ! Robin47 :celebrate